AVS Forum banner

1661 - 1673 of 1673 Posts

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Ok that’s great to hear. Can you help me understand how this all works? What am I loosing when the full signal gets converted to something the Epson can understand? I have to be loosing some data, right? Maybe a ELI5 explanation for my newbness lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look the Quick Preset page of the usermanual.
Basically if you have a 10.2Gbps display you have 2 options, you can prefer RESOLUTION over chroma and/or color depth and convert anything above 10.2 Gbps to 4K60 420 8b which is your PJ max (this is quick preset HOLD RST + Press INP3 times), or you can prefer chroma and color depth over resolution in such case you can convert any 4K60 to 1080p60 444 12b (this is quick preset 4 if i recall right, HOLD RST + Press INP 4 times)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Basically if you have a 10.2Gbps display you have 2 options, you can prefer RESOLUTION over chroma and/or color depth and convert anything above 10.2 Gbps to 4K60 420 8b which is your PJ max (this is quick preset HOLD RST + Press INP3 times), or you can prefer chroma and color depth over resolution in such case you can convert any 4K60 to 1080p60 444 12b (this is quick preset 4 if i recall right, HOLD RST + Press INP 4 times)
Awesome, this is exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks for being active here in the forums and giving detailed and fairly prompt answers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those of us not on Discord, has anyone made any progress completing the handshake between their PS5 and the Linker to display 4k60 HDR @4.2.0 8-bit? Heck, even 1080p HDR?

·
Registered
449 Posts
For those of us not on Discord, has anyone made any progress completing the handshake between their PS5 and the Linker to display 4k60 HDR @4.2.0 8-bit? Heck, even 1080p HDR?
Yes people have had success using the linker with the ps5. However I recommend the vertex 2 or diva for this unless you are a windows user.

·
Registered
449 Posts
what settings/setup works for the linker?
Please see
and read through this page. Info and screenshots are given.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi!

If I connect my pc to my tv than in windows I can only select stereo output through hdmi connection. This is an edid problem.
Can I use my Linker with custom edid injection and save this edid with Linker GUI and after that use the saved edid file and overwrite my pc's edid file?
The tv can accpect DD 5.1.

If yes, how?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi!

If I connect my pc to my tv than in windows I can only select stereo output through hdmi connection. This is an edid problem.
Can I use my Linker with custom edid injection and save this edid with Linker GUI and after that use the saved edid file and overwrite my pc's edid file?
The tv can accpect DD 5.1.

If yes, how?
The linker has built in EDIDS you can select as per page 12
You need to use the All Sound for surround sound.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The linker has built in EDIDS you can select as per page 12
You need to use the All Sound for surround sound.
Thanks.
But I want to use my setup after disconnect the linker.. So I would like to store linker'd edid and overwrite the orginal edid in the windows. Therefore everything should works perfectly after I remove the linker from the chain.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks.
But I want to use my setup after disconnect the linker.. So I would like to store linker'd edid and overwrite the orginal edid in the windows. Therefore everything should works perfectly after I remove the linker from the chain.
This is not a linker related question. I would try the HTPC forum as users their maybe able to help with an EDID override for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What should the physical switches be set to when using the linker with an Xbox series x and a 5040ub?

Also, how do you downgrade the firmware to .23?

·
Registered
449 Posts
What should the physical switches be set to when using the linker with an Xbox series x and a 5040ub?

Also, how do you downgrade the firmware to .23?
As per above
page 11
Basically if you have a 10.2Gbps display you have 2 options, you can prefer RESOLUTION over chroma and/or color depth and convert anything above 10.2 Gbps to 4K60 420 8b which is your PJ max (this is quick preset HOLD RST + Press INP3 times), or you can prefer chroma and color depth over resolution in such case you can convert any 4K60 to 1080p60 444 12b (this is quick preset 5 if i recall right, HOLD RST + Press INP 5 times)

You can downgrade firmware by just flashing the firmware of your choosing.

Lastly the switches should be set as per
page 8 custom if using the presets above
page 11 scaling justified

1661 - 1673 of 1673 Posts