AVS Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1709 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
4:2:2 is not full color it’s half color
That’s what I meant
I was wondering if there was a dv 4:4:4 12bit
4:4:4 12-bit would be impossible at 4K60 since it would exceed the 18Gbps limit of HDMI 2.0. 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit is the highest signal possible at 4K60.

·
Registered
22 Posts
4:4:4 12-bit would be impossible at 4K60 since it would exceed the 18Gbps limit of HDMI 2.0. 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit is the highest signal possible at 4K60.
What tweaks do you have to do to get it it said it loaded but it didn’t show up
It’s just custom 1 no lldv I don’t know if it’s working

·
Registered
539 Posts
What tweaks do you have to do to get it it said it loaded but it didn’t show up
It’s just custom 1 no lldv I don’t know if it’s working
Post a screenshot from the gui that shows the input and output resolution.
This will show what is happening and if any changes need to be made.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Post a screenshot from the gui that shows the input and output resolution.
This will show what is happening and if any changes need to be made.
I have another question if I put linker in sink mode and my tv supports Dolby Vision, does that mean the Dolby Vision signal is the one that will get pushed through?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do I have to turn off custom hdr to sink
I tried it with 4:4:4 and 16 bit color 24hz

when this combination works otherwise
I would like to see if my tv can push it but I don’t know as of now because I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, I also have ignore edid limitations activated

·
Registered
Panasonic DP-UB824, Oppo BDP93, Athem AVM60, Naim NAP200/150x , MartinLogan Motion15, Arendal 1961s
10 Posts
Sorry for asking something that may already have been answered but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

What do I need to do If I want to only do hdcp conversion (2.2 source to 1.4 sink) and leave the signal itself untouched, since it is being output exactly the way I want it to be?

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
539 Posts
Do I have to turn off custom hdr to sink
I tried it with 4:4:4 and 16 bit color 24hz

when this combination works otherwise
I would like to see if my tv can push it but I don’t know as of now because I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, I also have ignore edid limitations activated
Please explain what you are trying to do.
As dolby vision cannot be altered.
It has to pass from source direct to display.
If the display does not support dv.
Then you need to send LLDV and use custom metadata to make the display think it is a HDR signal.
Or manually switch your display into HDR mode yourself if possible.
No hdfury can convert DV to HDR.
LLDV to HDR is the only option if the display is not DV compatible.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sorry for asking something that may already have been answered but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

What do I need to do If I want to only do hdcp conversion (2.2 source to 1.4 sink) and leave the signal itself untouched, since it is being output exactly the way I want it to be?

Cheers

Mark
As per pic on page 17 to 19 of the manual

you would use the GUI and tick the box.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Do I have to shut off custom hdr for it to work it gives me pink screen when I add flags 4:4:4 and 16 bit color
Still not certain as to what you are trying to accomplish, nor do I know what brand/model TV you have.

First of all, there are two main Dolby Vision formats:
  • TV-led Dolby Vision that is sent from players as RGB 4:4:4 8-bit. This is the original format of Dolby Vision that is sent to all Dolby Vision TVs except Sony.
  • Player-led Low Latency Dolby Vision (LLDV) that is sent from players as 4:2:2 12-bit BT2020 to Sony TVs.
You should not be trying to change Dolby Vision format to anything else like 4:4:4. It is not going to work.
Or to try to get players to send 4:4:4 LLDV as they won't do it. Maybe sometime in the HDMI 2.1 future 4:4:4 LLDV will be supported.

I couldn't get TV-led Dolby Vision to my LG B7A which is a Dolby Vision capable OLED.
  • I selected Sink as the EDID in the Linker.
  • Scaling Mode set to Thru.
  • I turned OFF custom HDR.
  • The ATV4K brought up the Dolby Vision test. On running the test, colors were pink on the LG as if it does not support Dolby Vision.
If there is some other step required, I don't know what it might be.

·
Registered
Panasonic DP-UB824, Oppo BDP93, Athem AVM60, Naim NAP200/150x , MartinLogan Motion15, Arendal 1961s
10 Posts
Still not certain as to what you are trying to accomplish, nor do I know what brand/model TV you have.

First of all, there are two main Dolby Vision formats:
  • TV-led Dolby Vision that is sent from players as RGB 4:4:4 8-bit. This is the original format of Dolby Vision that is sent to all Dolby Vision TVs except Sony.
  • Player-led Low Latency Dolby Vision (LLDV) that is sent from players as 4:2:2 12-bit BT2020 to Sony TVs.
You should not be trying to change Dolby Vision format to anything else like 4:4:4. It is not going to work.
Or to try to get players to send 4:4:4 LLDV as they won't do it. Maybe sometime in the HDMI 2.1 future 4:4:4 LLDV will be supported.

I couldn't get TV-led Dolby Vision to my LG B7A which is a Dolby Vision capable OLED.
  • I selected Sink as the EDID in the Linker.
  • Scaling Mode set to Thru.
  • I turned OFF custom HDR.
  • The ATV4K brought up the Dolby Vision test. On running the test, colors were pink on the LG as if it does not support Dolby Vision.
If there is some other step required, I don't know what it might be.
You are confusing me with someone else. I NEVER asked anything about Dolby Vision!?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Please explain what you are trying to do.
As dolby vision cannot be altered.
It has to pass from source direct to display.
If the display does not support dv.
Then you need to send LLDV and use custom metadata to make the display think it is a HDR signal.
Or manually switch your display into HDR mode yourself if possible.
No hdfury can convert DV to HDR.
LLDV to HDR is the only option if the display is not DV compatible.
I know you can make it 4:4:4 or some displays would support it but my tv is DV compatible I ju need to know how to get it to work with those devices together
Even with no alterations it doesn’t work

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know you can make it 4:4:4 or some displays would support it but my tv is DV compatible I ju need to know how to get it to work with those devices together
Even with no alterations it doesn’t work
I’m not trying to convert it to hdr I’m trying to get the signal to pass through both devices sink it to the tv because it literally does a better job of upscaling if it can’t be altered that’s fine can you tell me how to get it to work

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
If you see page 8

dolby vision requires using the sinks edid.
I tried using Sink, but was not able to get a picture on my LG B7A OLED. The LG displays a purple/pink screen that is typically seen when the TV does not support Dolby Vision. Even the Apple TV Dolby Vision test results in a purple-pink screen. The LG does not report receiving Dolby Vision so it may not be switching to Dolby Vision picture mode and there is no way to manually do so.

I tried reading and saving the TV EDID to custom EDID 1, but that resulted in the LG reporting HDR input.

I had the same issue where after loading the custom BT2020 LLDV EDID to EDID 1, my Apple TV4K passed the Dolby Vision test in this case but the LLDV passed through the Linker did not trigger Dolby Vision mode in my LG OLED. It reported the input as HDR. (Custom HDR was not enabled in the Linker.) I think it is reporting HDR because the EOTF indicator is sent as 2 (PQ) to the TV but must be missing some DV indicators.

I have the most recent firmware available from the HDfury site, but it is from 2017? Also, the firmware dowload link returns a 404 Not Found error.

I already had this version loaded to the Linker.

1681 - 1700 of 1709 Posts