AVS Forum banner

741 - 756 of 756 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
my main recommendation based solely on my personal experience, is to go directly from the maestro to your video devices. And then allow the maestro to feed your AVR the audio stream only. Not only has that been reliable, more reliable than when I fed the video through the AVR, but I find that HDMI switching is faster. You will also see a couple of my previous notes, about cables.

Looking for advice on how to setup/use Maestro.
My current setup is:
1.) ATV4k, Shield TV connected to Denon receiver
2.) Altona AT-UHD-EX-70-2PS-TX from Denon to TV
3.) LG C9 as the TV

With the above, I cannot pass HDR content to the TV (4k SDR content works fine), nor can I send eARC content back to the Denon from the TV.

How do I replace the Altona with HDFury Maestro?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
my main recommendation based solely on my personal experience, is to go directly from the maestro to your video devices. And then allow the maestro to feed your AVR the audio stream only. Not only has that been reliable, more reliable than when I fed the video through the AVR, but I find that HDMI switching is faster. You will also see a couple of my previous notes, about cables.
note that my displays are an lg c8, and a jvc projector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, interesting.
If I have this right:
1.) AppleTV and Nvidia Shield connected to TX Unit HDMI inputs
2.) HDMI Audio output of TX connected to Denon
3.) Cat6 cable connected to HDBaseT of the TX unit
4.) Cat6 connected to HDBaseT of the RX unit
5.) HDMI connected from RX unit to LG C9 tv

This should allow Dolby vision to work on the C9. this should also allow eArch to travel from the RX to the TX to the audio input on the Denon. Correct?

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Ok, interesting.
If I have this right:
1.) AppleTV and Nvidia Shield connected to TX Unit HDMI inputs
2.) HDMI Audio output of TX connected to Denon
3.) Cat6 cable connected to HDBaseT of the TX unit
4.) Cat6 connected to HDBaseT of the RX unit
5.) HDMI connected from RX unit to LG C9 tv

This should allow Dolby vision to work on the C9. this should also allow eArch to travel from the RX to the TX to the audio input on the Denon. Correct?
All correct except that RX unit cannot retrieve eARC only ARC, only TX unit TX0 can retrieve eARC.
To retrieve eARC from C9 far from Denon, you would need 2 things:
1) Sharc from thenaudio.com
2) a cheap HDBT TX/RX set that support at least 720p to route the SHARC output back to AVR input.

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,725 Posts
2) a cheap HDBT TX/RX set that support at least 720p to route the SHARC output back to AVR input.
For a cheap HTBT TX/TX set, I highly recommend the Transformative Engineering HD-1, which can be purchased inexpensively on eBay (there are several listed right now for as low as $120). They work extremely well and are built like tanks. I own 2 of these myself that I used until I switched over to Crestron's HDBase-T matrix switch solution. I've been keeping them around in case I run into an application they would be handy for and this eArc solution would be a good example. I also had a hardware issue with one of the Crestron modules recently and was able to use one of the HD-1's to help rule out bad cables.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For point 2 - can I use the Altona AT-UHD-EX-70-2P2-TX unit I already have?

Do I still need to combine this with the TX unit? My goal is to be able to send HDR content to the LG tv from devices that are not located near the TV. So HDR content from AppleTV / Nvidia Shield in a basement and also retrieve eArc content from the TV when TV apps are being used to send back to the Denon.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
For point 2 - can I use the Altona AT-UHD-EX-70-2P2-TX unit I already have?

Do I still need to combine this with the TX unit? My goal is to be able to send HDR content to the LG tv from devices that are not located near the TV. So HDR content from AppleTV / Nvidia Shield in a basement and also retrieve eArc content from the TV when TV apps are being used to send back to the Denon.
Well, it's up to you to decide how you retrieve sound from C9 eARC as far as i recall this Atlona HDBT is up to 4K60 420 8b 300MHz/10.2Gbps, so way more than needed here to retrieve eARC from C9. So yes you can use, its even overkill for the task.
You can forward it to AVR input directly or via Maestro TX if AVR is at TX unit output, both will work.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Need Guidance. Hope I'm in the right place. Looking for a product/device that will allow me to bypass my AVR HDMI/card and passthrough. My AVR HDMI/processor card died. Is there something that will allow me to connect my av sources (Cable TV box, BRD player, ROKU) to my projector via 4k HDMI while splitting out the audio from those sources so I can send them to the AVR? Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Need Guidance. Hope I'm in the right place. Looking for a product/device that will allow me to bypass my AVR HDMI/card and passthrough. My AVR HDMI/processor card died. Is there something that will allow me to connect my av sources (Cable TV box, BRD player, ROKU) to my projector via 4k HDMI while splitting out the audio from those sources so I can send them to the AVR? Thanks.
Hi, a great solution is the HDFury DIVA with 4 HDMI inputs, 2 HDMI video/audio outputs, 1 HDMI specific audio output.
W.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The diva or the vertex 2 will both work great for you.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The diva or the vertex 2 will both work great for you.
Thank you. Can you explain the differences between the two and in plain language what your products can do to improve my system? I mainly watch 1080 cable TV and streamed Amazon Prime passed through my AVR to a Epson 4k (pixel shifting) projector. Reading your website I'm slightly lost and confused by some of the technical language and exactly what/how your products can improve my ht beyond my original question of how to circumvent my AVR passthrough/video processor. I especially don't understand the "ambient light" feature and am I correct to understand one of your products automatically upscales any 1080 hd signal to 4k? Thanks. I really appreciate your time and help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you. Can you explain the differences between the two and in plain language what your products can do to improve my system? I mainly watch 1080 cable TV and streamed Amazon Prime passed through my AVR to a Epson 4k (pixel shifting) projector. Reading your website I'm slightly lost and confused by some of the technical language and exactly what/how your products can improve my ht beyond my original question of how to circumvent my AVR passthrough/video processor. I especially don't understand the "ambient light" feature and am I correct to understand one of your products automatically upscales any 1080 hd signal to 4k? Thanks. I really appreciate your time and help.
Here is a link showing all the differences.
Basically if you do not need ambient lighting you can use the vertex 2. If you need ambient lighting you will need the diva. Both these units offer a hdmi audio out. So it will allow the hdmi audio to go to your amp. So these are the products you need to get your setup going again.
Please see this video for what ambient light is
Both the diva and the vertex 2 can upscale 1080p to 4k. It is an option that can be turned on or off.

·
Registered
825 Posts
hdfuryhelp, Thanks for the prompt reply! That really helps me understand the ambient light feature. I use a projector so I wouldn't be needing that feature. I have a couple of other questions. I notice that one of the units discusses
it's beneficial for lengthy HDMI runs. I use a 50 ft fiber optic 4k cable to my projector. Would one of your "central units" be more beneficial for that application? Also, would I get "better" audio in any way by running a toslink from one of your units as compared to having my AVR process the audio signal from HDMI sources input in the AVR? Also, how are the features of your units controlled...is there a remote or a computer app? Can something other than a smart phone be used? Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Jon

No you need to run hdmi from our device to your avr for best audio.
If you go to www.hdfury.com/shop
and click the product and then download and manual control is explained there.
Basically there are android/ios app, web server ip control, ir control and rs232.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Maestro TX FW0.63 - RX FW0.50

This update is NOT mandatory if no issue in your setup.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on TX FW 0.63 and RX FW 0.50 #########

1. eARC routine update. (Based on Arcana)

2. New routines for Older Pioneer AVR at Audio out. (Based on Sharc/thenaudio.com)

3. CEC changes: on this firmware and forward we don't clear the physical addressing anymore with hotplug/rsense off in the TX0 port
previously the EDID would get cleared to zero on rsense low but since now some sink erroneously keep rsense high while hotplug low so this is taken into account
it will also keep the CEC network more stable when devices enter standby and back up.

4. eARC compatibility improvements, especially for Arcana.

5. LG displays eARC fix.

6. Webserver > config > Reboot timer (if issue at startup after overnight idle or when using the Auto sense option for autoswitching, you can set a reboot timer)

7. Scrolling Netflix preview could lead to resync on previous release, fixed.

If you need special version of it : Email, PM or our Discord support server.
Download link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Maestro_FW_63.zip

Make sure to refresh your browser after update: CTRL + F5 or clear your internet cache.

741 - 756 of 756 Posts