AVS Forum banner

761 - 780 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Every morning when I get up and turn on my TV, the RX is saying no signal even thought the computer is outputting and the TX is showing its getting and sending a signal. A reboot fixes the issue and everything will work fine all day long (even on reboots/computer going to sleep/anything). Just a weird quirk I'm trying to figure out.
I'm seeing the same thing on the latest firmware. I tried setting the reboot timer to 12 as suggested, but that didn't work. I checked the TX display this morning before I turned the system on and it showed the RX in PowerSave mode. The RX seems to get locked up coming out of power save, since the TX shows it connected but the RX shows no signal. For now I've disabled LINK POWERSAVE in the RX config, and will check again tomorrow.

And a 2nd issue: I just loaded the newest firmware this week and nothing would sync until I switched to EDID 11. I had the "Full + BT.2020 LLDV" EDID loaded in slot 10.. I did the normal export config, load firmware, import config procedure on both the TX and RX. The TX would display the received signal, then no signal, and repeat every couple seconds with it on custom EDID 10. Reloading the "Full + BT.2020 LLDV" EDID into 10 fixed it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm seeing the same thing on the latest firmware. I tried setting the reboot timer to 12 as suggested, but that didn't work. I checked the TX display this morning before I turned the system on and it showed the RX in PowerSave mode. The RX seems to get locked up coming out of power save, since the TX shows it connected but the RX shows no signal. For now I've disabled LINK POWERSAVE in the RX config, and will check again tomorrow.

And a 2nd issue: I just loaded the newest firmware this week and nothing would sync until I switched to EDID 11. I had the "Full + BT.2020 LLDV" EDID loaded in slot 10.. I did the normal export config, load firmware, import config procedure on both the TX and RX. The TX would display the received signal, then no signal, and repeat every couple seconds with it on custom EDID 10. Reloading the "Full + BT.2020 LLDV" EDID into 10 fixed it.
Please post the config file when you have issues so we can look at it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Please post the config file when you have issues so we can look at it.
No issues at startup the last couple days with LINK POWERSAVE disabled, so I'm just going to leave it like that. I've got a small fan on top of the RX unit to keep it cool.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hello All - I am interested in using this solution. for my living room setup. I have my Apple TV 4K, Strato and Bluesound Vault in my equipment closet. I will run Apple TV and Strato HDMI out to TX In and use Cat6A output from TX to RX that will be where my LG OLED TV will be. From RX out I will feed one HDMI to my TV and one to my Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar. I will also take two Cat6 cable from RX and feed one to my TV And one to Soundbar to gain network capability for inbuilt applications and firmware updates.

Is this the correct usage for this system?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hello All - I am interested in using this solution. for my living room setup. I have my Apple TV 4K, Strato and Bluesound Vault in my equipment closet. I will run Apple TV and Strato HDMI out to TX In and use Cat6A output from TX to RX that will be where my LG OLED TV will be. From RX out I will feed one HDMI to my TV and one to my Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar. I will also take two Cat6 cable from RX and feed one to my TV And one to Soundbar to gain network capability for inbuilt applications and firmware updates.

Is this the correct usage for this system?
As long as the soundbar has hdmi inputs yes it should work fine. As the maestro does nor output ARC or eARC but just hdmi audio for a regular input on an AVR/Soundbar.

·
Registered
470 Posts
As long as the soundbar has hdmi inputs yes it should work fine. As the maestro does nor output ARC or eARC but just hdmi audio for a regular input on an AVR/Soundbar.
As I will use a dedicated Apple TV, I do not see a need for using apps built into TV that will necessitate the need for ARC or eARC. Please correct me if I still need that.

Cheers

Raj

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can just revert firmware back to previous version that was working well for you (at least for TX, RX you can keep current/latest one).
I think i have a 0.61 version that will work as you want, will try to find it and send you by PM.
It seems this option to not refresh was behind some wake up issue of avr at TX input or RX output, that's why it was removed.
Dear Support,

I got the latest special version from your support and I again those issues:

With 0.47 and 0.60, if you send the INPUT command twice over Telnet, no resynchronization is forced, with the latest version I always get a re-sync.

The problem is that in this case I cannot send commands to my Sony VW760, because the re-synchronization via Crestron

Is there a setting, to get the old behavior back? Can you please introduce an option?

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
Dear Support,

I got the latest special version from your support and I again those issues:

With 0.47 and 0.60, if you send the INPUT command twice over Telnet, no resynchronization is forced, with the latest version I always get a re-sync.

The problem is that in this case I cannot send commands to my Sony VW760, because the re-synchronization via Crestron

Is there a setting, to get the old behavior back? Can you please introduce an option?
Hi,
There are 2 variations for each firmware, so we first need to make sure you are on the right ones, can you pleas send me a PM and i'll give you link to both, thanx.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So as a new owner am having a couple of things that I would like a hand with please. Have had a look through the manual and a general search.

So my setup is an LG CX TV with an older Yamaha RX-A3010 amp. Main 4K connections are Sky Q, Apple 4K TV and a Vero 4K+ box

The LG is in my lounge with my Amp in the garage. TV connected to the two TX0 and TX1 on the receiver so I can have two different profiles (or at least that is my theory). I am not using ARC but have SPDIF from the CX into the Maestro RX, then SPdif out to. Using a Pronto remote to control it.

EDID of the TV is coming back as

LG TV SSCR: 4K60 444 DV BT2020

All is working well apart from

The first issue is sound routing, ideally, want anything from any of the sources to be output to the receiver audio output so am covered for DTS and HD Audio. Anything from builtin\tuner the TV was to be originally routed to Spdif output but HDMI would also work (would just reconfigure amp\pronto). However, I find that I need to switch Maestro and Maestro RX under SPDIF/ARC Audio Routing to allow this to happen. If I have it on Maestro then I can get all the audio from the sources including HD Audio but not from the TV Apps, I also mute the audio output on TX0 and TX1 Audio to prevent the TV from moaning about DTS or HD Audio been unsupported. The other way round then anything that the TV can decode is fine but not DTS or HD Audio.

Any other way of setting it up or is there a Pronto code for setting it one way or the other, as I can't see to see an obvious one in the list. That way I could just change it on the remote.

The second issue is around Apple 4K TV and Dolby Vision if try and set it at 50 or 60Hz then I get a black screen on the TV though it the DV logo does come up. Is this because of the TV reporting its EDID as above and that would generate a greater than 18Gbps signal as per this page

Cables work correctly and the Apple 4K TV connects when locally at 50 and 60Hz correctly using the same cables.

Do I need to edit the Dolby Vision Parameters to keep at 4:2:2 or below?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
338 Posts
So as a new owner am having a couple of things that I would like a hand with please. Have had a look through the manual and a general search.

So my setup is an LG CX TV with an older Yamaha RX-A3010 amp. Main 4K connections are Sky Q, Apple 4K TV and a Vero 4K+ box

The LG is in my lounge with my Amp in the garage. TV connected to the two TX0 and TX1 on the receiver so I can have two different profiles (or at least that is my theory). I am not using ARC but have SPDIF from the CX into the Maestro RX, then SPdif out to. Using a Pronto remote to control it.

EDID of the TV is coming back as

LG TV SSCR: 4K60 444 DV BT2020

All is working well apart from

The first issue is sound routing, ideally, want anything from any of the sources to be output to the receiver audio output so am covered for DTS and HD Audio. Anything from builtin\tuner the TV was to be originally routed to Spdif output but HDMI would also work (would just reconfigure amp\pronto). However, I find that I need to switch Maestro and Maestro RX under SPDIF/ARC Audio Routing to allow this to happen. If I have it on Maestro then I can get all the audio from the sources including HD Audio but not from the TV Apps, I also mute the audio output on TX0 and TX1 Audio to prevent the TV from moaning about DTS or HD Audio been unsupported. The other way round then anything that the TV can decode is fine but not DTS or HD Audio.

Any other way of setting it up or is there a Pronto code for setting it one way or the other, as I can't see to see an obvious one in the list. That way I could just change it on the remote.

The second issue is around Apple 4K TV and Dolby Vision if try and set it at 50 or 60Hz then I get a black screen on the TV though it the DV logo does come up. Is this because of the TV reporting its EDID as above and that would generate a greater than 18Gbps signal as per this page

Cables work correctly and the Apple 4K TV connects when locally at 50 and 60Hz correctly using the same cables.

Do I need to edit the Dolby Vision Parameters to keep at 4:2:2 or below?

Thanks for any help
You are being helped on discord. We will continue help there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi all... read many pages and think i have this correct, but want to run it by one more time as i'm a bit confused about the Arc / eArc replies on some of the threads.

Quick version is I moved into a house that has already run Cat5e to the wall mounted TV... back to a small closet - should be well within 40m. Current setup is a 1080p 75" Samsung with an extender that was working fine until recently. I replaced it with a 4k compatible j-tech from amazon several months ago ... and all is good.

Issue now is that i want to finally upgrade to a higher-end 4k TV. To add to this... just realized that the Marantz SR7008 i have will not support 4K passthrough, with HDCP 2.2 copyright protection.

I think there are two key scenarios this device solves:
  1. Watching Tivo or Xbox as source: Maestro switches between each depending on which is being watched. Video sent directly to TV, Audio to receiver (at single source input)?
  2. Watching TV webOS app (e.g. Netflix): Video plays from TV as source, Audio sent back to MaestroTX via LAN, then to receiver?
It looks like this will allow me to have multiple sources at the receiver end as well, that could be in 4k, PLUS use the 4k apps on the TV OS?

So setup would look like this (I think):

Tivo box – Maestro TX (HDMI)
Xbox – Maestro TX (HDMI)

MaestroTX – Marantz receiver (in ARC HDMI ?) – IF the MaestroTX is also a switchbox, what input/source to I use on the receiver?

MaestroTX – MaestroRX (Cat/LAN Cable)

MaestroRX – 4k Television (ARC HDMI Input)

Do I have that close to right? And what's the eArc issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi all... read many pages and think i have this correct, but want to run it by one more time as i'm a bit confused about the Arc / eArc replies on some of the threads.

Quick version is I moved into a house that has already run Cat5e to the wall mounted TV... back to a small closet - should be well within 40m. Current setup is a 1080p 75" Samsung with an extender that was working fine until recently. I replaced it with a 4k compatible j-tech from amazon several months ago ... and all is good.

Issue now is that i want to finally upgrade to a higher-end 4k TV. To add to this... just realized that the Marantz SR7008 i have will not support 4K passthrough, with HDCP 2.2 copyright protection.

1. Watching Tivo or Xbox as source: Maestro switches between each depending on which is being watched. Video sent directly to TV, Audio to receiver (at single source input)?
  2. Watching TV webOS app (e.g. Netflix): Video plays from TV as source, Audio sent back to MaestroTX via LAN, then to receiver?
It looks like this will allow me to have multiple sources at the receiver end as well, that could be in 4k, PLUS use the 4k apps on the TV OS?

Xbox – Maestro TX (HDMI)

MaestroTX – Marantz receiver (in ARC HDMI ?) – IF the MaestroTX is also a switchbox, what input/source to I use on the receiver?

Thanks!
We are helping you via email.

·
Registered
338 Posts

Xbox – Maestro TX (HDMI)

Thanks!

Xbox – Maestro TX (HDMI)

Thanks!
I am unsure what you mean with eARC issue.
Please explain what you mean.
Also the older marantz should be hookedup up to the dedicated hdmi audio output of the maestro as per page 8.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just finished reading the whole thread and was wondering if there was any plans to have new HDFURY with the 48GBPS input/output?

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,787 Posts
New 48 gbps devices will not be available until later in 2021. After the chipsets have matured and there are no issues.
Are there HDBase-T chipsets on the horizon or will other options, such as fiber, be needed for 48 gbps solutions that are equivalent to the Maestro?

761 - 780 of 786 Posts