AVS Forum banner

781 - 786 of 786 Posts

·
aka jfinnie
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #781
I don't think Valens have even got their true 18G VS3000 series out in the market yet. I would bet on 48G over single copper HDBT happening... never (or the tech equivalent)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Are there HDBase-T chipsets on the horizon or will other options, such as fiber, be needed for 48 gbps solutions that are equivalent to the Maestro?
Good question because 10Gig is the limit on CAT7, if so something special must happening via compression

·
aka jfinnie
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #783
Good question because 10Gig is the limit on CAT7, if so something special must happening via compression
10G symmetric but you don't need 10G in both directions, so there is some repurposing going on.
In any case though, all the HDBT solutions currently are operating apparently with only a 10G transport from HDBT with usually VESA DSC compression. However HDFury haven't disclosed their method for doing 18G over HDBT but I don't think it is bit perfect.

Valens VS3000 is the first chipset which will have native 18G HDMI support (it's actually only 16G of pixel data, as 18G HDMI has quite a lot of coding overhead). But as I say, not on market yet as far as I know.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, it took almost a year! But finally I have a LG C9, Epson 5050 UBe and Samsung Q6590R, all hooked up to a Tivo, Fire TV and ChromeCast...via HD Fury stuff...and happily mixing LLDV and HDR...at 422 12b

Here's the layout:

Family Room:
Fire TV, ChromeCast, TiVo -----> MAESTRO TX
MAESTRO TX0 --> LG C9 HDMI2 (EARC),
MAESTRO AUDIOOUT ---> PIONEER LX704 RECEIVER
MAESTRO TX1:HDBT ---> BASEMENT
PIONEER LX704 RECEIVER --> LG C9 (HDMI 1) ** for settings menu of receiver...**

LG C9 Happily Receives 4K59.933 422 12b HDR and LLDV from all sources.
Tip: When I first wired the C9 through the LX704, I could only get 420 on the C9 no matter what settings I tried.

Basement:
MAESTRO RX ----> Sony STR DN-1080
Sony STR-DN-1080 --> 30ft RUIPro Fiber HDMI to Porch.

Tip: Originally, I used an ATech HDBaseT, supposedly 18Mbps sender via Cat 7. It worked but (a) Resolution was limited to 300Mhz or less.
Tip: The RX is set to: "Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV (for ATV only)"

Porch:
Fiber HDMI from Basement to VERTEX 2.
Vertex 2 TX0 ---> Samsung Q6590R
Vertex 2 TX1 ---> Epson 5050Ube

Samsung and Epson both happily receive 4K59.933 422 ....12b HDR (LLDV is converted to HDR by the MAESTRO RX in the basement).

I struggled with so many problems getting this to work...the main tricks were using a good quality fiber HDMI cable (30ft) and bypassing the Pioneer Receiver.

Hope it helps others!

s.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Got a question for you guys. In the CEC packets, does it contain a value for the current volume?
When we bypass our receivers, we lose the onscreen overlay of the receiver. Most TV's will overlay a Volume Up and Volume Down graphic -- but not the value.
Since you have built the OSD capability, if that data were available, would be an awesome feature to place an OSD of volume level whenever CEC volume command is received.

Cheers.

s.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Got a question for you guys. In the CEC packets, does it contain a value for the current volume?
When we bypass our receivers, we lose the onscreen overlay of the receiver. Most TV's will overlay a Volume Up and Volume Down graphic -- but not the value.
Since you have built the OSD capability, if that data were available, would be an awesome feature to place an OSD of volume level whenever CEC volume command is received.

Cheers.

s.
Thanx for the suggestion, well noted.

781 - 786 of 786 Posts