AVS Forum banner
801 - 820 of 834 Posts

· Registered
466 Posts
Post a link to the exact Classe unit you have so we can review specs.
As well as a new config file while sending multichannel lpcm so we can review.

I also want you to try using the spdif output to the classe when the hdmi audio out has no audio.
This will see if the classes sees any audio from the spdif output.
Please test this and report back.
I’m traveling right now, but will get you the info in a couple of days. The Classe is a CT-SSP (same as SSP-800).

Reactions: hdfuryhelp

· Registered
66 Posts
I have my LG E9 OLED TV (full Dolby Vision supported) connected to the TX unit and a Sony X900E LED TV (only HDR10 supported) connected to the RX unit. Is there a way to have the LG display full Dolby Vision and for the Sony to display LLDV at the same time while watching Netflix on the Nvidia Shield?

· Registered
1,529 Posts
I have my LG E9 OLED TV (full Dolby Vision supported) connected to the TX unit and a Sony X900E LED TV (only HDR10 supported) connected to the RX unit. Is there a way to have the LG display full Dolby Vision and for the Sony to display LLDV at the same time while watching Netflix on the Nvidia Shield?
No this is not possible. The source can only send LLDV or Dolby vision.
It cannot send both at the same time.

· Registered
37 Posts
Im not sure which product I need— any help would be so appreciated. Looking at the maestro central. My setup will be—
xbox connected to — maestro
shield connected—- maestro
htpc— maestro
cable tv— maestro

maestro connected to sonos arc connected to sony a80j

i need the maestro to pass/ decode ( not sure) dtsx and dts as the sonos doesnt support or looking for a workaround

· Registered
7,906 Posts
Im not sure which product I need— any help would be so appreciated. Looking at the maestro central. My setup will be—
xbox connected to — maestro
shield connected—- maestro
htpc— maestro
cable tv— maestro

maestro connected to sonos arc connected to sony a80j

i need the maestro to pass/ decode ( not sure) dtsx and dts as the sonos doesnt support or looking for a workaround
If you have SONOS Arc, then in all cases, you will need ARCANA, no other device in the world can send full audio to SONOS Arc apart from ARCANA and eARC TV.
Also, none of our device DECODE or MANIPULATE ANY AUDIO.
We pass thru any audio format in existence today UNTOUCHED.

· Registered
8 Posts
What is everyone here's experience with connecting an AVR to the input of the TX and extending the signal remotely to an RX unit attached to a TV and speakers hardwired to the AVR? I am experiencing dropouts of content after a period of the system being in standby where there is no content being passed until I hard power cycle the TX (and the RX by proxy). During this "outage" I am able to reach the webgui of the maestros so they don't appear to be crashed.

I have tried repeatedly to raise this issue over at the HDFury discord but the company reps there blame my router without giving any explanation. Given the fact that the networking is the only currently stable thing about the Maestro, I don't understand how it could be due to a router. When I pointed this out to the rep, he requested I refrain from using the AVR as input into the maestro.

Given that this seriously gimps the OSD of the AVR, has anyone else experienced this? Is this really the only way to have a stable HDfury experience?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,529 Posts
What is everyone here's experience with connecting an AVR to the input of the TX and extending the signal remotely to an RX unit attached to a TV and speakers hardwired to the AVR? I am experiencing dropouts of content after a period of the system being in standby where there is no content being passed until I hard power cycle the TX (and the RX by proxy). During this "outage" I am able to reach the webgui of the maestros so they don't appear to be crashed.

I have tried repeatedly to raise this issue over at the HDFury discord but the company reps there blame my router without giving any explanation. Given the fact that the networking is the only currently stable thing about the Maestro, I don't understand how it could be due to a router. When I pointed this out to the rep, he requested I refrain from using the AVR as input into the maestro.

Given that this seriously gimps the OSD of the AVR, has anyone else experienced this? Is this really the only way to have a stable HDfury experience?

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried the suggestions on discord to see if it helps or not? Even if it is only for troubleshooting it is worth testing.

· Registered
8 Posts
Have you tried the suggestions on discord to see if it helps or not? Even if it is only for troubleshooting it is worth testing.
I did a whole number of them (short of ones where I would need to break down walls). When I jumped through enough hoops, they claimed that AVRs cannot be used as source which, when I pointed out is a very odd thing for an HDBaseT extender to not be able to do (and if true, they should have some info about this limitation on their website), they kicked me off of the discord. They also claimed that this was somehow related to a router issue which again doesn't make sense since the routing feature only affects the webgui. The Maestro is the LEAST supported device HDFury makes (as evidenced by the lack of firmware updates since last year).

I have found the HDFury support on Discord responsive but incredibly defensive when things don't go exactly like they plan....generally blaming all host of other company products. Very weird experience compared to other companies....it is too bad since I think they have a decent product with a lot of potential but it is unpolished with a lot of quirks.

· Oppo Beta Group
11,305 Posts
I have found the HDFury support on Discord responsive but incredibly defensive when things don't go exactly like they plan....generally blaming all host of other company products. Very weird experience compared to other companies....it is too bad since I think they have a decent product with a lot of potential but it is unpolished with a lot of quirks.
Just a tip - I believe you're chatting with the same folks from HDFury here (AVS members HDFury and hdfuryhelp both work for HDFury AFAIK).

That said, despite their efforts to help (including sending me replacement hardware), I've largely given up on my Maestro TX/RX pair at this point. I have found the RX to be very unreliable in my system (after some period of time, usually less than a couple of days, it just stops passing video and the WebGUI stops responding as well). The TX also got out of sorts for the first time a week or so back and I lost video from the local HDMI output. Rather than spend time trying to figure out what was wrong, I opted to just bypass the Maestro as I'm not actually using it for anything at this point.

· Registered
8 Posts
Just a tip - I believe you're chatting with the same folks from HDFury here (AVS members HDFury and hdfuryhelp both work for HDFury AFAIK).

That said, despite their efforts to help (including sending me replacement hardware), I've largely given up on my Maestro TX/RX pair at this point. I have found the RX to be very unreliable in my system (after some period of time, usually less than a couple of days, it just stops passing video and the WebGUI stops responding as well). The TX also got out of sorts for the first time a week or so back and I lost video from the local HDMI output. Rather than spend time trying to figure out what was wrong, I opted to just bypass the Maestro as I'm not actually using it for anything at this point.
I am somewhat gratified by your response, gsr, even though it IS a bummer.

And I am not trying to a pick a fight with the HDfury guys, either here or on discord....but I DO wish they were more interested in solving the quirks of their product rather than blaming other companies' products. I couldn't believe they banned me from their Discord. It really shows where their priorities lie. It also makes me wonder what sort of flaws they know is in the product and they would rather bury any issues publicly. But as they say in this modern world ALL information gets out....

Just curious, what was your setup using the Maestro pair?

· Oppo Beta Group
11,305 Posts
I am somewhat gratified by your response, gsr, even though it IS a bummer.

And I am not trying to a pick a fight with the HDfury guys, either here or on discord....but I DO wish they were more interested in solving the quirks of their product rather than blaming other companies' products. I couldn't believe they banned me from their Discord. It really shows where their priorities lie. It also makes me wonder what sort of flaws they know is in the product and they would rather bury any issues publicly. But as they say in this modern world ALL information gets out....

Just curious, what was your setup using the Maestro pair?
Having not seen the exchange on Discord, I'm not going to pass judgement one way or the other. Having dealt with HDFury support, I honestly believe they want to help the customer the best they can and the hard truth is that more often than not, the issue IS with the HDMI cables being used or the other devices.

But the Maestro is a more complicated device than most of their other products and therefore a lot more troublesome to support. My setup isn't exactly trivial, but here are the basics:

HTPC with 4K NVidia video card running JRiver Media Center > Maestro TX HDMI input
Maestro HDMI output > Crestron DigitalMedia HDMI matrix switch input (from here, there are outputs that go to several TV's throughout the house, but nothing that should impact the Maestro)
Maestro TX HDBase-T output > Maestro RX HDBase-T input
Maestro RX HDMI output > Marantz AV8805 HDMI input
Marantz AV8805 HDMI output > LG OLED

I've tried several different Ethernet cables (and CAT5e, CAT6, and CAT7) between the TX and RX with no change in the outcome. The setup will always work for some period of time, but the RX always becomes unresponsive and stops sending video to the AV8805. If I force the RX to reboot by disconnecting and reconnecting the HDBase-T cable, it will work again for a similar period of time. Rinse and repeat.

· Registered
72 Posts
I've tried several different Ethernet cables (and CAT5e, CAT6, and CAT7) between the TX and RX with no change in the outcome. The setup will always work for some period of time, but the RX always becomes unresponsive and stops sending video to the AV8805. If I force the RX to reboot by disconnecting and reconnecting the HDBase-T cable, it will work again for a similar period of time. Rinse and repeat.
How long is "some period of time"? I have a nightly restart scheduled using a network command ("set reboot") because I saw the RX becoming unresponsive too, but that was after a few days of use, and several firmware updates ago. They added a reboot timer in the web config too that is supposed to reboot it after x hours of inactivity, but I never could get that to work, maybe because something was always active. Like you I have a HDMI matrix switch in the mix.

· Registered
8 Posts
So clearly NOT a cable issue. And I have done a number of tests proving that it wasn't a cable issue either...then it became about my router and then it became about my Marantz AVR not being able to be used as a source. Which worked fine with my previous HDBaseT 18GBPS Atlona extenders but for some reason is beyond the capability of the Maestro. And again, I would think the company would welcome the feedback unless they are not interested in spending any internal resources on a dead-end product.

I just wish HDFury would acknowledge this behavior of the Maestro that clearly a number of people are having......

· Oppo Beta Group
11,305 Posts
How long is "some period of time"? I have a nightly restart scheduled using a network command ("set reboot") because I saw the RX becoming unresponsive too, but that was after a few days of use, and several firmware updates ago. They added a reboot timer in the web config too that is supposed to reboot it after x hours of inactivity, but I never could get that to work, maybe because something was always active. Like you I have a HDMI matrix switch in the mix.
The period of time seemed to range from maybe 12 to 48 hours. Honestly, I gave up on the RX a while ago. IIRC I couldn’t get the no activity reboot to work either. I’ve been very happy with the other HDFury products I’ve purchased, but the Maestro has, unfortunately, been a disappointment for me. HDFury had offered me a refund at one point and I probably should have accepted it. I do feel, though, that they made a genuine effort to get mine working.

· Registered
72 Posts
Maybe the RX gets to that state quicker with a matrix switch at the TX HDMI out due to the amount of handshakes seen?

I really wish there were log files that could keep track of each connection/handshake event because it took me forever to figure out an intermittent hmdi dropout issue I was having, which as it turned out was the short 6ft. cable between the RX and my projector. Since replacing that things have been very stable.

· Registered
55 Posts
I have had the same problems with my Maestro. As mentioned by others, HDFury was helpful and replaced my first Maestro which was disconnecting every other day. The second one worked better (the disconnects took longer to happen than with my first one) but still had the disconnect problems after a week or so. The way I (partially) solved the disconnect problem was to use both a timer ac plug which turn off and on the Maestro every night and I also have the reboot timer set on the Maestro configurations settings. Now, the disconnects only happen around once a month which is still annoying but I can live with. Unfortunately, even with all the help from HDFury they could not fix the problem and silently gave up. It is a pity since if the product worked without these disconnects problem it would have a much greater market response.

· Registered
8 Posts
I have had the same problems with my Maestro. As mentioned by others, HDFury was helpful and replaced my first Maestro which was disconnecting every other day. The second one worked better (the disconnects took longer to happen than with my first one) but still had the disconnect problems after a week or so. The way I (partially) solved the disconnect problem was to use both a timer ac plug which turn off and on the Maestro every night and I also have the reboot timer set on the Maestro configurations settings. Now, the disconnects only happen around once a month which is still annoying but I can live with. Unfortunately, even with all the help from HDFury they could not fix the problem and silently gave up. It is a pity since if the product worked without these disconnects problem it would have a much greater market response.
I sincerely wish the HDFury reps on this board would acknowledge this widespread problem and help us fix it. My experience with them is that they give up and blame other equipment and say (to me) I am the ONLY one having the issue. clearly not.

· Oppo Beta Group
11,305 Posts
Maybe the RX gets to that state quicker with a matrix switch at the TX HDMI out due to the amount of handshakes seen?
Perhaps, but without something like log files (as you suggested), it's only speculation. Taking the matrix switch out of the configuration pretty much isn't an option, though I could probably try it for a few days as a test. When I first purchased the Maestro, I bought it because the Crestron matrix switch couldn't handle 4K60, but now after some hardware upgrades it does (with the caveat that there's some form of compression because it's ultimately HDBase-T based). This means that the original purpose I bought the Maestro for is now handled by the Crestron switch.

I really wish there were log files that could keep track of each connection/handshake event because it took me forever to figure out an intermittent hmdi dropout issue I was having, which as it turned out was the short 6ft. cable between the RX and my projector. Since replacing that things have been very stable.
Yeah, log files could have the potential to help track down some types of issues.

Mostly, I'm disappointed because I thought the Maestro had a ton of potential as a base for a larger product line that could handle whole house distribution of multiple HDMI sources to a bunch of displays throughout the home. But a single remote HDMI output has to be pretty much 100% rock solid before trying to do multiple remote HDMI outputs. My initial thought had been that a more advanced version of the Maestro (more inputs and more HDBase-T outputs) could potentially replace my Crestron matrix switch if HDFury decided to bring such a product to market.

· Registered
72 Posts
Another thing I started doing which may help things is routing an unused input to the output that is not in use.

Since I don't need the Maestro output going to more than one zone at the same time this works for me, and I don't need to worry any HDMI handshakes that may take place for whatever reason at that unneeded output if it was in splitter mode.

801 - 820 of 834 Posts