AVS Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hmm, don't really know. I saw that post from someone who used one and got results similar to the FSI WOLED EDR. For profiling were you using contact mode for both meters, multi-pass measuring the same area of the screen, or some other method? Although you don't really want to use it for actual calibration, try using it to take grayscale measurements and see how it compares with your profiled colorimeter measurements, to see if they're consistent.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
For profiling were you using contact mode for both meters, multi-pass measuring the same area of the screen, or some other method?
Yes.

Although you don't really want to use it for actual calibration, try using it to take grayscale measurements and see how it compares with your profiled colorimeter measurements, to see if they're consistent.
I just did this and they are consistent.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you want to try a crapshoot, I could give you the FCMM matrix for my i1Pro 3-based Q90R profile.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm kinda surprised 2 Colormunkis would both be that bad. If you reset to TV defaults, Ted's disk looks more reasonable?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I'm kinda surprised 2 Colormunkis would both be that bad. If you reset to TV defaults, Ted's disk looks more reasonable?
It does. If I use CAL-Night which I have at default 100 nits it looks a lot more reasonable.

You did do the calibration procedure with the Colormunki, I assume?
Yes, Calman forces you to. This one fails quite often while doing it too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
You did do the calibration procedure with the Colormunki, I assume?
Despite the fact that there's a green tint in the greyscale. I have found the best method for HDR.

1. Use regular 10% windows with pegenerator and Calman.
2. Use pattern insertion 15%, after every pattern for 2-3 seconds
3. optimize pattern delay...it's much shorter (.25 seconds vs. 1.25 full screen sdr) because the Burn in protector kicks in fairly quickly. (I'm assuming that means you must be connected to your pgenerator via cable only)
3. If using Colorspace you can change the background color to one from complete black, which seems to delay the burn in protector from kicking in.

***Single reads vs Automatic Reads are much much more accurate.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts