AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received mine and there is no documentation in the package or on their website. I did some searches and Google comes up with no docs. I think it needs some explanation as there are several switches and buttons. There is some information on the bottom, but not a lot. Some of the buttons are self explanatory but I want to send a 4K upscaled signal to one output and straight 1080p signal to the other. Also not sure how to handle EDID and exactly what each switch position does. Can anyone point me to the docs?

Ultimately, I want to put my Darblet in between the Splitter and my Integral. On one path it goes through the Darblet at 1080p and on the other it gets upscaled by the Splitter and sent directly to the Integral. The Integral is connected directly to the PJ. Am I off base here?

Any help would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
I just received mine and there is no documentation in the package or on their website. I did some searches and Google comes up with no docs. I think it needs some explanation as there are several switches and buttons. There is some information on the bottom, but not a lot. Some of the buttons are self explanatory but I want to send a 4K upscaled signal to one output and straight 1080p signal to the other. Also not sure how to handle EDID and exactly what each switch position does. Can anyone point me to the docs?

Ultimately, I want to put my Darblet in between the Splitter and my Integral. On one path it goes through the Darblet at 1080p and on the other it gets upscaled by the Splitter and sent directly to the Integral. The Integral is connected directly to the PJ. Am I off base here?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Sorry, there is no doc for it, it should be straight forward.

If the source is capable of sending 4K30, you should go the other way around, 4K30 split by integral, one output to PJ, other to Splitter Pro that will downscale to 1080p30 for Darbee.

If source is not 4K30 capable, then your way is the way to go, but still, you could first split 1080p30 with Integral, one output to Darbee and Splitter 4K30 PRO to upscale for your PJ.

Now if you really want to hook it up as you initially mentioned and if the source cannot send 4K30 out: SOURCE > SPLITTER PRO > DARBEE > INTEGRAL (+ secondary splitter pro output to integral if i got you right)

For this, you set Integral to the custom/default middle position slide switch (4K30 by default)
Splitter pro set to UPSCALE and EDID in any position (best is to load a 1080p24 CUSTOM EDID using EDID utility of Splitter Pro, you can grab one EDID file for 1080p24 from the Integral EDID collection)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, there is no doc for it, it should be straight forward.

If the source is capable of sending 4K30, you should go the other way around, 4K30 split by integral, one output to PJ, other to Splitter Pro that will downscale to 1080p30 for Darbee.

If source is not 4K30 capable, then your way is the way to go, but still, you could first split 1080p30 with Integral, one output to Darbee and Splitter 4K30 PRO to upscale for your PJ.

Now if you really want to hook it up as you initially mentioned and if the source cannot send 4K30 out: SOURCE > SPLITTER PRO > DARBEE > INTEGRAL (+ secondary splitter pro output to integral if i got you right)

For this, you set Integral to the custom/default middle position slide switch (4K30 by default)
Splitter pro set to UPSCALE and EDID in any position (best is to load a 1080p24 CUSTOM EDID using EDID utility of Splitter Pro, you can grab one EDID file for 1080p24 from the Integral EDID collection)
Hi HDFury.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I think I'm still a little confused. The source is actually an HTPC but it goes through an older AVR that can only output 1080p. The HTPC is set to 1080p23 (23.979) since most of what I watch are movies. Also, I only have one cable going from where the electronics are to the PJ (JVC RS-57U). This is what I'm thinking you're saying. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For the non-upscaled signal path:
HTPC > AVR > Splitter PRO (HDMI Out 1) > Darbee > (Top Input) Integral (Top Output) > PJ.

For the 4K upscaled signal path:
HTPC > AVR > Splitter PRO (HDMI Out 2) > (Bottom Input) Integral (Top Output) > PJ.

So my question is, how does the Splitter PRO know not to upscale the signal when it's going to the Darbee, but send an upscaled signal on the path directly to the Integral? I don't think the Darbee provides any EDID back to the source but I might be wrong. The Darbee will let me send a 4K signal to it (I tried hooking up directly to the HTPC), but no signal shows up on the output. I've copied the EDID info from the PJ to the Integral as the custom setting.

BTW, I think your products are excellent and I'm really glad you guys are making stuff like this for us. Keep up the great work!

Dave

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Hi HDFury.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I think I'm still a little confused. The source is actually an HTPC but it goes through an older AVR that can only output 1080p. The HTPC is set to 1080p23 (23.979) since most of what I watch are movies. Also, I only have one cable going from where the electronics are to the PJ (JVC RS-57U). This is what I'm thinking you're saying. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For the non-upscaled signal path:
HTPC > AVR > Splitter PRO (HDMI Out 1) > Darbee > (Top Input) Integral (Top Output) > PJ.

For the 4K upscaled signal path:
HTPC > AVR > Splitter PRO (HDMI Out 2) > (Bottom Input) Integral (Top Output) > PJ.

So my question is, how does the Splitter PRO know not to upscale the signal when it's going to the Darbee, but send an upscaled signal on the path directly to the Integral? I don't think the Darbee provides any EDID back to the source but I might be wrong. The Darbee will let me send a 4K signal to it (I tried hooking up directly to the HTPC), but no signal shows up on the output. I've copied the EDID info from the PJ to the Integral as the custom setting.

BTW, I think your products are excellent and I'm really glad you guys are making stuff like this for us. Keep up the great work!

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your nice words, much appreciated !

As per standards, the Darbee should report an EDID to the connected source.
If that is not working then may be the splitter won't be able to work correctly, but as far as i remember some users already had similar setup with darbee inline working.
As to why the HTPC would allow to send a 4K signal to darbee, i'm not sure as i don't know enough about darbee unit, but i guess it depends if you are talking about same signal path or not (you wrote HTPC > AVR > ... and not HTPC > Darbee..)

More likely Integral is not needed in your setup, you could try:

HTPC > AVR > SPLITTER (one output to DARBEE then PJ, other output to PJ straight)

Now if Darbee is making issue with EDID like you mentioned, then this will clear it:

HTPC > AVR > INTEGRAL > (one output to splitter pro upscale to 4K30> PJ, other output to DARBEE then PJ)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your nice words, much appreciated !

As per standards, the Darbee should report an EDID to the connected source.
If that is not working then may be the splitter won't be able to work correctly, but as far as i remember some users already had similar setup with darbee inline working.
As to why the HTPC would allow to send a 4K signal to darbee, i'm not sure as i don't know enough about darbee unit, but i guess it depends if you are talking about same signal path or not (you wrote HTPC > AVR > ... and not HTPC > Darbee..)

More likely Integral is not needed in your setup, you could try:

HTPC > AVR > SPLITTER (one output to DARBEE then PJ, other output to PJ straight)

Now if Darbee is making issue with EDID like you mentioned, then this will clear it:

HTPC > AVR > INTEGRAL > (one output to splitter pro upscale to 4K30> PJ, other output to DARBEE then PJ)
Hi HDFury,

Ok, thanks. I didn't know the Darbee provided EDID info to the source. As a test, I connected it as follows:

HTPC > Darbee > PJ

Just to see what would happen. The HTPC let me change it to 4K23, but there was no image on the PJ. I figured it was being dropped as the Darbee will not pass any type of 4K. It was awhile ago so maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I'll try to connect it as you outlined in your first post and see if the Splitter gets EDID from the Darbee and sets the output as unscaled properly.

As far as your last two examples, I can't do those as I only have one cable to the PJ. Those both look like they require two cables and two different inputs on the PJ. I bought the Integral so I can combine the two different input types (4K and non-4K) into one, going to the PJ.

Thanks for all your help!

Dave

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Can I use the Splitter 4K UHD/Pro to send Video from a Media Player (Zidoo Z9S) to TV and another HDMI out to my processor for Audio only?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Can I use Splitter 4K UHD/Pro to send the video from a media player (Zidoo Z9S) to my TV and audio to my processor?

All videos are either DVD (480p) or Blu Ray/3D (1080p). TV is a 4K OLED.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Can I use Splitter 4K UHD/Pro to send the video from a media player (Zidoo Z9S) to my TV and audio to my processor?

All videos are either DVD (480p) or Blu Ray/3D (1080p). TV is a 4K OLED.
Please list the equipment you are using so I can review specs. Then I can let you know what you need.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Please list the equipment you are using so I can review specs. Then I can let you know what you need.
Good Afternoon,
I have a Zidoo (Z9S) Media Player, LG OLED65E6 (4K), and a surround processor (Emotiva XMC-1).
I have NO 4K materials. I have Blu Ray, BD 3D, and DVD only.
All I need is to pass the movies to TV and pass the audio to my processor.
Zidoo can upscale the DVDs to 4K (pass the blu ray either 1080p or 4K), but I can also upscale the 480p to 1080p/30fps. I've not been able to find a way to output 480p without up scaling through Zidoo. It does not have a "Direct Output".

BTW, what's the difference between "UHD 4K HDMI Splitter with USB" and "Splitter 4K UHD/Pro" as far as my situation is concerned?
I couldn't find any difference between them other than the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts