AVS Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 4954 Posts

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Sorry HDFury I wasn't clear enough. The issue right now is that the Denon does indeed kill LLDV. They are promising a firmware update "this summer".

You are correct that the first example you gave would work fine. But then I lose Vertex control from the AVR feed. Here is how it is setup now:

=====================Vertex============= Sony TV

AVR ------------------------> Top In Top Out ------------> HDMI 2
(Opt in) ATV4K ------> Bot In Bot Out ------------> HDMI 3

|-----------------------------------------------------------------| Optical Out (TV)

This setup allows me to monitor/use Vertex for both the AVR devices (NVShield, Roku, Sony Apps) and also provide Dolby Vision from the ATV4K. Unfortunately, at this point no Dolby Atmos from the ATV4k. The drawing is not the best - I feed Optical Out from Sony to Optical In on AVR

I did try to insert an Integral both before and after the Vertex in the ATV4K to split the video and audio. The ATV4K did allow Atmos but the video signal was unstable.

Thanks anyway

ps = Sorry about the "=" and drawing - the forum software removes spaces...

Claw gave good recommendation, you should follow it. I have to admit I have hardtime understanding the description, please next time try to make it short and easy with SOURCE > VERTEX > DISPLAY, etc...
For Integral: Always HDCP slide on 1.4 and use correct input based on 2 first digits on backside serial number (if 01 use bottom input, if 02 use top input)

1080P - will it do 720p ? ie for older PS3 Games ? and has anyone tested or know how well it works ?
Yes, but this is not the place to discuss it, someone created a X4 thread, please use it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Claw gave good recommendation, you should follow it. I have to admit I have hardtime understanding the description, please next time try to make it short and easy with SOURCE > VERTEX > DISPLAY, etc...
For Integral: Always HDCP slide on 1.4 and use correct input based on 2 first digits on backside serial number (if 01 use bottom input, if 02 use top input)

Thanks Claw and HDFury. I have made this far to complicated ;-)

The fundamental problem is my Denon x2200 AVR does not yet support Dolby Vision pass through. We are supposed to get an update "this summer" - rumored to be next month. Once that happens, the ATV4K gets plugged directly into the AVR. Then I can get both Dolby Vision and Atmos.

I will wait for the update from Denon...

·
Registered
7,142 Posts

Thanks Claw and HDFury. I have made this far to complicated ;-)

The fundamental problem is my Denon x2200 AVR does not yet support Dolby Vision pass through. We are supposed to get an update "this summer" - rumored to be next month. Once that happens, the ATV4K gets plugged directly into the AVR. Then I can get both Dolby Vision and Atmos.

I will wait for the update from Denon...

It would be nice to know if Denon doesn't work because it doesn't report the DV string to source of it doesn't work because it kills DV when passing thru, as those are 2 different issues.
You can easily determine this with Vertex, anyway, Claw recommendation or mine previously, will work for you to get Atmos sound and DV video.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fantastic product

I have the following setup: LG C7 OLED, Samsung HW-K960, Apple TV 4K

The TV doesn´t send Dolby Atmos via ARC and the soundbar doesn't passthrough Dolby Vision.

LG and Samsung are insisting towards me, that all is OK or blaming the other, so I got tired and searched the net and found the AVR Key

I've used the AVR Key to get things right, and it worked like a charm, but yes - it gets very hot, and yes - there are audio dropouts after some use, but basically it works.

Now Microsoft is announcing Dolby Vision for the Xbox later this year, so now what? Should I get another AVR Key - or.......?

NO - I went all in and bought the Vertex and returned the AVR Key, and I must say the Vertex is a brilliant product; everything works, and I now have max. video and max. audio from both ATV and Xbox thanks to HDFury.

Thanks guys for an amazing product and over-the-top customer support and frequent updates:)

Kind regards
A happy Dane

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I have the following setup: LG C7 OLED, Samsung HW-K960, Apple TV 4K

The TV doesn´t send Dolby Atmos via ARC and the soundbar doesn't passthrough Dolby Vision.

LG and Samsung are insisting towards me, that all is OK or blaming the other, so I got tired and searched the net and found the AVR Key

I've used the AVR Key to get things right, and it worked like a charm, but yes - it gets very hot, and yes - there are audio dropouts after some use, but basically it works.

Now Microsoft is announcing Dolby Vision for the Xbox later this year, so now what? Should I get another AVR Key - or.......?

NO - I went all in and bought the Vertex and returned the AVR Key, and I must say the Vertex is a brilliant product; everything works, and I now have max. video and max. audio from both ATV and Xbox thanks to HDFury.

Thanks guys for an amazing product and over-the-top customer support and frequent updates:)

Kind regards
A happy Dane
Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.

Feel free to post a review on our website if you bought your unit from HDfury.com, a few randomly picked up review author will win the next generation of hardware from us.

Reactions: DrTim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being a complete newb here, it appears the Vertex might be the solution I've been searching for although I'm a bit concerned regarding the amount of technical knowledge needed to put it into use. What I'm attempting to solve is feeding a 4K signal out of my AVR, splitting it to drive both a Sony X900F(4K) and an older Sony 36" 1080p sets. The 32" Sony is not hdcp 2.x. I'm not certain its even hdmi 1.4 since none of the spec sheets contain this info. I do need sound going to the smaller 1080p set but the 4k Sony will be use as a monitor in that all sound will be handled by the AVR. Will the Vertex do this and if so how much programing or setting up of the Vertex will I have to do in order to make it work? OR, is there a simpler solution I should consider?

AVR: Onkyo TX-SR363
Sony XBR-55X900F
Sony KDL-32XBR9

·
Registered
238 Posts
I recently ordered a Linker retail in the USA and the PSU was not included in the clam shell packaging. Is it a separate item? How is it packaged when ordered direct from LegendSky Tech Co Ltd.?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Being a complete newb here, it appears the Vertex might be the solution I've been searching for although I'm a bit concerned regarding the amount of technical knowledge needed to put it into use. What I'm attempting to solve is feeding a 4K signal out of my AVR, splitting it to drive both a Sony X900F(4K) and an older Sony 36" 1080p sets. The 32" Sony is not hdcp 2.x. I'm not certain its even hdmi 1.4 since none of the spec sheets contain this info. I do need sound going to the smaller 1080p set but the 4k Sony will be use as a monitor in that all sound will be handled by the AVR. Will the Vertex do this and if so how much programing or setting up of the Vertex will I have to do in order to make it work? OR, is there a simpler solution I should consider?

AVR: Onkyo TX-SR363
Sony XBR-55X900F
Sony KDL-32XBR9

No problem for that, AVR output to any Vertex inputs, TOP vertex output to 1080p TV, BOT Vertex output to 4K TV, scale slide on autoscaling, edid slide on custom edid, it will work out of the box. (assuming you buy it from HDfury.com or from any place that provide it with latest firmware ,otherwise, you will have firmware update to do at arrival)

I recently ordered a Linker retail in the USA and the PSU was not included in the clam shell packaging. Is it a separate item? How is it packaged when ordered direct from LegendSky Tech Co Ltd.?
Typical from reseller, they will happily sell it as separate item, so you think you save some $ purchasing from them, in reality you did not.

Yes it is separate items, as you can select what type of power supply you need and then it's packed together before shipment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been trying to get HDR and DV triggered on an LG C8 from the Vertex for a few weeks now. Oddly enough, the Integral was able to trigger HDR easily. I can't get DV to trigger on both the Integral or Vertex.

Could someone please post their HDR and DV config files or screenshots that worked with an LG C8 OLED? I'm primarily interested in triggering DV for calibration with Calman.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the Vertex but I could never get the software installed on my laptop. Going to try my wife's computer this weekend. Can someone please tell me if the Vertex can be installed in any orientation? My gear is rack mounted and I was going to mount the Vertex on the wall behind the rack so my fiber projector cable never has to move.

I bought it because I have a weird glitch with a JVC DLARS520, Anthem MRX720 and Pioneer Kuro PRO-151. Even when the JVC is powered off, the HDMI output from the Anthem to the JVC oscillates between no signal and HDMI2. This prevents the Anthem from passing a 1080P picture to the Pioneer from Apple TV. My thought is to force the Vertex top output to 1080P 60 hz always to the Pioneer and then the let the bottom output to the JVC just detect the signal. Does anyone see an issue with this? I have to admit I haven't messed with my Home Theater until I recently upgrade everything. All these sync and HDCP issues are new to me.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I've been trying to get HDR and DV triggered on an LG C8 from the Vertex for a few weeks now. Oddly enough, the Integral was able to trigger HDR easily. I can't get DV to trigger on both the Integral or Vertex.

Could someone please post their HDR and DV config files or screenshots that worked with an LG C8 OLED? I'm primarily interested in triggering DV for calibration with Calman.

You cannot trigger DV, you need a DV source for that, HDR trigger is via HDR metadata infoframe, DV is via string that are on the first pixels of the video stream, only a source can inject them. Yet there is some possible calibration mode, Dolby will release a public SDK for that around October so unless someone get their hands on this and share data you will have to wait to see if anything like that is possible without a DV source.

HDR trigger works perfectly fine on Vertex, make sure you have correct checksum and if needed make sure the avi sent is matching the content res/frame rate/color space/etc...

I have the Vertex but I could never get the software installed on my laptop. Going to try my wife's computer this weekend. Can someone please tell me if the Vertex can be installed in any orientation? My gear is rack mounted and I was going to mount the Vertex on the wall behind the rack so my fiber projector cable never has to move.

I bought it because I have a weird glitch with a JVC DLARS520, Anthem MRX720 and Pioneer Kuro PRO-151. Even when the JVC is powered off, the HDMI output from the Anthem to the JVC oscillates between no signal and HDMI2. This prevents the Anthem from passing a 1080P picture to the Pioneer from Apple TV. My thought is to force the Vertex top output to 1080P 60 hz always to the Pioneer and then the let the bottom output to the JVC just detect the signal. Does anyone see an issue with this? I have to admit I haven't messed with my Home Theater until I recently upgrade everything. All these sync and HDCP issues are new to me.

Any orientation is ok.

Your issue more likely comes from the fact that your fiber optic is active cable, does it come with its own power supply on both ends or not ? how long is it ?

You might have to use Vertex with a 5.25V PSU such as our universal power supply to drive such cable.

best setup would be: SOURCES > AVR > VERTEX > Kuro top out / JVC bot out

For running windows GUI utility, make sure you FIRST installed the right silabs driver, reboot pc, connect Vertex, wait for usb notification sound (first connection after driver install always take longer), then run utility software.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Gui 1.32

There was an issue settings up CEC devices type with previous GUI so we repacked 1.32.1.34 with a new GUI 1.32
It is available now.

Other update is planned in next days for DV detection and others. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Any orientation is ok.

Your issue more likely comes from the fact that your fiber optic is active cable, does it come with its own power supply on both ends or not ? how long is it ?

You might have to use Vertex with a 5.25V PSU such as our universal power supply to drive such cable.

best setup would be: SOURCES > AVR > VERTEX > Kuro top out / JVC bot out

For running windows GUI utility, make sure you FIRST installed the right silabs driver, reboot pc, connect Vertex, wait for usb notification sound (first connection after driver install always take longer), then run utility software.

The fiber cable does have circuitry in it to convert HDMI to light. It is 50 feet long to my projector. With either HDMI unplugged from the Anthem, both displays work fine. With the Pioneer unplugged, my Oppo 203 easily passes a 4k signal to the JVC through the Anthem. It is when the JVC is off, somehow the RUIPRO Fiber keeps trying to connect with JVC and this prevents the Pioneer from doing the handshake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No problem for that, AVR output to any Vertex inputs, TOP vertex output to 1080p TV, BOT Vertex output to 4K TV, scale slide on autoscaling, edid slide on custom edid, it will work out of the box. (assuming you buy it from HDfury.com or from any place that provide it with latest firmware ,otherwise, you will have firmware update to do at arrival)
Assuming here the 'autoscaling & edid slide' are in reference to software that runs on Windows. Correct? We are MAC here with no windows available, can the setup be done via MAC iphone app and the GoBlue?

·
Registered
96 Posts
AVR Key or Vertex?

I have a Sony 75x940E that has only 2 HDMI inputs that offer full bandwidth for Dolby Vision (HDMI 2 & 3). I have an Onkyo 3030 that does not pass the latest 4K video. I am trying to hook up my OPPO 203 and Apple 4K TV and be able to use their full video capabilities, especially Dolby Vision. So, right now I have the OPPO 203 hooked directly to the Sony HDMI 2 which allows Dolby Vision. The Sony HDMI 3 (ARC) I have connected to my Onkyo 3030 main out (ARC) so I have full audio return when using any input from the Sony. Now the Apple 4K Tv I have connected to the Sony HDMI 1 input which does not allow full HDR or Dolby Vision.

So my question is would I need the AVR Key or the Vertex to be able to hook up my Apple 4k TV and be able to use full HDR and Dolby Vision? How would the connection or hook up go so that I can still use the ARC function between the Sony Tv and Onkyo receiver?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Assuming here the 'autoscaling & edid slide' are in reference to software that runs on Windows. Correct? We are MAC here with no windows available, can the setup be done via MAC iphone app and the GoBlue?

No, "SLIDE" terms refer to SLIDE SWITCH, which are PHYSICAL buttons available on the unit, so you don't need any Windows to setup EDID slide or SCALE slide
You can run iOS with GoBlue and you can also do change with IR or with RS232 control from MAC.

I have a Sony 75x940E that has only 2 HDMI inputs that offer full bandwidth for Dolby Vision (HDMI 2 & 3). I have an Onkyo 3030 that does not pass the latest 4K video. I am trying to hook up my OPPO 203 and Apple 4K TV and be able to use their full video capabilities, especially Dolby Vision. So, right now I have the OPPO 203 hooked directly to the Sony HDMI 2 which allows Dolby Vision. The Sony HDMI 3 (ARC) I have connected to my Onkyo 3030 main out (ARC) so I have full audio return when using any input from the Sony. Now the Apple 4K Tv I have connected to the Sony HDMI 1 input which does not allow full HDR or Dolby Vision.

So my question is would I need the AVR Key or the Vertex to be able to hook up my Apple 4k TV and be able to use full HDR and Dolby Vision? How would the connection or hook up go so that I can still use the ARC function between the Sony Tv and Onkyo receiver?

AVR-Key only one input, so for two sources you need to add switcher upfront or have 2 AVR-Key, so Vertex seems more suitable for both sources.

Setup is easy:

SOURCES > VERTEX INPUTS and then Vertex Outputs: TOP OUT TO AVR and BOT OUT TO TV HDMI2 (and TV ARC HDMI3 to AVR)

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
The fiber cable does have circuitry in it to convert HDMI to light. It is 50 feet long to my projector. With either HDMI unplugged from the Anthem, both displays work fine. With the Pioneer unplugged, my Oppo 203 easily passes a 4k signal to the JVC through the Anthem. It is when the JVC is off, somehow the RUIPRO Fiber keeps trying to connect with JVC and this prevents the Pioneer from doing the handshake.
Vertex will solve the issue, but you first need to add 5.25V PSU if your fiber is not powered on both ends.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok, thank you for your help, I’ll be buying the Vertex then. Any advantage to buying from your HDfury website directly vs Monoprice or Beach Camera? They offer free shipping no tax etc, but I will buy direct from you if recommended.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Do somebody had this failure: few times during the moovie, AVR loosing signal for a fraction of second (if you play same moment again, there are no problem)? Can it be Vertex related problem?

·
Registered
182 Posts
There was an issue settings up CEC devices type with previous GUI so we repacked 1.32.1.34 with a new GUI 1.32
It is available now.

Other update is planned in next days for DV detection and others. Stay tuned.

Hi might sound like a silly question but I have 1.32.1.34 firmware with GUI 1.31. Do I need to update firmware with firmware files that came with GUI 1.32 package or just load new GUI with current firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3001 - 3020 of 4954 Posts