AVS Forum banner

4661 - 4680 of 4955 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Port0 and Port1 allow you to select different EDID for each port, the selection is made from the same original list of 100 EDID banks (10 first custom banks can be overwritten by users)
So if you upload a custom EDID for slot 9 for ex, then you can assign that edid to either port0 or port1 or both, as you prefer.
I do understand that, although it's strange that Port0 and Port1 use slightly different descriptions for the same slot (see Slot 8 as an example)

What is not clear to me, is when the GUI shows (as an example) Slot 7 for Port 0 and Slot 8 for Port 1, and I select "Load from File", does that get loaded into Slot 7, 8, or both.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
I do understand that, although it's strange that Port0 and Port1 use slightly different descriptions for the same slot (see Slot 8 as an example)

What is not clear to me, is when the GUI shows (as an example) Slot 7 for Port 0 and Slot 8 for Port 1, and I select "Load from File", does that get loaded into Slot 7, 8, or both.
Ok I missed your question fully then ;)

the slight difference in descriptions "Custom Default EDID 8" and "Custom EDID 8" is a typo from us, will be corrected on next update.

About your question, that I finally understand now, sorry for that ... PORT 0 selector is the one that have the lead for EDID upload.

Reactions: Dominic Chan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys lots to read through. Wondering if this now supports allm and vrr (Samsung Q9FN) for xbox one x plugged in through an atmos avr or sound bar?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Hey guys lots to read through. Wondering if this now supports allm and vrr (Samsung Q9FN) for xbox one x plugged in through an atmos avr or sound bar?

Thanks
ALLM supported by all our devices.

VRR > no device in the middle can support it currently. (except for X1X VRR 1080p120 which strangely send 1080p120 fixed without any variations)

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Yeah tried the usb hub and it didnt work, not sure what else to do :(
That is a first then, can you give the exact brand/model of your computer please.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks

VRR > no device in the middle can support it currently. (except for X1X VRR 1080p120 which strangely send 1080p120 fixed without any variations)
By chance is there anything in the works that will enable vrr in future?

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
By chance is there anything in the works that will enable vrr in future?

We have done it in lab but not yet enough requests to make a production, if that does not change, then the first solution for this will be end of 2020 with HDMI2.1

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks

Is the integral 2 the cheapest device I could get for this purpose? 4k 60hz 4:2:2 10 bit, ALLM and ATMOS passthrough?

Pretty much plug and play? Other than the screen the integral 2 and vertex have the same functionality?

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks

Is the integral 2 the cheapest device I could get for this purpose? 4k 60hz 4:2:2 10 bit, ALLM and ATMOS passthrough?

Pretty much plug and play? Other than the screen the integral 2 and vertex have the same functionality?
Sorry meant atmos to ARC.

Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
We have done it in lab but not yet enough requests to make a production, if that does not change, then the first solution for this will be end of 2020 with HDMI2.1
Make an avr key gamer edition that can support at least 4k @60 hz,1440p @120 hz, 1080p @120hz, vrr and Allm. Give it a good price and it will sell. You got my vote.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,198 Posts

Thanks
XBox to integral 2 than split one to tv input and the other to ARC input on tv.

Thanks

What you want to do with ARC is not clear, please try to elaborate a bit.
In all cases, if your AVR or soundsystem does not support DD+ via optical IN, then Integral2 cannot help here, you need Vertex2/Maestro or Diva to extract any ARC/eARC and forward to any AVR INPUT.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Make an avr key gamer edition that can support at least 4k @60 hz,1440p @120 hz, 1080p @120hz, vrr and Allm. Give it a good price and it will sell. You got my vote.

All that already supported except VRR for which there is no solution until HDMI 2.1 that will be end of 2020 only.

Reactions: Viscious82

·
Registered
364 Posts
All that already supported except VRR for which there is no solution until HDMI 2.1 that will be end of 2020 only.
Vrr is the big one. Would a 2.1 device be backwards compatible with tv's that support vrr via hdmi 2.0?

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Vrr is the big one. Would a 2.1 device be backwards compatible with tv's that support vrr via hdmi 2.0?

Yes it should be.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks
XBox to integral 2 than split one to tv input and the other to ARC input on tv.

Thanks

What you want to do with ARC is not clear, please try to elaborate a bit.
In all cases, if your AVR or soundsystem does not support DD+ via optical IN, then Integral2 cannot help here, you need Vertex2/Maestro or Diva to extract any ARC/eARC and forward to any AVR INPUT.
Hardware - Samsung Q9FN TV, Vizio Atmos Sound Bar and Xbox One X.

HDMI from Xbox One X to your device either Integral 2 or Vertex 4K.

Two hdmi out from your device (Integral 2 or Vertex 4K), one to Vizio Atmos Sound Bar for Atmos sound (Vizio Sound Bar will be connected to tv via ARC) and the other to the Q9FN TV hdmi in for video.

Will this support:

Video - 4k 60hz 10 bit and ALLM but not VRR on video to the Q9FN?

Audio - Atmos sound from the Xbox One X?

Can I use either the Integral 2 or do I need the Vertex 4K?

Is this plug and play?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,198 Posts

Two hdmi out from your device (Integral 2 or Vertex 4K), one to Vizio Atmos Sound Bar for Atmos sound (Vizio Sound Bar will be connected to tv via ARC) and the other to the Q9FN TV hdmi in for video.

Will this support:

Is this plug and play?

Thanks

Yes so sound bar get ARC from TV directly, so above ARC question is unrelated to our device here.

In this case, yes that will work and plug'n play but only if you order from HDfury.com, if you order from any other place, you will more likely need to update firmware at arrival.
Also plug'n play here is assuming that the soundbar does not stupidly copy TV EDID and present capabilities at input that exceed what it can handle.

Soundbar to TOP OUT
TV to BOTTOM OUT

SCALE SLIDE on AUTOSCALING
EDID SLIDE on AUTOMIX or CUSTOM

·
Registered
11 Posts

Will this support:

Is this plug and play?

Thanks

Yes so sound bar get ARC from TV directly, so above ARC question is unrelated to our device here.

In this case, yes that will work and plug'n play but only if you order from HDfury.com, if you order from any other place, you will more likely need to update firmware at arrival.
Also plug'n play here is assuming that the soundbar does not stupidly copy TV EDID and present capabilities at input that exceed what it can handle.

Soundbar to TOP OUT
TV to BOTTOM OUT

Can I do this with the Integral 2 or do I need the Vertex 4K?

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts

Will this support:

Is this plug and play?

Thanks

Soundbar to TOP OUT
TV to BOTTOM OUT

I think this was a question for XBox audio to the soundbar, not just TV Arc audio. I think most TVs either don't support ARC audio for HDMI input signals or the audio is limited to stereo.

I you split the XBox output with the HDfury device, you need to make sure your soundbar supports the type of video signal that the XBox outputs. The Vertex and Integral2 do not have audio-only HDMI outputs. In most cases, you can have the Vertex downscale the video input to some format that your soundbar can accept while preserving the audio.

If you want a device that has a true audio-only output, the Vertex2 has that.

I assume your soundbar can accept the Atmos sound format output from the XBox. I believe it to be Dolby MAT Atmos like the Apple TV outputs, but I could be mistaken.

4661 - 4680 of 4955 Posts