AVS Forum banner

5001 - 5016 of 5016 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
I have the Vertex 1 running between an Apple TV and a projector. I would like to add the Sonos Arc (to utilise the atmos feature) into the chain and was told that I will require the arcana due to the earc functionality. I cannot see how this is a requirement with a projector setup when one output would send out atmos to the Sonos Arc and the second output would send the picture to the projector?
Have I missed something? If not, is it in matrix mode, splitter mode etc?
Please help
Fonz

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Hi
I have the Vertex 1 running between an Apple TV and a projector. I would like to add the Sonos Arc (to utilise the atmos feature) into the chain and was told that I will require the arcana due to the earc functionality. I cannot see how this is a requirement with a projector setup when one output would send out atmos to the Sonos Arc and the second output would send the picture to the projector?
Have I missed something? If not, is it in matrix mode, splitter mode etc?
Please help
Fonz
May be just read the FAQ section of Arcana product page on HDfury.com

Quick summary: SONOS Arc have HDMI OUTPUT (eARC input) so nothing else than eARC TV with TV HDMI INPUT (eARC OUTPUT) or ARCANA (eARC OUTPUT/HDMI INPUT) can send full audio to it.

Basically just understand that you need a TV HDMI INPUT (eARC output) to send full audio to SONOS Arc that have a HDMI OUTPUT (eARC INPUT) then you should understand why Arcana is mandatory.

IF SONOS Arc had a HDMI INPUT, then you could feed Vertex1 HDMI OUTPUT direclty to SONOS Arc HDMI INPUT, unfortunately, SONOS Arc only have a HDMI output (eARC INPUT) that is made to work with TV HDMI INPUT (eARC OUTPUT) so you need to convert Vertex1 HDMI OUTPUT into a HDMI INPUT (eARC OUTPUT) and nothing else in the world except than eARC TV or ARCANA can do that.

Arcana is another world 1st from our dev team.

·
Registered
21 Posts
May be just read the FAQ section of Arcana product page on HDfury.com

Quick summary: SONOS Arc have HDMI OUTPUT (eARC input) so nothing else than eARC TV with TV HDMI INPUT (eARC OUTPUT) or ARCANA (eARC OUTPUT/HDMI INPUT) can send full audio to it.

Basically just understand that you need a TV HDMI INPUT (eARC output) to send full audio to SONOS Arc that have a HDMI OUTPUT (eARC INPUT) then you should understand why Arcana is mandatory.

IF SONOS Arc had a HDMI INPUT, then you could feed Vertex1 HDMI OUTPUT direclty to SONOS Arc HDMI INPUT, unfortunately, SONOS Arc only have a HDMI output (eARC INPUT) that is made to work with TV HDMI INPUT (eARC OUTPUT) so you need to convert Vertex1 HDMI OUTPUT into a HDMI INPUT (eARC OUTPUT) and nothing else in the world except than eARC TV or ARCANA can do that.

Arcana is another world 1st from our dev team.
Apologies...I wasn’t understanding that the Sonos was OUTPUT only and no INPUT.
Thank you

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Ok the arcana is on back order. In the meantime can I at least achieve 5.1 with the vertex and Apple TV and Sonos Arc?
Only a TV with ARC or eARC or ARCANA can send any sound to SONOS Arc, so you can use Vertex with your sources and your TV, but SONOS Arc must be connected to your TV ARC input as long as you do not have Arcana.

I think i wrote it already but to make it clear: NOTHING ELSE than a TV with ARC or eARC or ARCANA can send any sound to SONOS Arc, If any others devices could do it, there would be no purpose of making Arcana.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good day community,

I'm using a HDFury Vertex and I would appreciate if some of you can give me the right instruction/setting for following setup, since I'm nota have it optimized:

I've a Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) with HDCP 2.2, a Denon AVR-4520 with HDCP 1.4 and an German HighEnd 4K OLED TV supporting HDCP 2.2. Now the situation - I like to have a lossless Audio/Video HDCP 2.2 signal passthrough from my Nvidia Shield no scaling at all by the HDFury Vortex to my TV and at the same time a lossless Audio signal passthrough (Audio split) to my Denon AVR converted to HDCP1.4, since my AVR does not support HDCP 2.2.

Following connectivity on my HDFury Vertex:
HDFury Vertex input 0: Nvidia Shield TV pro (2019) with HDCP 2.2
HDFury Vertex input 1: no input
HDFury Vertex output 0: 4K TV with HDCP 2.2
HDFury Vertes output 1: Denon AVR 4520 with HDCP 1.4

Hope you can help me!

Thanks
Bony CB

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Dood day community,

I'm using a HDFury Vertex and I would appreciate if some of you can give me the right instruction/setting for following setup, since I'm nota have it optimized:

I've a Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) with HDCP 2.2, a Denon AVR-4520 with HDCP 1.4 and an German HighEnd 4K OLED TV supporting HDCP 2.2. Now the situation - I like to have a lossless Audio/Video HDCP 2.2 signal passthrough from my Nvidia Shield no scaling at all by the HDFury Vortex to my TV and at the same time a lossless Audio signal passthrough (Audio split) to my Denon AVR converted to HDCP1.4, since my AVR does not support HDCP 2.2.

Following connectivity on my HDFury Vertex:
HDFury Vertex input 0: Nvidia Shield TV pro (2019) with HDCP 2.2
HDFury Vertex input 1: no input
HDFury Vertex output 0: 4K TV with HDCP 2.2
HDFury Vertes output 1: Denon AVR 4520 with HDCP 1.4

Hope you can help me!

Thanks
Bony CB
Yes so make sure EDID slide is on AUTOMIX, SCALE slide is on AUTOSCALING and if you have any problem, export config when you are trying with everything up and connected (as per usermanual p43) and add it as attachement.

If you want real time/live support, join our discord support server: Join the HDfury Discord Server!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the swift reply!

ok - I will do the setting as you described!

But I don't want the the HDFury Vertex to do any scaling on "output 0" - I want here an lossless passthrough. What does "autoscaling" mean? I set the SCALE slide to "no scaling/passthrough" but with this setting I've an HDCP 2.2 signal also on "output 1, but on "output 1" I need HDCP 1.4.
I like to understand its the function.

What about the HDCP slide - I have it on HDCP 2.2. That should be ok, right?
And I set the HDFury Vertex Matrix Mode on "splitter mode". I hope this is also fine!

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes so make sure EDID slide is on AUTOMIX, SCALE slide is on AUTOSCALING and if you have any problem, export config when you are trying with everything up and connected (as per usermanual p43) and add it as attachement.

If you want real time/live support, join our discord support server: Join the HDfury Discord Server!

But I don't want the the HDFury Vertex to do any scaling on "output 0" - I want here an lossless passthrough. What does "autoscaling" mean? I set the SCALE slide to "no scaling/passthrough" but with this setting I've an HDCP 2.2 signal also on "output 1, but on "output 1" I need HDCP 1.4.

And I set the HDFury Vertex Matrix Mode on "splitter mode". I hope this is also fine!

Cheers

·
Registered
7,500 Posts

Cheers
Just do what i'm asking please and nothing else please and if problem send config export as asked.

AUTOSCALING won't do any scaling if not needed.
HDCP slide does not matter, Vertex auto override any wrong settings if any.
If you want video to TV and sound to AVR from same input, then MATRIX cannot work, you need to be in splitter mode.

So please stop doing anything, put all slides in mid position, set AUTOSCALING for SCALE SLIDE and AUTOMIX for EDID SLIDE and send config export if issue as asked previously.
If you did change using Windows GUI and don't recall them, reset factory default first or reflash firmware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just do what i'm asking please and nothing else please and if problem send config export as asked.

AUTOSCALING won't do any scaling if not needed.
HDCP slide does not matter, Vertex auto override any wrong settings if any.
If you want video to TV and sound to AVR from same input, then MATRIX cannot work, you need to be in splitter mode.

So please stop doing anything, put all slides in mid position, set AUTOSCALING for SCALE SLIDE and AUTOMIX for EDID SLIDE and send config export if issue as asked previously.
If you did change using Windows GUI and don't recall them, reset factory default first or reflash firmware.
Hello,

I did exactly what you've suggested, but it does not work proper/stabil. I'm getting the AUDIO sporadically sent to my AVR only. Also the Video Mode (4K59,931 4.2.2 BT2020 12bit) send by the Shield is not always getting correct identified. It takes around on to two minutes until the Vertex is switching to this mode. In first step it starts with BT709 instead of BT2020. Something is wrong here. The HDMI cables can be the issue, since those are specified for HDMI 2.0b.

I've attached the config file of the Vertex for your analysis.

Does it makes more sense to go for the HDFury AVRKey 18Gbps instead of the Vertex? (I've overseen this one in my selection process for HDMI splitters). This one has a specific default setup for exactly what I need and described in my first post. Further it supports all actual video and audio codecs as well exactly as the Vertex does, right?

Best regards

BonyCB

Attachments

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Hello,

I did exactly what you've suggested, but it does not work proper/stabil. I'm getting the AUDIO sporadically sent to my AVR only. Also the Video Mode (4K59,931 4.2.2 BT2020 12bit) send by the Shield is not always getting correct identified. It takes around on to two minutes until the Vertex is switching to this mode. In first step it starts with BT709 instead of BT2020. Something is wrong here. The HDMI cables can be the issue, since those are specified for HDMI 2.0b.

I've attached the config file of the Vertex for your analysis.

Does it makes more sense to go for the HDFury AVRKey 18Gbps instead of the Vertex? (I've overseen this one in my selection process for HDMI splitters). This one has a specific default setup for exactly what I need and described in my first post. Further it supports all actual video and audio codecs as well exactly as the Vertex does, right?

Best regards

BonyCB
If you use this type of 600MHz/18Gbps signal, then NO, you cannot use AVR key for that and YES you need perfect cables.
Get CABLE MATTERS, ZESKIT or KABELDIREKT from AMAZON, min 6ft / max 12ft and you will be fine.
Also flash the firmware i sent via PM and you should be perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you use this type of 600MHz/18Gbps signal, then NO, you cannot use AVR key for that and YES you need perfect cables.
Get CABLE MATTERS, ZESKIT or KABELDIREKT from AMAZON, min 6ft / max 12ft and you will be fine.
Also flash the firmware i sent via PM and you should be perfect.
Thank you - will do so!
Note: I did a mistake in my last post mentioning that "The HDMI cables can be the issue..."! I meant the HDMI cables can't be the issue. I've Oehlbach HDMI cable's rated for HDMI standard 2.0b!

Thank you once again - I will test and come back to you!
Best regards
BonyCB

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Thank you - will do so!
Note: I did a mistake in my last post mentioning that "The HDMI cables can be the issue..."! I meant the HDMI cables can't be the issue. I've Oehlbach HDMI cable's rated for HDMI standard 2.0b!

Thank you once again - I will test and come back to you!
Best regards
BonyCB
Do you have a link to these cables please ? especially if you found them on Amazon.
We have customers who bought cable for 200$ pc (not even fiber) and they could not work, while recommended brand above are 10-15$ and always work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have a link to these cables please ? especially if you found them on Amazon.
We have customers who bought cable for 200$ pc (not even fiber) and they could not work, while recommended brand above are 10-15$ and always work.
I'm using the Oehlbach Real Matrix MK III, which I bought three and a half years ago. It's a German HighEnd brand. Here the link to an online shop, where those HDMI cables are still available:
It's unfortunately only in German, but scrolling down and clicking on "Technische Details" the features/technical details are in English. In addition the official Oehlbach website: Oehlbach
Appreciate any feedback!

Now my feedback after the update of the firmware provided - once again I like to express a big "thank you" for this swift support!
It solved almost everything! Audio split is working proper. However identification of the Shield TV Pro video mode (4K59,931 4.2.2 BT2020 12bit) still with delay - it recognize 4K59,931 4.2.2 BT709 12bit and after one to two minutes switch to 4K59,931 4.2.2 BT2020 12bit.

But... I found a workaround after getting more used with the functions of the GUI 1.34 and the possibilities of the Vertex. Once the Vertex identified the correct EDID from Shield, I've used the "Read RX EDID" function and saved this to "Custom default EDID - preset #8" and selected that by using "custom select"--> no waiting time anymore for the identification of the EDID. By the way - How can I rename this custom preset to "Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019"?
Further I'm using now custom settings on "custom scaling" as well to force downscaling the signal to my Denon-AVR to 1080p and 10 bit color (Port1 TOP) and allow pass through on Port0 (BOT) by de-selecting all selections. I've attached the Config-file for details.

Now everything is working almost smooth beside following:
When I'm selecting a Dolby Vision movie via Netflix or from file (e.g. attached USB storage or NAS), it has a strange behavior - It's gives short flickering of the image. I've made two small videos for having an understanding what I mean with "strange" and "short flickering" but I can't send those via the post --> How can I send you those videos (in total 16 MB) in mkv format? This behavior is only when I'm playing Dolby Vision files and only at start of the DV file or streams. Any ideas?

Best regards
BonyCB

Attachments

5001 - 5016 of 5016 Posts