AVS Forum banner

5081 - 5100 of 5125 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
This:

Then this:

These basic settings should get you lldv. Then later if you’re in the mood to experiment you can start using the Automix feature with custom dv stuff. I haven’t really done that much yet as I’m happy so far with what I see with the easy edid 10 setup. I’ll probably experiment more when I have time. I’m sure all the experts here can help you at that point.
Many, many Thanks to you! Gonna give this a shot...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Can I use the Vertex 1 to do the LLDV trick with JVC RS540 projector or do I need to purchase the Vertex2? Sources would be Sony x700 blu-ray and 2019 nvidia shield pro going through Denon AVR-x4400 receiver.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm using the Oppo 203 and vertex to convert all sources to lldv,but can't do this with Mikv files.Could a future say edid be applied to the vertex to trick the Oppo that it's playing a mt2s file and allow conversion to lldv

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm using the Oppo 203 and vertex to convert all sources to lldv,but can't do this with Mikv files.Could a future say edid be applied to the vertex to trick the Oppo that it's playing a mt2s file and allow conversion to lldv
No this sort of hack would need to be done on the oppo. The vertex has no hardware control like this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My setup as input is a Nvidia Shield Pro/Oppo-203-Clone and as Output a Onkyo TX-SR876/Xiaomi 4k UST. Until now setting the Vertex to everything auto has worked out great (excellent device!).

As i got recently a Oppo-203-Clone i have run into an issue with 3D-Movies. The Onkyo is a "Pre-3D-Device" and cannot handle the 3D-Signal. Leaving everything in auto (max video, max audio) is outputing a "1080p23.973 3D-FP 444 BT 709 8b 148 MHz 1.4" signal to my receiver and i have no sound in my 3D movies.

Looking around in the Vertex-GUI i found no obvious setting how to fix this problem. Is there a way to fix this problem with the Vertex? As the Oppo-Clone has an separate audio out hdmi i have found a temporally fix, but i would like to keep my setup simple with only the Vertex.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My setup as input is a Nvidia Shield Pro/Oppo-203-Clone and as Output a Onkyo TX-SR876/Xiaomi 4k UST. Until now setting the Vertex to everything auto has worked out great (excellent device!).

As i got recently a Oppo-203-Clone i have run into an issue with 3D-Movies. The Onkyo is a "Pre-3D-Device" and cannot handle the 3D-Signal. Leaving everything in auto (max video, max audio) is outputing a "1080p23.973 3D-FP 444 BT 709 8b 148 MHz 1.4" signal to my receiver and i have no sound in my 3D movies.

Looking around in the Vertex-GUI i found no obvious setting how to fix this problem. Is there a way to fix this problem with the Vertex? As the Oppo-Clone has an separate audio out hdmi i have found a temporally fix, but i would like to keep my setup simple with only the Vertex.
The vertex does not convert 3d it is passed through untouched. So you will need to hook it up with the separate hdmi audio out as you have done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning

I have a problem with the HDFURY vertex.

I bought it more than a year ago to be able to display the bluray ultra HD on my video projector JCV not HDCP2 but 1.4.

Here's my problem: The HDFURY doesn't change the definition of my source, it stays in 1080p (with a Panasonic DMP-UB400). with or without hdfury vertex the video projector the upscale in 4k thanks to e-shift of JVC but I do not understand why the UHD does not come out directly in 4k????

Waiting for your return to find out if there is any use in plugging the vertex hdfury into my system.

thank you in advance

Lucas

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good morning

I bought it more than a year ago to be able to display the bluray ultra HD on my video projector JCV not HDCP2 but 1.4.

Here's my problem: The HDFURY doesn't change the definition of my source, it stays in 1080p (with a Panasonic DMP-UB400). with or without hdfury vertex the video projector the upscale in 4k thanks to e-shift of JVC but I do not understand why the UHD does not come out directly in 4k????

Waiting for your return to find out if there is any use in plugging the vertex hdfury into my system.

thank you in advance

Lucas
Please post the config file so we can see what is happening.
It seems like the scaling switch is set incorrectly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please post the config file so we can see what is happening.
It seems like the scaling switch is set incorrectly.
Good evening

here's the setup but with the unconnected hdfury, I'll send you the setup with the HDfury connected tomorrow.
I didn't at all watch the scaling, I already had image problems (by plugging the vertex after my AV amplifier the image jumps all the time, I absolutely have to plug the vertex directly after the Panasonic bluray player)

thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Good evening

here's the setup but with the unconnected hdfury, I'll send you the setup with the HDfury connected tomorrow.
I didn't at all watch the scaling, I already had image problems (by plugging the vertex after my AV amplifier the image jumps all the time, I absolutely have to plug the vertex directly after the Panasonic bluray player)

thank you in advance
Please just post the config export (as per usermanual p43) it is way more useful and way faster than making gui screenshot.

Thank you, also flash the firmware sent by PM.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Please just post the config export (as per usermanual p43) it is way more useful and way faster than making gui screenshot.

Thank you, also flash the firmware sent by PM.
Hi All, I have been having the same issue with my nx7 not switching to the appropriate settings. I recently had my pj professionally calibrated and still could not figure it out. I will post config. asap.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Hi All, I have been having the same issue with my nx7 not switching to the appropriate settings. I recently had my pj professionally calibrated and still could not figure it out. I will post config. asap.
Flash the firmware sent by PM first, and export and send config if still problem, if you only have RS232 issue, then it is not the same as above issue.
Which delay did you set ? Are you using our RS232 cables or something else ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good evening

thank you in advance
Please update the firmware with the one I sent by pm.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Deleted.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Good morning

If your projector is HDCP 1.4 so that it does not support HDR, the UB400 will send 1080P not 4K for UHD discs.

You could try setting the UB400 HDR output setting to:
SDR REC709 (since I assume your projector does not have a BT2020 color profile) and let the HDR Optimizer tone map HDR to SDR REC709.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
5081 - 5100 of 5125 Posts