AVS Forum banner

5101 - 5120 of 5125 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Has there ever been a revision of the Vertex 2 or will a unit from the beginning of 2020 be identical to a unit shipped today? If there was a revision, which month did that occur?
I am not aware of any revision of the vertex 2 since they started shipping.

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
I don't need a firmware update. I was suggesting that Dreamliner might need one, for the Vertex 2...

(I'm going to live with the firmware I have on my Vertex 1 for a while since I don't have a windows computer any longer and I think that is necessary for updating the firmware, right?)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a question about the vertex. I have a lumagen and I’m having some stability problems with hdmi handshakes between the lumagen and my projector.

The question is I’m thinking for trying my vertex in between the lumagen and projector to see if it is more stable with hdmi handshaking especially when changing framerates as that is when I often get the sparkles.

Does the vertex simply pass the signal unchanged as long as the settings on the vertex are appropriate to do so or does it do some processing even if the input and output settings are identical ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do I understand that if I put the vertex after a fire tv cube then I can "trick" the Disney plus app into thinking it is connected to a HDR capable device? I ask because the app apparently will only output 4k to a 4k and HDR capable display, and I have a 4k but non-HDR-capable display.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Do I understand that if I put the vertex after a fire tv cube then I can "trick" the Disney plus app into thinking it is connected to a HDR capable device? I ask because the app apparently will only output 4k to a 4k and HDR capable display, and I have a 4k but non-HDR-capable display.
Yes it is possible but if your TV does not support HDR the colors will be washed out. The Vertex cannot convert the HDR to SDR for your TV.

Reactions: HDfury

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
A cheaper solution: AppleTV4k. I send 4k SDR to my projector from my AppleTV4K Disney+ app.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a question about the vertex. I have a lumagen and I’m having some stability problems with hdmi handshakes between the lumagen and my projector.

The question is I’m thinking for trying my vertex in between the lumagen and projector to see if it is more stable with hdmi handshaking especially when changing framerates as that is when I often get the sparkles.

Does the vertex simply pass the signal unchanged as long as the settings on the vertex are appropriate to do so or does it do some processing even if the input and output settings are identical ?

The vertex will pass the signal through untouched if you do not wish to scale or modify it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The vertex will pass the signal through untouched if you do not wish to scale or modify it.
Perfect thank you

·
Registered
171 Posts
This thread popped up when doing a search for nx7 and upscaling. I have the projector coming in in a few weeks just trying to get everything lined up and a better understanding of how things work. This is my first experience with a projector, currently OLED. From what I see the nx7 does not do a good job upscaling to its native res of 4k. I would of course be watching 4k movies, but when I want to watch say sports, basketball, and football through the at&t tv app on my fire tv cube, will this machine allow me to upscale 1080i/720p broadcast television to 4k and allow the JVC to output correctly, not do the upscaling, well not look like crap. Also the same for the OLED. Hope I'm explaining this correctly this is all new to me. The AVR is the Marantz av7706
My set up will be
Firetv 4k cube>AVR>NX7

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Congrats on the new gear. That is a great projector.

First, no, this is not the device for you. I would suspect your Cube already does the scaling up to 4k. And you probably cannot turn that off without impacting true 4k content. Check the FireTV owners thread for details.

And, even if you send lower res content to the JVC, I think you'll find it does a good job with it. And if you want specific alternatives to using the internal scaling, the JVC thread has some ideas, if you ask there.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats on the new gear. That is a great projector.

First, no, this is not the device for you. I would suspect your Cube already does the scaling up to 4k. And you probably cannot turn that off without impacting true 4k content. Check the FireTV owners thread for details.

And, even if you send lower res content to the JVC, I think you'll find it does a good job with it. And if you want specific alternatives to using the internal scaling, the JVC thread has some ideas, if you ask there.
Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
This thread popped up when doing a search for nx7 and upscaling. I have the projector coming in in a few weeks just trying to get everything lined up and a better understanding of how things work. This is my first experience with a projector, currently OLED. From what I see the nx7 does not do a good job upscaling to its native res of 4k. I would of course be watching 4k movies, but when I want to watch say sports, basketball, and football through the at&t tv app on my fire tv cube, will this machine allow me to upscale 1080i/720p broadcast television to 4k and allow the JVC to output correctly, not do the upscaling, well not look like crap. Also the same for the OLED. Hope I'm explaining this correctly this is all new to me. The AVR is the Marantz av7706
My set up will be
Firetv 4k cube>AVR>NX7
The hdfury vertex can only scale 1080p to 4k. No other resolutions so the vertex is not a good choice for 1080i/720p upscaling unless you add the hdfury x4. You would need to add the hdfury x4 to first scale the lower resolutions to 1080p before the vertex could upscale to 4k.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The hdfury vertex can only scale 1080p to 4k. No other resolutions so the vertex is not a good choice for 1080i/720p upscaling unless you add the hdfury x4. You would need to add the hdfury x4 to first scale the lower resolutions to 1080p before the vertex could upscale to 4k.
Okay, I will look into that setup, thanks. Will there be any lag or connection issue going through 3 devices before reaching the projector. Or could I let the avr upscale to 1080p then put the v2 in between the avr and projector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am new to HDFury devices and looking to buy a Vertex2 to manage two dissimilar displays - a Samsung HDR only 18Gbps TV and Epson 6040UB HDR only 10.3Gbps projector. I am looking to take advantage of LLDV for the TV & Projector for watching movies. What TX0 and TX1 settings should I ideally set these two to for these two common use cases?

(a) Watching typical 24 fps DV/Atmos movies using Apple TV 4K & Fire TV stick
(b) Watching 60fps DV/HDR content (Youtube, HBOMax Dolby Vision, XBox One S)

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
I just re-installed windows and when to download the most recent GUI, and MSFT virus scan blocked the download, saying there is a Ymacco.AA32 virus in it. Is this a false positive?
Microsoft Security Essentials recently started quarantining files from HDfury firmware downloads. I added a folder exclusion and download the firmware files to the excluded folder.

I also have to override the blocked download.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Okay, I will look into that setup, thanks. Will there be any lag or connection issue going through 3 devices before reaching the projector. Or could I let the avr upscale to 1080p then put the v2 in between the avr and projector.
No there will not be any measurable lag introduced from the hdfury.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am new to HDFury devices and looking to buy a Vertex2 to manage two dissimilar displays - a Samsung HDR only 18Gbps TV and Epson 6040UB HDR only 10.3Gbps projector. I am looking to take advantage of LLDV for the TV & Projector for watching movies. What TX0 and TX1 settings should I ideally set these two to for these two common use cases?

(a) Watching typical 24 fps DV/Atmos movies using Apple TV 4K & Fire TV stick
(b) Watching 60fps DV/HDR content (Youtube, HBOMax Dolby Vision, XBox One S)

View attachment 3076221
We helped you on discord today regarding this. But yes this will work for you. You may need to set some scaling options for tx1.

5101 - 5120 of 5125 Posts