AVS Forum banner

5121 - 5125 of 5125 Posts

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
I am new to HDFury devices and looking to buy a Vertex2 to manage two dissimilar displays - a Samsung HDR only 18Gbps TV and Epson 6040UB HDR only 10.3Gbps projector. I am looking to take advantage of LLDV for the TV & Projector for watching movies. What TX0 and TX1 settings should I ideally set these two to for these two common use cases?

(a) Watching typical 24 fps DV/Atmos movies using Apple TV 4K & Fire TV stick
(b) Watching 60fps DV/HDR content (Youtube, HBOMax Dolby Vision, XBox One S)

View attachment 3076221
That will work out of the box please use Vertex2 thread for Vertex2 question, this is Vertex1 thread.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
I am using your Vertex2 simulator - are these the right input/output settings?
No, but stop posting here and start by using right thread and if you are getting help on discord, then continue on discord, do not start multiple thread in different places here, just wasting our time, your time and adding delay for people waiting answer.

There is nothing to set differently than default , so do try to adjust anything unless there is need for it.
All you need for LLDV is to set CUSTOM EDID10 or use automix with Custom DV string checked and in HDR page set "Use custom HDR when input is LLDV"
then you restart your source and YOU ARE DONE. Nothing else needed. continue on the right thread from now on please, thanx.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
I just re-installed windows and when to download the most recent GUI, and MSFT virus scan blocked the download, saying there is a Ymacco.AA32 virus in it. Is this a false positive?
Yes it's false positive, just discard/turn off AV software or set exclusion list or just sent the file to them and they will confirm and update their detection routines.

Most AV software nowadays will flag any popular download as possible threats, that's how clever they are.

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Microsoft Security Essentials recently started quarantining files from HDfury firmware downloads. I added a folder exclusion and download the firmware files to the excluded folder.

I also have to override the blocked download.
Thanks for the tip. I hate Windows.... but it is a necessary evil for HT (between this, HCFR, MSO, etc).

5121 - 5125 of 5125 Posts