AVS Forum banner

5261 - 5271 of 5271 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Vertex is receiving SDR in that config, not HDR or Dolby Vision.

Format: 4K SDR
Match Dynamic Range: ON
- You should get SDR content sent as SDR, HDR content sent as HDR, and Dolby Vision content sent as LLDV since your A1 does not support full RGB Dolby Vision.

Format: 4K HDR
Match Dynamic Range: OFF
- ATV4K will send all content as HDR.

Format: 4K Dolby Vision
Match Dynamic Range: OFF
- ATV4K will send all content as LLDV to your A1.

Format 4K HDR or 4K Dolby Vision
Match Dynamic Range: ON
  • Some ATV4K Apps will match dynamic range and send SDR as SDR, HDR as HDR, Dolby Vision as Dolby Vision.
  • But other ATV4K Apps ignore the Dynamic Range option and will send all content as HDR or Dolby Vision.

This is why it is recommended to set format to 4K SDR with Match Dynamic Range ON. It is the only combination that will always send content in its original format.
Yes, I'm sending sdr with match dynamic range set to on.
On my tv, everything looks perfect, I have no issue at all but that the conversation on the other port of the vertex where I have flickering issues. The video that I exported above was recorded from the tx1 which goes trough the x4.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Additional information: Here's a pic of the display with the Vertex between the Toshiba player and the input to the AV processor. Note that I can only get stereo and not the 5.1 I was expecting but that is due to the system only working in the EDID fallback setting. View attachment 3136239
Your vertex is showing a locked icon.
I will send you a file via pm to help you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
mmmm my motherboard has built in wifi and bluetooth and the other computer doesnt...ill see if switching them off does anything

UPDATE: turned them both off and disabled wifi in bios and still nothing. I even disabled all onboard controllers and still nothing. This one has me stumped.

The work around I have at the moment is that I updated the device using the GUI on the other computer and then put the device into auto scaling which lets me get the xbox working with 4k. only issue i have is that if i ever need to change the settings in the gui i need to plug it into another computer :(
Was this issue resolved? I am having the same exact problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also, if I try and open the GUI again (while im waiting for it to load) it comes up with a few more error messages (attached) and then it just opens a blank GUI. By the time i close all of these, the GUI opens again from the first time i clicked it with the 'not responding' image i attached in my previous message.
Sorry this was the problem. I am getting the same errors. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. If I have the vertex plugged into the computer and select the GUI program, it will not open. As soon as I disconnect the vertex the program will open with random characters in the fields. Just like the pictures attached in the quoted post.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Sorry this was the problem. I am getting the same errors. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. If I have the vertex plugged into the computer and select the GUI program, it will not open. As soon as I disconnect the vertex the program will open with random characters in the fields. Just like the pictures attached in the quoted post.
Are you sure you have updated the firmware first ?
If you use recent GUI, make sure you have recent firmware first.
Also if firmware update works, GUI will work too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Initially I was not able to open the GUI on a matching older firmware so I figured I needed to update. I was able to update the firmware, but was still not able to open GUI that goes with the firmware. If I go into the firmware updater now, the vertex is not recognized. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but nothing seems to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
Initially I was not able to open the GUI on a matching older firmware so I figured I needed to update. I was able to update the firmware, but was still not able to open GUI that goes with the firmware. If I go into the firmware updater now, the vertex is not recognized. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but nothing seems to work.
See if any of this helps you

Windows 10 firmware update/GUI install covers the following hdfury devices integral, avrkey, vertex, integral 2, dr hdmi 4k, linker, dr hdmi 4k, hdfury x4, splitter 4k and splitter 4k pro. To start if you have installed any silabs drivers such as 3.92 or 4.00 Go to program files and remove any reference to USBxpress, silabs, silicon laboratories, then reboot your PC. Then connect the hdfury to the pc via usb and wait until you hear WIN10 chime sound notification for USB and then try to update firmware or run the GUI. A few things: If you have water cooling on the pc such as the Corsair Hydro CPU cooler remove the USB header from the motherboard as water coolers interfere with the firmware updates. If the GUI cannot find the hdfury the issue is most likely the firmware needs to be updated on the hdfury device.
Please keep in mind the hdfury usually requires fpga and mcu file updates. So ensure you update both.
If you have trouble come to our live help with the link in my signature. As it is easier to help in real time.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
What is your window version ? Did you try from different USB ports ? Does your Vertex comes with standard USB > MINI USB cable or with Y cable with 3 ends ?
Do you have another computer you can use or borrow to try ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok tried ever listed and still no luck. BUT I tried on another computer and it worked instantly. I think there is something conflicting on my machine. I have the same AMD CPU and Motherboard as the person I originally quoted having the same problem as me. I know my old Intel computer worked fine with it so I am going to bring it out of retirement for making changes on the vertex. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ok tried ever listed and still no luck. BUT I tried on another computer and it worked instantly. I think there is something conflicting on my machine. I have the same AMD CPU and Motherboard as the person I originally quoted having the same problem as me. I know my old Intel computer worked fine with it so I am going to bring it out of retirement for making changes on the vertex. Thanks for the help.
Yes some computers can be finicky. Glad you found one that allowed you to update and use the GUI.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
###FOR SONY TV OWNERS###

This is 3 weeks old but worth checking if your SONY model has it installed or not.
It is relevant to recent support issue from SONY users who had to turn off BANNER INFO in SONY Menu, this show it is a SONY issue, now fixed with below SONY TV firmware V6.7165 and also show that apparently not all TV has received it yet automatically. Google "v6.7165" to find download link in your country if they are not on below link.

Benefits and Improvements

• Resolves an issue where the TV does not turn off when turning off HDMI devices connected via BRAVIA Sync (HDMI CEC)
    • Resolves an issue where an information banner appears randomly while watching content through HDMI connected devices
    • Resolves an issue where the TV can’t connect with specific wireless subwoofers

5261 - 5271 of 5271 Posts