AVS Forum banner

581 - 600 of 4955 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,249 Posts
As it looks like the OP isn't getting the thread title of this thread changed, I guess we should go on with Claw's Owners' thread.

I'm sure Claw will be willing to maintain the first post of that new thread and link to important posts, as any good owner's thread should.

He's definitely the best candidate for this :)
This thread was renamed. The other thread should be removed or renamed or locked.

One can hope this will be a "good owner's thread" despite the haphazard circumstance.

·
Premium Member
9,837 Posts
This thread was renamed. The other thread should be removed or renamed or locked.

One can hope this will be a "good owner's thread" despite the haphazard circumstance.
Good news, glad we can keep all the info in one thread.

Yes hopefully the OP will rise to the challenge and keep the first post updated.

·
Premium Member
10,249 Posts
No, but anyone capable of maintaining a good information post in any thread, will get free hardware (really good one we mean)

Please guys (and not you in particular) try to read bit, thank you.
I don't understand why you'd prefer to keep answering the same questions versus just doing a FAQ -- which should be on your website.

Trying to "read a bit" in this (and most unorganized threads) means reading every single post in the (usually vain) hope if finding an answer to your question.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Received my Vertex last Thurs but didn’t get to fully install it till sat morning.

Updated firmware and driver first (Still need to update to latest firmware)
Took some time and some hair pulling but eventually got my settings and wiring correct.

I have it set up differently in my system:

Input 0 - Sony X800 UHD player
Input 1 – HTPC (previous i5 1080p now dedicated Minix Kodi 4K player)

Output 0 – JVC X570 e-shift 4K projector
Output 1 – Anthem D2V audio processor (legacy HDMI 1.3)

The 2 inputs autoselect correctly depending on which unit is on.
The audio/video is sent to the D2V and since it is downconverted I can also see it on my small 24” monitor. Bitstream audio works fine and there are no strange noises.

So far the Vertex has delivered on all of what I was expecting of it.
Very Happy!!!

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I'll try it later today thanks.

In the end I guess it depends on what my AVR (Denon 4300) does when it goes into standby. Since that is what my HTPC will be connected to. The Vertex is between the Denon and my JVC PC. So if HTPC mode is enabled, turning the JVC off won't be reported to the AVR, which is fine, but whether my AVR keeps a signal present in standby for my HTPC is something I am going to find out. I don't want to put the Vertex in between the HTPC and my AVR.

Though I do still have my Integral...probably adding too many things to the chain at this point?
Yes you could put Integral in HTPC mode after the HTPC, just run the test and see if it's needed. Keep in mind that Integral is not as good as Vertex regarding 600MHz and cables. You need very good cable to allow 600MHz from Integral.

Trying to get mine set up for the first time....can someone give me any pointers of on how to simply set it up with an Oppo 203 input (4K) and two outputs (4K HDR JVC projector and 1080p LED).

I want to simply:
1) disable HDR flag so I can use DI on JVC Projector on output 1
2) Scale Output 2 to 1080p for a secondary display when projector is not on.
Make sure you have latest firmware latest GUI and that 1080p is connected to TOP output and JVC to BOT output
Put the unit in AUTOSCALING and it will take care of the 1080p after you update the firmware.

Disable HDR, use GUI or APP if you have GoBlue to set it up.

All I can say is that it's very reproducible here on a 2017 LG B7, maybe someone else can confirm.

1. Send any 1080P60 RGB signal through VERTEX with no scaling (I use PC extended desktop), DV flag in EDID doesn't even need to be set.
2. Send 81:01:18:36:03:0c:00:20:01:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00 in Custom Vendor Specific Infoframe box.

Display flashes Dolby Vision logo and goes into DV mode with black screen. You can check picture modes to see it's still in DV mode under Cinema Home or Cinema.
I would answer: YES AND ? ;)

Your DV TV will never show anything else than blackscreen in your test since you have NOT specifically send a DV Stream for it (means the source haven't sent any signal using your display DV string)
It's actually the EXACT same result as if we take a DV EDID with VIZIO DV string (for ex), a DV source will send DV for that VIZIO TV, but if you have a LG TV at the end, you have blackscreen.

The string you are using actually means nothing in DV context. same string goes everytime there is 4K content. (HDR or not)

Hi Guys,

Got my Vertex yesterday to replace my integral+linker combo and was able to get up and running very quickly. The only issue I encountered was I receive a blank screen from the PS4 Pro if the HDCP switch is set to 1.4, I was able to overcome this by selecting 2.2 but this is different to how it functioned with the integral.

Thanks

Scott
This depends your setup, if you have AVR, where it is in the chain, etc... so please describe the video chain with brand/model of everything.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I don't understand why you'd prefer to keep answering the same questions versus just doing a FAQ -- which should be on your website.

Trying to "read a bit" in this (and most unorganized threads) means reading every single post in the (usually vain) hope if finding an answer to your question.
Because i know by experience that you guys are not going to read it ;)

As i said, anyone who wants to maintain such thing will get free hardware from us.

Received my Vertex last Thurs but didn’t get to fully install it till sat morning.

Updated firmware and driver first (Still need to update to latest firmware)
Took some time and some hair pulling but eventually got my settings and wiring correct.

I have it set up differently in my system:

Input 0 - Sony X800 UHD player
Input 1 – HTPC (previous i5 1080p now dedicated Minix Kodi 4K player)

Output 0 – JVC X570 e-shift 4K projector
Output 1 – Anthem D2V audio processor (legacy HDMI 1.3)

The 2 inputs autoselect correctly depending on which unit is on.
The audio/video is sent to the D2V and since it is downconverted I can also see it on my small 24” monitor. Bitstream audio works fine and there are no strange noises.

So far the Vertex has delivered on all of what I was expecting of it.
Very Happy!!!
I quoted because i read it quick and though it was support question ;) Thank you for your feedback.

Reactions: appelz

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,496 Posts
I had very little success with the Vertex so far.

The configuration is:

Oppo 205 Out -> Vertex Input Bottom (1)
ATV4K Out > Vertex Input Top (0)

Vertex Out Bottom (1) -> LG C7 (for Video and ARC)
Vertex Out Top (0) -> Oppo 205 HDMI Input (for Audio)

User cases:

1) Watch 205 - Select Vertex input Bottom (1), Audio is provided directly to the AVR
2) Watch ATV4K - Select Vertex input Top (0), Audio is provided by the Oppo HDMI input
3) Watch C7 Apps - Audio is provided by ARC through the Vertex.

Results:

1) Watch 205 - I was never able to get a signal watching the 205 on Top input 0.
2) Watch ATV4K - This worked after some extended handshaking (5 seconds or so).
3) Watch C7 Apps - After enabling CEC, the C7 would not allow HDMI CEC output to be selected

I set the Scalar to force the Vertex Out Top (0) to 1080p.

When I first started playing with the UI, my network crashed. After rebooting the FIOS ONT, disconnecting 20 different HDMI cables, I finally isolated the failing component to the Oppo 205. Apparently, the Vertex confused the 205 to the point where it took down the entire network.

After a few hours of futzing, I'll have to put it back in the box for a while.

- Rich

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts

I asked @markrubin to lock/close/delete the new-now duplicate thread. He is a new Vertex owner as well as a forum moderator.

·
Premium Member
10,249 Posts
Vertex+Apple TV 4K+LG OLED

Does anyone have an Apple TV 4K, 2017 LG OLED (running 4.70) and a Vertex (or Linker) that works with Dolby Vision?

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,496 Posts
Does anyone have an Apple TV 4K, 2017 LG OLED (running 4.70) and a Vertex (or Linker) that works with Dolby Vision?
I had that part working with the ATV4K, C7 (running 4.70), and audio out the to Oppo 205 HDMI input.
The ATV4k directly connected to the C7 HDMI3 also works with ARC (without a vertex in a chain).

- Rich

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
Good news, glad we can keep all the info in one thread.

Yes hopefully the OP will rise to the challenge and keep the first post updated.

Now that this thread is "official" I suppose I can start adding things.

Possibly some quick troubleshooting tips to start. If anyone has must haves, IE questions that have been answered over and over I can put that in the OP.

·
Premium Member
10,249 Posts
Because i know by experience that you guys are not going to read it ;)

As i said, anyone who wants to maintain such thing will get free hardware from us.
Speaking as someone who maintained the KRP-X00M/Kuro Elite FAQ for years if you answer every posted question that's in the FAQ with "Please see the FAQ in post 2: Section X Question Y" people will read the FAQ because they want to fix the problem at hand. It does help if it's in post 2 (or 1) but e.g. the Audyssey threads seem to do ... well enough.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I had very little success with the Vertex so far.

The configuration is:

Oppo 205 Out -> Vertex Input Bottom (1)
ATV4K Out > Vertex Input Top (0)

Vertex Out Bottom (1) -> LG C7 (for Video and ARC)
Vertex Out Top (0) -> Oppo 205 HDMI Input (for Audio)

User cases:

1) Watch 205 - Select Vertex input Bottom (1), Audio is provided directly to the AVR
2) Watch ATV4K - Select Vertex input Top (0), Audio is provided by the Oppo HDMI input
3) Watch C7 Apps - Audio is provided by ARC through the Vertex.

Results:

1) Watch 205 - I was never able to get a signal watching the 205 on Top input 0.
2) Watch ATV4K - This worked after some extended handshaking (5 seconds or so).
3) Watch C7 Apps - After enabling CEC, the C7 would not allow HDMI CEC output to be selected

I set the Scalar to force the Vertex Out Top (0) to 1080p.

When I first started playing with the UI, my network crashed. After rebooting the FIOS ONT, disconnecting 20 different HDMI cables, I finally isolated the failing component to the Oppo 205. Apparently, the Vertex confused the 205 to the point where it took down the entire network.

After a few hours of futzing, I'll have to put it back in the box for a while.

- Rich
I suppose you are sending sound to oppo input for a reason ? always nice to know the motivation so we can also understand the logic of the setup.

2 things for the moment:

1) Are you using Latest FW, Latest GUI for your testing ? if yes, can you export CONFIG when you are trying please.
2) Did you try Hold RST and press INP 2 times, then powercycle Vertex, if not, please give it a try.

ATV4K DV is 600MHz, so make sure your cables are all min 6ft - max 12ft

Linker:
NO SCALING MUST BE SET, IN GUI SCALER SECTION > THRU with every settings on FOLLOW. Linker EDID must be set to SINK mode, the chain MUST BE : SOURCE > LINKER > TV, if the chain is anything else, go in Linker thread and post it.

Vertex:
If it's a simple chain like SOURCE > VERTEX > DISPLAY then VERTEX EDID slide on AUTOMIX, DV FLAG checked in Automix flag, SCALE slide to NO SCALING/THRU. DV display always connected to BOT output
If it's a one chain with AVR like SOURCE > VERTEX > AVR > DISPLAY, then you first need to connect Vertex BOT output to your DV TV for a couple secs, then insert it between SOURCE and AVR with same settings as above.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Speaking as someone who maintained the KRP-X00M/Kuro Elite FAQ for years if you answer every posted question that's in the FAQ with "Please see the FAQ in post 2: Section X Question Y" people will read the FAQ because they want to fix the problem at hand. It does help if it's in post 2 (or 1) but e.g. the Audyssey threads seem to do ... well enough.
You are probably right, but it would took me time that i don't have just to see if it really works that way.
That's why we prefer to offer hardware to anyone who can do that work. Don't wait till we announce new range, you will want it anyway ;)

@markrubin thanx !

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Well, that would be convenient.

Please be sure to post here when support for Apple users finally happens.

Until then the GoBlue which arrived today gets to uselessly sit on a shelf.
Apple always take longer than Google to validate APP, nothing to do with us, but yes we will notify you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Guys,

Got my Vertex yesterday to replace my integral+linker combo and was able to get up and running very quickly. The only issue I encountered was I receive a blank screen from the PS4 Pro if the HDCP switch is set to 1.4, I was able to overcome this by selecting 2.2 but this is different to how it functioned with the integral.

Thanks

Scott
Sorry, a little more information regarding my set up - I have a 1.3 Denon AVR so use the Vertex to downscale to enable audio while the other out put goes direct to my JVC X5900 projector.

I am set up as follows HTPC connected to top input, PS4 Pro connected to bottom input, Top out put connected to Denon Reciever (using auto sense, works fantastic!!), bottom output connected to JVC.
Setup and tested with HDCP switch set to 1.4 PC worked without issue, PS4 I received audio but no picture (black screen not a no input screen) switching HDCP to 2.2 worked and fixed the problem. I am happy with this as it works fine it is just that with my previous Integral + Linker set up have the switch set to 1.4 worked with the PS4 pro.

Kind Regards

Scott

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Sorry, a little more information regarding my set up - I have a 1.3 Denon AVR so use the Vertex to downscale to enable audio while the other out put goes direct to my JVC X5900 projector.

I am set up as follows HTPC connected to top input, PS4 Pro connected to bottom input, Top out put connected to Denon Reciever (using auto sense, works fantastic!!), bottom output connected to JVC.
Setup and tested with HDCP switch set to 1.4 PC worked without issue, PS4 I received audio but no picture (black screen not a no input screen) switching HDCP to 2.2 worked and fixed the problem. I am happy with this as it works fine it is just that with my previous Integral + Linker set up have the switch set to 1.4 worked with the PS4 pro.

Kind Regards

Scott
You could try Hold RST + press INP 2 times then powercycle Vertex. Should then behave same as what you had with Integral/Linker.

581 - 600 of 4955 Posts