AVS Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2717 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vertex2 - FW0.57

This update is NOT mandatory.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

######### What's new on FW 0.57 #########

1. eARC compatibility improvements, especially for Arcana.

2. LG displays eARC fix.

Make sure to refresh your browser (CTRL + F5) or clear your internet cache after update.

Download link:
https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex2_FW_57.zip
I have a Meridian HD621 and LG C9 and previously gave feedback that with FW0.56 only a Panasonic UB820 was able to pass 5.1 LPCM using EARC to the 621 and that an Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Windows 10 PC with Nvidia 2080Ti were not.

I'm happy to report that with FW0.57 all of the above can pass 5.1 LPCM to the 621 using EARC so thank you very much for working round the LG C9 LPCM issues.

The only issue I have now is that the HD621 only supports LPCM and basic DD & DTS and the C9 built-in apps appear to send only DD+ over EARC. Is there any way to limit the C9 to only use LPCM and basic DD & DTS over EARC (perhaps using a custom EARC CDS string)?

If I use optical out the C9 passes basic DD from the built-in apps so it is capable of extracting/selecting basic DD. Switching between optical and EARC in the C9 sound menu is a little tricky for the rest of my family and I find that the Panasonic UB820 needs a power cycle if it was switched on while the C9 was set to optical and then changed to EARC before the 5.1 LPCM works properly.

Great progress though and I appreciate my remaining issue may be totally outwith your control.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Do I need to anything special to enable eARC between Sony A9g and Vertex 2? Attached is the config file and I do not get any audio from the receiver.

ATV4k, NVIDIA PRO, Panasonic BLURAY --> input 1, 2 and 3. TX0 out to Sony A9G - eARC enabled in settings, AUDIO out to Pioneer receiver. While I use other sources most of the time, I just wanted to experiment with Sony's internal apps and see but I am not getting any sound out.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I have a Meridian HD621 and LG C9 and previously gave feedback that with FW0.56 only a Panasonic UB820 was able to pass 5.1 LPCM using EARC to the 621 and that an Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Windows 10 PC with Nvidia 2080Ti were not.

I'm happy to report that with FW0.57 all of the above can pass 5.1 LPCM to the 621 using EARC so thank you very much for working round the LG C9 LPCM issues.

The only issue I have now is that the HD621 only supports LPCM and basic DD & DTS and the C9 built-in apps appear to send only DD+ over EARC. Is there any way to limit the C9 to only use LPCM and basic DD & DTS over EARC (perhaps using a custom EARC CDS string)?

If I use optical out the C9 passes basic DD from the built-in apps so it is capable of extracting/selecting basic DD. Switching between optical and EARC in the C9 sound menu is a little tricky for the rest of my family and I find that the Panasonic UB820 needs a power cycle if it was switched on while the C9 was set to optical and then changed to EARC before the 5.1 LPCM works properly.

Great progress though and I appreciate my remaining issue may be totally outwith your control.

Thanks again.
Yes using custom CDS, you should be able to force C9 to convert audio format into something the HD621 will support.
Do you know how to create custom CDS on your own ?

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Do I need to anything special to enable eARC between Sony A9g and Vertex 2? Attached is the config file and I do not get any audio from the receiver.

ATV4k, NVIDIA PRO, Panasonic BLURAY --> input 1, 2 and 3. TX0 out to Sony A9G - eARC enabled in settings, AUDIO out to Pioneer receiver. While I use other sources most of the time, I just wanted to experiment with Sony's internal apps and see but I am not getting any sound out.
Webserver > CEC > set AUDIO SYSTEM w/ARC
Restart Vertex2 and your TV, in your TV speaker menu, select Vertex2 for ARC.
and you should be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes using custom CDS, you should be able to force C9 to convert audio format into something the HD621 will support.
Do you know how to create custom CDS on your own ?
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any publicly available information on the format of the CDS.

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,721 Posts
@HDfury - I've got a bit of an odd use-case and am trying to figure out if any of your products can help with it AND what the minimum product I would need (I've got a few older products such as a Linker kicking around).

In my main system, I have an AppleTV 4K, Marantz AV8805, and LG G7 OLED. The Marantz has 2 HDMI outputs.

I'm sending the first HDMI output from the Marantz to the LG G7, and this path supports Dolby Vision from the AppleTV 4K.

I'd like to route the 2nd HDMI output from the Marantz to my Crestron matrix switch which supports 4K60, but does not support Dolby Vision (nor do the other displays in my home). The 2nd HDMI output can be configured to pass through an input when the Marantz is in standby, so the idea is to be able to use the AppleTV 4K on other displays in the house when I'm not using the main system.

So the thought is this:

AppleTV 4K > HDMI cable > Input on Marantz AV8805
Marantz AV8805 HDMI Output #1 > HDMI cable > LG OLED G7
Marantz AV8805 HDMI Output #2 > HDMI cable > HDFury Device Input #1
HDFury Device Output #1 > HDMI cable > Crestron Matrix Switch Input

All HDMI cables are either Blue Jeans or KabelDirekt ~ 6 foot long cables.

I'd like to be able to setup the HDFury device as follows:

1) When the input from the Marantz is not routed through the HDFury device to the Crestron matrix switch, it presents an EDID that indicates that Dolby Vision is supported (or emulates no connection at all)
2) When the input from the Marantz is routed through the HDFury device to the Crestron matrix switch, it presents an EDID that indicates that Dolby Vision is not supported.

I gave this a quick try last night with an Integral that had the switches set as follows:

HDCP = Auto
EDID = Automix Mode

The following HDMI connections were made to the Integral:

Marantz output > Integral Top Input
Integral Top Output > Crestron matrix

When I press the Input button to switch the inputs, a new handshake happens, but I don't get Dolby Vision on the LG TV when either input is selected. Once I disconnect the HDMI cable going to the Integral's input, I get Dolby Vision again.

The HDFury devices I own include: Linker, Integral, Vertex, Vertex 2, and Maestro TX/RX. The Vertex and Maestro are in use, which leave the Linker, Integral, and Vertex 2 available for making this work. Since it supports TCP/IP control, the Vertex 2 would probably be the preferred option.

·
Registered
33,434 Posts
I’m trying to grasp what I need here. I’ve got an LG G7 with the TV’s ARC going to my new Sonos ARC. The display passes the onboard apps in ATMOS, but it obviously doesn’t for the ATV or UHD BD player connected to the TVs HDMI inputs. Does the Arcana take the TV’s ARC and convert it to eARC, thus solving the problem for all the HDMI devices connected to the TV?

I‘ve also got occasional lip synch issues with my Directv box that also occupies an HDMI input on the TV. Is that issue addressed to?

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I’m trying to grasp what I need here. I’ve got an LG G7 with the TV’s ARC going to my new Sonos ARC. The display passes the onboard apps in ATMOS, but it obviously doesn’t for the ATV or UHD BD player connected to the TVs HDMI inputs. Does the Arcana take the TV’s ARC and convert it to eARC, thus solving the problem for all the HDMI devices connected to the TV?

I‘ve also got occasional lip synch issues with my Directv box that also occupies an HDMI input on the TV. Is that issue addressed to?
You are in Vertex2 thread here, Arcana thread is here: HDfury ARCANA -- eARC adapter for Sonos ARC and Bose 700...
Please use right thread for your question.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
@HDfury - I've got a bit of an odd use-case and am trying to figure out if any of your products can help with it AND what the minimum product I would need (I've got a few older products such as a Linker kicking around).

In my main system, I have an AppleTV 4K, Marantz AV8805, and LG G7 OLED. The Marantz has 2 HDMI outputs.

I'm sending the first HDMI output from the Marantz to the LG G7, and this path supports Dolby Vision from the AppleTV 4K.

I'd like to route the 2nd HDMI output from the Marantz to my Crestron matrix switch which supports 4K60, but does not support Dolby Vision (nor do the other displays in my home). The 2nd HDMI output can be configured to pass through an input when the Marantz is in standby, so the idea is to be able to use the AppleTV 4K on other displays in the house when I'm not using the main system.

So the thought is this:

1) When the input from the Marantz is not routed through the HDFury device to the Crestron matrix switch, it presents an EDID that indicates that Dolby Vision is supported (or emulates no connection at all)
2) When the input from the Marantz is routed through the HDFury device to the Crestron matrix switch, it presents an EDID that indicates that Dolby Vision is not supported.

I gave this a quick try last night with an Integral that had the switches set as follows:

HDCP = Auto
EDID = Automix Mode

When I press the Input button to switch the inputs, a new handshake happens, but I don't get Dolby Vision on the LG TV when either input is selected. Once I disconnect the HDMI cable going to the Integral's input, I get Dolby Vision again.

The HDFury devices I own include: Linker, Integral, Vertex, Vertex 2, and Maestro TX/RX. The Vertex and Maestro are in use, which leave the Linker, Integral, and Vertex 2 available for making this work. Since it supports TCP/IP control, the Vertex 2 would probably be the preferred option.
Sorry i have way too much work those days, please bip me in about 1 week or so and i'll look at it again, just cannot consider all your parameters with already hundreds of setups details each day in mind, sorry just too tired atm for that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
OK, maybe it's a cable issue with TV because we had some blanking tonight while watching on the TV.
I've been reading through the thread trying to figure out if you ever worked this out -- I replaced an older Vertex with a Vertex2 a few days ago with my 5040, and I'm seeing the exact same issue. Cables don't seem to be the issue, as it is happening with any input (even a Chromecast plugged directly in, so no cables at all on the input side) and with multiple cables on the output. And bypassing the vertex2, there's no issue.

It sounds like the exact same problem -- every once in a while, a 1-2 second blanking of the screen. Annoying while watching a movie, but especially bad in the middle of playing a shooter on the Xbox. I had to replace the previously-fine Vertex when the scaling output HDMI port failed, and stepped up to the 2 assuming being newer hardware, it'd be physically more reliable. I'm concerned, now, that there may be a compatibility issue and I've wasted $400 and don't have a viable scaling option anymore. :(

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,721 Posts

So the thought is this:

HDCP = Auto
EDID = Automix Mode

Sorry i have way too much work those days, please bip me in about 1 week or so and i'll look at it again, just cannot consider all your parameters with already hundreds of setups details each day in mind, sorry just too tired atm for that.
So I just spent some time with my Vertex 2 and concluded that while the Vertex 2 can accomplish what I was looking for, the AppleTV 4K doesn't seamlessly switch back and forth between enabling and disabling Dolby Vision support. So you have to screw around with the settings on the AppleTV 4K each time, which makes what I was hoping to accomplish impractical.

The Vertex 2 configuration that worked was to set the EDID to Automix mode and then hook it up as follows:

Marantz AV8805 Video 2 Output > HDMI Cable > Vertex 2 Input 0
Vertex 2 TX0 > LG TV Input #2
Vertex 2 TX1 > Crestron Matrix Switch

When Vertex 2 Input 0 is connected to the LG and Crestron, Dolby Vision is disabled on the AppleTV, but 4K and HDR work fine.
When Vertex 2 Input 0 is connected to the LG and Vertex 2 Input 1 is connected to the Crestron, Dolby Vision is enabled on the AppleTV.

I found I sometimes had to switch the input routing a few times to force a handshake, but the Vertex 2 accomplished what I was asking for.

But since the AppleTV 4K essentially forces you to reconfigure the video each time you switch back and forth, it's not a usable solution.

·
Registered
617 Posts
HI Trevor,

We are in discussion and running tests for them (not sure what is difficult for them here, but we just follow their instructions to hopefully end up somewhere asap).
Below is their last email:

------------------------------
Sorry for the late reply. Now, I have added 3 devices namely,

Test IR 1 HDFury AV Switch,
Test IR 2 HDFury AV Switch,
Test IR 3 HDFury AV Switch

in your Harmony Hub room Harmony account (Elite remote) and added 6 test commands on each device. The first test device has IR version 1 and the second test has IR version 2 like third has IR version 3.
Just login to your Harmony account, connect the remote with your PC and complete the Sync. After that, manually turn the HDFury and then test Test IR 1 HDFury AV Switch from the device mode and check if all the commands are working. If not, check the test commands that I have added which start with the Test from the device mode and see if that 6 commands works.

Like the same way test
Test IR 2 HDFury AV Switch
device from the Harmony remote.

Let me know the outcome that which device profile works correctly and which test commands works correctly.

Test IR 1 HDFury AV Switch
and have 6 test commands
Test IR 2 HDFury AV Switch
and have 6 test commands
and have 6 test commands

---------------------------------

So we tested the above and all IR commands from their "Test IR 1 HDFury AV Switch", "Test IR 2 HDFury AV Switch" and "Test IR 3 HDFury AV Switch", all worked fine, but all their "6 test commands" failed. so we provided them with this feedback, now waiting their next move or next reply.

Just checking in if you have any updates?

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I've been reading through the thread trying to figure out if you ever worked this out -- I replaced an older Vertex with a Vertex2 a few days ago with my 5040, and I'm seeing the exact same issue. Cables don't seem to be the issue, as it is happening with any input (even a Chromecast plugged directly in, so no cables at all on the input side) and with multiple cables on the output. And bypassing the vertex2, there's no issue.

It sounds like the exact same problem -- every once in a while, a 1-2 second blanking of the screen. Annoying while watching a movie, but especially bad in the middle of playing a shooter on the Xbox. I had to replace the previously-fine Vertex when the scaling output HDMI port failed, and stepped up to the 2 assuming being newer hardware, it'd be physically more reliable. I'm concerned, now, that there may be a compatibility issue and I've wasted $400 and don't have a viable scaling option anymore. :(
What is the brand and length of the cables you are using please ?

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Just checking in if you have any updates?
Last email from them was 5 SEP when they wrote the below, unfortunately, none of that worked and we told them, no news since, while their previous tests added to our account worked. so i suggest everyone to send them email ([email protected]) and ask them to add the IR codeset to your account, they might do something for you directly, since it seems we are not of high priority for them.

Hi Team,

Again, I have added 3 devices with 3 different IR sets. Just Sync the remote to get the test device and check the device from the device mode (After turn on manually) to see if that works as expected. Let me know the outcome.

Best Regards,

Lokesh

Harmony - Data Support

·
Registered
318 Posts

I've had this happening twice within last few weeks. It blanks only picture (for a sec or two), sounds continues with no problem (I've Vertex between source and AV-receiver). I thought it was because some software updates with Apple TV (not because of Vertex), but your description matches this issue I think. So it is either source, that replaces picture with blank since there is no normal resync or Vertex.

2561 - 2580 of 2717 Posts