AVS Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 2936 Posts

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Good Morning.
I have a big audio issue with my Hdfury Vertex 2 and My Cambridge Audio 751r v2
My chain is:

Panasonic 65-HZ100 TV eARC HDMI 2 ---> Vertex2 TX0 output ---> Vertex2 Audio out ---> CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 751R V2 HDMI Input 2.

AUTOMIX is my EDID configuration --> AUDIO OUT.

Tre Cambridge don't recognize in the Audio input, in HDMI, from Xbox One, Ps4 or Panasonic Apps (Netflix, Amazon, ecc...)
For the Audio i use an Hdmi Copper Cable PANASONIC rp-che30.
It works one time and donato work, for a day, tre next time i switch on.

What's Wrong?
Many thanks.

Hi,

Do you have any issue playing any audio from source at Vertex2 input ?
If that works fine and only eARC is making issue, please send a config export when you are trying and add it as attachment to your reply.
I believe the issue is simply that you need a custom CDS that match the cambridge audio capabilities.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Do you have any issue playing any audio from source at Vertex2 input ?
If that works fine and only eARC is making issue, please send a config export when you are trying and add it as attachment to your reply.
I believe the issue is simply that you need a custom CDS that match the cambridge audio capabilities.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have issue with any audio.
But i have only earc audio input....
I'll try to semd my config...

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have issue with any audio.
But i have only earc audio input....
I'll try to semd my config...
Yes i understand you currently have issue with eARC and i think i know the reason, you need a cds that match your sound system.
I asked if source at HDMI input play audio well because that is an indicator that confirm the theory, so if you can try it and report back it would help a bit, but if you can send config export then i can find out on my own from that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
[QUOTE = "HDfury, post: 60142755, membro: 8693105"]
Sì, capisco che attualmente hai problemi con eARC e penso di sapere il motivo, hai bisogno di un cd che corrisponda al tuo sistema audio.
Ho chiesto se la sorgente sull'ingresso HDMI riproduce bene l'audio perché questo è un indicatore che conferma la teoria, quindi se puoi provarlo e riportarlo sarebbe un po 'd'aiuto, ma se puoi inviare l'esportazione della configurazione, posso scoprirlo da solo da quello.
[/ CITAZIONE]

Ok ho capito.
Altrimenti, l'HDMI funziona perfettamente quando invio un altro ingresso (Oppo BDP, Switch, ecc .... non EARC)
Molte grazie per il vostro aiuto.
Sei così gentile ..

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
In ti
Yes i understand you currently have issue with eARC and i think i know the reason, you need a cds that match your sound system.
I asked if source at HDMI input play audio well because that is an indicator that confirm the theory, so if you can try it and report back it would help a bit, but if you can send config export then i can find out on my own from that.
I send you my config.
In this moment the AUDIO works, but don't recognize the PCM 7.1 from XBOX ONEX or PS4.
In my Cambridge i can read ..." PCM 2.0" .
That not match the output from the VERTEX2..

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
In ti

I send you my config.
In this moment the AUDIO works, but don't recognize the PCM 7.1 from XBOX ONEX or PS4.
In my Cambridge i can read ..." PCM 2.0" .
That not match the output from the VERTEX2..
Ok a few issues on that config:

- The audio signal when you exported that config is: L-PCM 48kHz 7.1ch 24bit if your AVR does not recognize it, verify from TX1 (but in such case first change EDID > AUTOMIX > AUDIO FLAG to TX1 and restart your source and also fix the others issues below first)

- Uncheck the option you selected in EDID > AUTOMIX > MATRIX COPY and restart your source.

- Uncheck the option you selected in ARC/CEC > ATMOS/DD+ (that is not for eARC, only for ARC) and restart Vertex2.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Okay. Follow up RE the issue of getting a “no input” when starting up my system. Purchased an HDfury HDMI 60ft cable and swapped it in. Issue just happened again this morning. Attaching config.

it’s gotta be something on the Vertex 2 side of things. I never ran into this when using the integral 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok a few issues on that config:

- The audio signal when you exported that config is: L-PCM 48kHz 7.1ch 24bit if your AVR does not recognize it, verify from TX1 (but in such case first change EDID > AUTOMIX > AUDIO FLAG to TX1 and restart your source and also fix the others issues below first)

- Uncheck the option you selected in EDID > AUTOMIX > MATRIX COPY and restart your source.

- Uncheck the option you selected in ARC/CEC > ATMOS/DD+ (that is not for eARC, only for ARC) and restart Vertex2.
Good Afternoon.
I try Your config, but it doesn't work.
Any audio from tre speakers.
So, after restart my Ps4, 6,7 or 8 times... the Cambridge recognize only PCM 2.0.
Ps4 is on the Hdmi 0 Input .
In attached my "new" config.
Please, help me..

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Sonos Arc and needed to get Atmos sound to the Arc and HDMI 4K video to the projector. HDFury recommended I buy the vertex2 and the new ARCANA. I have my AppleTv 4K connected via the vertex2 HDMI0 port. Out of the back I am connected via HDMI to TX0 and this goes to the ARCANA for input. I then have eArc sound coming out of ARCANA to the Sonos Arc and the HDMI video going to the projector. The problem is that I am getting no video or audio signal. The vertex 2 shows no signal leaving the unit, despite video and audio signal coming into vertex 2 from HDMI0

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Okay. Follow up RE the issue of getting a “no input” when starting up my system. Purchased an HDfury HDMI 60ft cable and swapped it in. Issue just happened again this morning. Attaching config.

it’s gotta be something on the Vertex 2 side of things. I never ran into this when using the integral 2.
I suppose you have something else than just source at Vertex2 input ? like an AVR or something ?

While waiting for your answer, please flash the firmware i sent you via PM.
If issue manifest with it, go in webserver > CONFIG and set a reboot timer and you should be fine.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Good Afternoon.
I try Your config, but it doesn't work.
Any audio from tre speakers.
So, after restart my Ps4, 6,7 or 8 times... the Cambridge recognize only PCM 2.0.
Ps4 is on the Hdmi 0 Input .
In attached my "new" config.
Please, help me..
I think you are making a mistake somewhere here, because you first said you are using eARC, but here on your config, sound is from source to AVR.
Where is your AVR output connected ? because if your AVR output goes to your TV and Vertex2 output goes to same TV, then this cannot work, a TV only accept one AUDIO SYSTEM w/ARC, so one of them must be disconnected from TV or set its ARC function OFF.

On the config you sent, all is perfectly fine 5.1 in / 5.1 out, so issue is elsewhere. i suggest you send email to handle your issue so you got reply faster.
hdfuryhelp at gmail.com

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
I have the Sonos Arc and needed to get Atmos sound to the Arc and HDMI 4K video to the projector. HDFury recommended I buy the vertex2 and the new ARCANA. I have my AppleTv 4K connected via the vertex2 HDMI0 port. Out of the back I am connected via HDMI to TX0 and this goes to the ARCANA for input. I then have eArc sound coming out of ARCANA to the Sonos Arc and the HDMI video going to the projector. The problem is that I am getting no video or audio signal. The vertex 2 shows no signal leaving the unit, despite video and audio signal coming into vertex 2 from HDMI0
If you have SONOS Arc and ARCANA, please join our support server, we have all answers for you already available and make sure you have updated ARCANA to latest 0.74 (0.75 will be posted later today).

Join the HDfury Discord Server!

Post in Vertex2 channel, owners of our other devices have priority (but we still answer anyone immediately) and we will get you working perfectly in no time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I suppose you have something else than just source at Vertex2 input ? like an AVR or something ?

While waiting for your answer, please flash the firmware i sent you via PM.
If issue manifest with it, go in webserver > CONFIG and set a reboot timer and you should be fine.
Yup, Marantz AVR. As previously mentioned though, it doesn't make much sense that its an AVR issue, as I used the AVR for months with the Integral 2 and 600Mhz content, without seeing this issue.

I replied to your PM. Firmware's been applied. I'll let you know if it resolves the issue, and will apply the timer as you suggested if it crops up again.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Yup, Marantz AVR. As previously mentioned though, it doesn't make much sense that its an AVR issue, as I used the AVR for months with the Integral 2 and 600Mhz content, without seeing this issue.

I replied to your PM. Firmware's been applied. I'll let you know if it resolves the issue, and will apply the timer as you suggested if it crops up again.

Thanks for your help.
Yes let me know, that should fix it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any tricks to getting dolby vision working on ATV4k with epson tw9400? I have dv working with custom sony a1 and lg profiles and auto when using the ub820 but displays not support on the epson when I try dolby vision on the ATV4k

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any tricks to getting dolby vision working on ATV4k with epson tw9400? I have dv working with custom sony a1 and lg profiles and auto when using the ub820 but displays not support on the epson when I try dolby vision on the ATV4k
Please post your config file so we can view your settings.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Use Custom EDID10.
Any issue send config export when trying.
Make sure you have latest ATV 14.0.2 and restarted, it should prompt for DV test when seeing DV capable sink.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am having an issue that has nothing to do with the Vertex2, but I was wondering if I could solve the problem with the Vertex2. I was trying to send 1080p 3D content from the Plex App on my AppleTV to my Epson UB6050 (Top Bottom 3D). The Epson doesn't recognize the content as 3D and doesn't seem to be able to be forced into 3D mode. Is it possible to set a 3D Flag in the config of the Vertex2 Output to the PJ?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
@HDfury - It's obviously easy to create a Dolby VSDB now thanks to the DV tab, but is there a way (utility or spreadsheet etc) to decode a Dolby VSDB?

I'm currently testing for a media player company and the Vertex has been invaluable during the process, but we're having issues with a particular TV manufacturer with regards to DV compatibility with both LLDV and tunnelled 8-bit standard DV and there are a few DV strings I need to decode.

Any help appreciated...

2621 - 2640 of 2936 Posts