AVS Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2763 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am having an issue that has nothing to do with the Vertex2, but I was wondering if I could solve the problem with the Vertex2. I was trying to send 1080p 3D content from the Plex App on my AppleTV to my Epson UB6050 (Top Bottom 3D). The Epson doesn't recognize the content as 3D and doesn't seem to be able to be forced into 3D mode. Is it possible to set a 3D Flag in the config of the Vertex2 Output to the PJ?
Hi there top and bottom content do not have a 3d flag. 3d content in this form requires a way to manually set the projector into 3d.
I think you should contact epson about this. As there should be a way to enter forced 3d mode if the display supports top and bottom content.
Frame packed 3d is the only 3d that looks any different then regular movies to the display as the player decodes the MVC 3d and send it to the projector. I expect the issue is plex or the playback device.

·
Registered
32 Posts
@HDfury - It's obviously easy to create a Dolby VSDB now thanks to the DV tab, but is there a way (utility or spreadsheet etc) to decode a Dolby VSDB?

I'm currently testing for a media player company and the Vertex has been invaluable during the process, but we're having issues with a particular TV manufacturer with regards to DV compatibility with both LLDV and tunnelled 8-bit standard DV and there are a few DV strings I need to decode.

Any help appreciated...
Hi there Mark
Maybe the extron edid utility can do this.

I am not sure of any other Utilities that can do this.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hi there Mark
Maybe the extron edid utility can do this.

I am not sure of any other Utilities that can do this.
Fantastic - I'll have a look at that one, I've not seen that before.

In the meantime I did a quick and dirty fix and connected two vertexes back to back and loaded an EDID into one and read the VSDB on the other! Always more than one way to skin a cat :)

Mark

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Apparently Logitech Fixed their DB. following model are available to match Vertex2 IR codeset 1(default), 2 and 3.

Based on your feedback, we have added the models in our database. Now, you can direct the users to directly add the respective models with its IR version.

HDFury
Model : Vertex 2 (IR version),

HDFury
Model: Vertex 2 (IR version 2)

HDFury
Model:Vertex 2 (IR version 3).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! Can anyone help me...
I want buy the Vertex2 just to have dolby Vision in my Samsung Q759500RB, i need to configure the Vertex? How?
I'm totally newbie!!
Many thanks to you guys

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please follow the setup guide as per the second link. Also you can read through here

and the setup guide here

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Hi! This is setup for projector, i needthe setup for qled samsung; i don’t think is the same...
Yes those are instructions for a Sony projector that uses a DCI-P3 color profile rather than a BT2020 color profile that most HDR TVs have. I also hope owners of other projectors don't all follow the advice to set max luminance values of 100 nits as recommended in that post. o_O I have a JVC and use the same 1000 nit values that the post recommends to only use for Sony projectors. It all depends on the static HDR curve employed by the projector.

Back to your situation...

For your Samsung, all you should need to do is simply:

On the EDID tab, configure custom EDID 10 which has BT2020 primaries.

On the HDR tab enable the Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV check box.

That's all. Dolby Vision capable players will see that LLDV is supported. HDR10 and SDR will still be supported.

The 1000 nit Max Luminance value default for the Dolby Vision data block in EDID 10, and the 1000 nit default Max Luminance in the custom HDR section should be OK for your Samsung. I think most QLEDs can reach 1000 nits peak brightness for HDR. EDID 10 will tell your players that your TV can reach 1000 nits max brightness. The players will tone map Dolby Vision to LLDV with a max luminance 1000 nits. The custom HDR added to the LLDV will tell your Samsung that the HDR max luminance is 1000 nits.

You can make adjustments later if you want once you get it working. Perhaps changing the custom HDR value for Max Luminance to 1000 instead of 4000 if your Samsung uses that value to adjust its tone mapping curve.

Reactions: HDfury

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Yes those are instructions for a Sony projector that uses a DCI-P3 color profile rather than a BT2020 color profile that most HDR TVs have. I also hope owners of other projectors don't all follow the advice to set max luminance values of 100 nits as recommended in that post. o_O I have a JVC and use the same 1000 nit values that the post recommends to only use for Sony projectors. It all depends on the static HDR curve employed by the projector.

On the HDR tab enable the Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV check box.

That's all. Dolby Vision capable players will see that LLDV is supported. HDR10 and SDR will still be supported.

The 1000 nit Max Luminance value default for the Dolby Vision data block in EDID 10, and the 1000 nit default Max Luminance in the custom HDR section should be OK for your Samsung. I think most QLEDs can reach 1000 nits peak brightness for HDR. EDID 10 will tell your players that your TV can reach 1000 nits max brightness. The players will tone map Dolby Vision to LLDV with a max luminance 1000 nits. The custom HDR added to the LLDV will tell your Samsung that the HDR max luminance is 1000 nits.

You can make adjustments later if you want once you get it working. Perhaps changing the custom HDR value for Max Luminance to 1000 instead of 4000 if your Samsung uses that value to adjust its tone mapping curve.
Perfect answer !
Quality of answers you are giving lately are just outstanding, i think you should have a wallet printed somewhere so people can send you tip.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Vertex2 - FW0.58

This update is NOT mandatory.
Anyone willing to update and provide feedback is welcome.

IMPORTANT: This update have CEC changes, we are mainly looking for feedback on CEC issues popping up once flashed on your unit or CEC issues getting solved with it in your setup.

######### What's new on FW 0.58 #########

1. eARC routine update. (Based on Arcana)

2. New routines for Older Pioneer AVR at Audio out. (Based on Sharc/thenaudio.com)

3. CEC changes: on this firmware and forward we don't clear the physical addressing anymore with hotplug/rsense off in the TX0 port
previously the EDID would get cleared to zero on rsense low but since now some sink erroneously keep rsense high while hotplug low so this is taken into account
it will also keep the CEC network more stable when devices enter standby and back up.

4. Last update also added Reboot Timer that was not previously mentioned in the release post (refer to ReadMe.txt from latest release)

If you need special version of it : Email, PM or our Discord support server, here: Join the HDfury Discord Server! .

Make sure to refresh your browser (CTRL + F5) or clear your internet cache after update.

Download link:
https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex2_FW_58.zip

·
Registered
41 Posts
Apparently Logitech Fixed their DB. following model are available to match Vertex2 IR codeset 1(default), 2 and 3.

Based on your feedback, we have added the models in our database. Now, you can direct the users to directly add the respective models with its IR version.

HDFury

HDFury

HDFury
Question 1. How do I tell which version I have in order to add the correct one to my Harmony Elite?

Question 2. My Vertex2 has just been delivered to replace an AVR Key that has died and looking at the manual I feel totally out of my depth. Can you link me to a SIMPLE set up guide please. I stress the word SIMPLE because trust me that’s what is required here.

I want to connect ATV 4k, Nvidia Shield 4k, Amazon 4k TV box and Sky Q HDR box. Display is an HDR capable LG TV and sound is an ATMOS capable LG sound bar.

I am old, not tech minded and I do not recognise or understand mnemonics such as EDIDS etc.

If you can help me through the setting up of the above in the simplest and least traumatic manner I will be extremely impressed. Given that I came within an inch of throwing the entire kit out of a window setting up the old AVR Key I hope you will understand that I do not exaggerate when using the word ‘SIMPLE’.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Question 1. How do I tell which version I have in order to add the correct one to my Harmony Elite?

Question 2. My Vertex2 has just been delivered to replace an AVR Key that has died and looking at the manual I feel totally out of my depth. Can you link me to a SIMPLE set up guide please. I stress the word SIMPLE because trust me that’s what is required here.

I want to connect ATV 4k, Nvidia Shield 4k, Amazon 4k TV box and Sky Q HDR box. Display is an HDR capable LG TV and sound is an ATMOS capable LG sound bar.

I am old, not tech minded and I do not recognise or understand mnemonics such as EDIDS etc.

If you can help me through the setting up of the above in the simplest and least traumatic manner I will be extremely impressed. Given that I came within an inch of throwing the entire kit out of a window setting up the old AVR Key I hope you will understand that I do not exaggerate when using the word ‘SIMPLE’.

Thank you in advance.
Question 1) Default IR code set is number 1 on Vertex2, so using first listed option is fine. you only need to use 2 or 3 from Harmony DB if you set ir code set 2 or 3 in Vertex2 > webserver > config page.

Question 2) connect all your sources at input, connect TX0 to TV input and AUDIO OUT to SOUNDBAR INPUT and turns on everything. If problem, make sure you have a LAN/ethernet cable from Vertex2 to your local router/switch and see the IP addy reported on Vertex2 OLED, use any computer or phone/tablet on same network and type that IP in any browser, you will access webserver, from there go in CONFIG page, scroll down and click EXPORT CONFIG, add this file to your reply as attachment if you need help.

You can join our support server on discord if you need step by step help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Question 1) Default IR code set is number 1 on Vertex2, so using first listed option is fine. you only need to use 2 or 3 from Harmony DB if you set ir code set 2 or 3 in Vertex2 > webserver > config page.

Question 2) connect all your sources at input, connect TX0 to TV input and AUDIO OUT to SOUNDBAR INPUT and turns on everything. If problem, make sure you have a LAN/ethernet cable from Vertex2 to your local router/switch and see the IP addy reported on Vertex2 OLED, use any computer or phone/tablet on same network and type that IP in any browser, you will access webserver, from there go in CONFIG page, scroll down and click EXPORT CONFIG, add this file to your reply as attachment if you need help.

You can join our support server on discord if you need step by step help.
Thank you for responding so quickly. I will try the above but if I do require step by step help how do I access/what is support server and discord please?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you for responding so quickly. I will try the above but if I do require step by step help how do I access/what is support server and discord please?
Click the link
this will bring you to the discord help channels.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks, i'll try and tell you if is good!!!

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
I knew buying this would do my head in 🤬. I’m properly out of my depth and getting very frustrated.
you can use forum if you have difficulties joining discord, this being said, our Dean on discord is 80 yo, so anyone should be able to join it too ;)

For the moment, the only thing important is to connect everything as per my previous message and have the unit connected to your LAN (to a router or ethernet switch RJ45 port on your network) in order for IP addy to appear on Vertex2 OLED and be able to access the webserver. once you have webserver access, then we can easily get you working.

·
Registered
41 Posts
you can use forum if you have difficulties joining discord, this being said, our Dean on discord is 80 yo, so anyone should be able to join it too ;)

For the moment, the only thing important is to connect everything as per my previous message and have the unit connected to your LAN (to a router or ethernet switch RJ45 port on your network) in order for IP addy to appear on Vertex2 OLED and be able to access the webserver. once you have webserver access, then we can easily get you working.
I have connection to LAN via a switch and can see the Vertex2. I have downloaded and updated the FW to 58.
I have all my inputs (ATV etc) connected. And then .......

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
I have connection to LAN via a switch and can see the Vertex2. I have downloaded and updated the FW to 58.
I have all my inputs (ATV etc) connected. And then .......
And then, go in webserver (by entering Vertex2 IP that appears on Vertex2 OLED on any browser address bar) and then go in CONFIG and scroll down and click EXPORT CONFIG, then save the file and add it to you reply here as attachment (do this when everything is ON)

·
Registered
631 Posts

HDFury

HDFury

HDFury
It finally works! Thank you for all of your efforts.

-Trevor

2641 - 2660 of 2763 Posts