AVS Forum banner

2661 - 2680 of 2763 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
I have a problem, almost every time I turn on my AV system (the Vertex2 is on all the time), I don't get any signal and I need to unplug an plug again my vertex2 to get a picture.
my system configuration is:

ATV4K connect to Anthem720 connect to VERTEX2 in input1 , Out#0 connect to JVC projector 7900 and out#1 connect to Pioneer kuro plasma (old model FHD only).

attach is my vertex configuration file.

best regards

Vania.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there Vania. Please see the ReadMeFirst.txt in the newest firmware update. Please set a reboot timer for when you are not watching and before you usually turn on your equipment. This should fix your issue.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Hi
I have a problem, almost every time I turn on my AV system (the Vertex2 is on all the time), I don't get any signal and I need to unplug an plug again my vertex2 to get a picture.
my system configuration is:

ATV4K connect to Anthem720 connect to VERTEX2 in input1 , Out#0 connect to JVC projector 7900 and out#1 connect to Pioneer kuro plasma (old model FHD only).

attach is my vertex configuration file.

best regards

Vania.
Just use latest firmware and set a reboot time in webserver > config

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Hi

Can you give some explanation on these parameter, reboot time from when? which number to put? is it time after startup? periodically time ?

Vania
Reboot timer happens after your last video activity.

If you set 5H, it will auto reboot in 5H after your last video session (or use)
So let's say you usually stop watching at midnight and usually turn it up again at 9AM the next day, you could set 6, 7 or 8h to be safe, if you turn off at midnight usually and usually start again at 8PM, then you could set 17, 18 or 19H, etc...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi gang!

My head is about to explode with what I am reading about the HDFury Vertex2 ....so much to learn.

Wondering if users can advise if HDFury Vertex2 adds a wow factory to your viewing pleasure if your PJ has been ISF calibrated? I have an Epson tx9400 with two settings added by a guru...they are SDR & HDR.

I am not a calibrator's boot lace and partially red/green colour blind but I can appreciate a great picture. But tweaking colours is not my forte!

For info my setup is:-

Nvidia Shield TV Pro
Panasonic UB820
Fed into a Monolith HTP-1 and out to the aforementioned Epson TW9400 that is ISF calibrated.

So basically I'd like to know if it is worth the expense and effort??

·
Registered
41 Posts
And then, go in webserver (by entering Vertex2 IP that appears on Vertex2 OLED on any browser address bar) and then go in CONFIG and scroll down and click EXPORT CONFIG, then save the file and add it to you reply here as attachment (do this when everything is ON)
Config attached
And then, go in webserver (by entering Vertex2 IP that appears on Vertex2 OLED on any browser address bar) and then go in CONFIG and scroll down and click EXPORT CONFIG, then save the file and add it to you reply here as attachment (do this when everything is ON)
Config attached

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Config attached

Config attached
No control of any input. When I manage to, for example, get the SkyQ box to connect (and that isn’t guaranteed) then change channel the screen goes blank followed by the LG on screen message that nothing is connected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi gang!

My head is about to explode with what I am reading about the HDFury Vertex2 ....so much to learn.

Wondering if users can advise if HDFury Vertex2 adds a wow factory to your viewing pleasure if your PJ has been ISF calibrated? I have an Epson tx9400 with two settings added by a guru...they are SDR & HDR.

I am not a calibrator's boot lace and partially red/green colour blind but I can appreciate a great picture. But tweaking colours is not my forte!

For info my setup is:-

Nvidia Shield TV Pro
Panasonic UB820
Fed into a Monolith HTP-1 and out to the aforementioned Epson TW9400 that is ISF calibrated.

So basically I'd like to know if it is worth the expense and effort??
The vertex 2 can add Low Level dolby vision converted to HDR. If this is something that interests you.
Please see

·
Registered
32 Posts
No control of any input. When I manage to, for example, get the SkyQ box to connect (and that isn’t guaranteed) then change channel the screen goes blank followed by the LG on screen message that nothing is connected.
Please list the items you have connected to the vertex 2. Input 0, input 1, input 2, input 3.

How are you trying to control this? As I see earlier you wanted IR control. But you have CEC control turned on now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I bought the vertex2 recently and it works straight out of the box with little changes to the config. But i've noticed that my tv refuses to show a signal after everything has been off overnight, and my girlfriend can't fix it so wakes me up in the morning which is a nightmare :)

I read somewhere there is a reboot timer option, I can't find this and need help to configure it (how and where). Also, is this really needed? it seems silly to me the unit needs to reboot after a certain amount of downtime.

many thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there,

I bought the vertex2 recently and it works straight out of the box with little changes to the config. But i've noticed that my tv refuses to show a signal after everything has been off overnight, and my girlfriend can't fix it so wakes me up in the morning which is a nightmare :)

I read somewhere there is a reboot timer option, I can't find this and need help to configure it (how and where). Also, is this really needed? it seems silly to me the unit needs to reboot after a certain amount of downtime.

many thanks
On the first section of the ‘config’ page, half way down “REBOOT TIMER (hours).”

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Hi there,

many thanks
Yes reboot timer can help here for the moment, and we might have update soon to resolve it without need of reboot timer. You need latest firmware to have Reboot timer, i'll send you by PM.check it.

2661 - 2680 of 2763 Posts