AVS Forum banner

2681 - 2700 of 2741 Posts

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I’ve unticked ‘Enable CEC’. Is that it? Should I now be able to use Harmony remote?
Use firmware sent by PM please.
If you think you have CEC issue: you can just use TX1 to TV to see if that solves it, if yes that confirm CEC, or you can just turning off CEC on TV or from source.
to use IR, just use latest firmware and download latest IR code for Vertex2 from logitech DB.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes have you tested it?
If you continue to have issues please send an email to
contact [at] hdfury.com |
I did a power cycle. No difference in that I cannot use Harmony remote. I have to use each remote for each input including the sound bar remote for volume. TV remote for TV etc. 6x remotes! Also to make the Vertex switch inputs I have to power cycle the input. That can’t be right can it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Morgee I have sent firmware via pm for you to test. Please use this and any issues please email us.
Use firmware sent by PM please.
If you think you have CEC issue: you can just use TX1 to TV to see if that solves it, if yes that confirm CEC, or you can just turning off CEC on TV or from source.
to use IR, just use latest firmware and download latest IR code for Vertex2 from logitech DB.
You've sent two. Which one do I use?

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I did a power cycle. No difference in that I cannot use Harmony remote. I have to use each remote for each input including the sound bar remote for volume. TV remote for TV etc. 6x remotes! Also to make the Vertex switch inputs I have to power cycle the input. That can’t be right can it?
Delete the profile you downloaded from Logitech DB, and download again:
Manufacturer : HDfury
Device: Vertex2 (and not Vertex or Vertex1)

Make sure the IR windows of Vertex2 (on the left on front panel) is in line of sight with your remote when you point your remote at it and try switching input.
If you are not in line of sight, you may need to use IR extender, if you use extender cable for IR, make sure you connect it to IR SENSOR input just next to the IR windows on the left of front panel.

Try switching input with IR command: inputsel0 ,inputsel1, inputsel2, inputsel3

·
Registered
41 Posts

Make sure the IR windows of Vertex2 (on the left on front panel) is in line of sight with your remote when you point your remote at it and try switching input.
If you are not in line of sight, you may need to use IR extender, if you use extender cable for IR, make sure you connect it to IR SENSOR input just next to the IR windows on the left of front panel.

Do I need to have line of sight of the IR window (messy given it's location. All the HDMI cables will then face out into the room and be clearly visible) or the extender (more visible cable) given my Harmony remote is the Elite model having it's own hub?

"Try switching input with IR command: inputsel0 ,inputsel1, inputsel2, inputsel3" With what? Not Harmony remote on my phone?

·
Registered
41 Posts

I've done the FW and connected as instructed. Nothing changes. I'm unable to change or control anything with the Harmony remote. It seemed initially to work but then not and I now require all of the various individual remotes for this to work in any way. Config attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I do that and it then asks is it (IR version or IR version 2 or 3). Which is it because it’s still not working.

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Do I need to have line of sight of the IR window (messy given it's location. All the HDMI cables will then face out into the room and be clearly visible) or the extender (more visible cable) given my Harmony remote is the Elite model having it's own hub?

"Try switching input with IR command: inputsel0 ,inputsel1, inputsel2, inputsel3" With what? Not Harmony remote on my phone?
If you have only a remote,then of course remote must be in line of sight with Vertex2 IR windows (or Vertex2 IR extender if you use that in IR sensor port)
If you have hub, then it's hub that must be in line of sight with either IR windows or IR extender cable if you use that in IR sensor port.
That should be just logical/common sense i guess.

Switching inputs is done from commands available in IR code list on Harmony DB, so whatever you use for IR control with Harmony should have Vertex2 profile and IR code version loaded and then all commands become available and can be used. I just gave you the particular name of the commands to switch same inputs to both outputs (splitter mode), there is 8 others commands to switch each input to each output separately (matrix mode)

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I've done the FW and connected as instructed. Nothing changes. I'm unable to change or control anything with the Harmony remote. It seemed initially to work but then not and I now require all of the various individual remotes for this to work in any way. Config attached.
Firmware is ok and IR code set is default 1
So from Vertex2 point of view, you are fine here.

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I do that and it then asks is it (IR version or IR version 2 or 3). Which is it because it’s still not working.
Default is IR version (that match IR codeset1 in webserver > config as you have set by default on the above posted config)
IR Version 2 or IR Version 3 can be used if in Webserver > Config > you select IR codeset2 or IR codeset3 respectively.

Now in order to get you up and running faster, please confirm to me if you use IR windows directly on Vertex2 or if you put the IR extender cable in IR sensor ?
And if you can and still problem, please send a picture of your setup that show where you have your harmony hub and where is Vertex2 or its IR extender cable if you use that instead.

You can also check all our help video on our youtube channel, here is one done with previous IR code, we will make another one with newest Harmony DB in the next days:

You can see on that video, that Harmony HUB is in line of sight with Vertex2.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hello @HDfury

I mentioned previously an issue with saved config restoration in firmware 0.57. The issue is reproduceable in 0.58 too. If a user has Autoswitch inputs set as 'ON SENSE' it will not be saved in the config file, the config file saves as 'OFF'. Please ask your team if this setting is possible to be saved, or if users need to remember to change this setting after every update.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Hello @HDfury

I mentioned previously an issue with saved config restoration in firmware 0.57. The issue is reproduceable in 0.58 too. If a user has Autoswitch inputs set as 'ON SENSE' it will not be saved in the config file, the config file saves as 'OFF'. Please ask your team if this setting is possible to be saved, or if users need to remember to change this setting after every update.

Thanks
It's on us, will be arranged on next update, very minor/easy one, sorry for it.
To be exact, export is correct and save it properly as: "autosw": "2", (On Sense)
But importing config back after update does not restore it as "autosw": "2",(On Sense) but as "autosw": "0", (OFF)

·
Registered
41 Posts
It appears I’m now able to use the Harmony Elite remote and hub to watch the SkyQ input via the Vertex2. A start. However if somebody can help me to avoid a shed load of posts by explaining, in simple terms, how I go about multi quoting in order to address a few posts/questions above in a single post I’d be obliged. TIA

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am thinking of getting a Vertex2 and before I purchase can someone explain where is the Vertex2 connected?

In my system I have:-

Monolith HTP-1 (Processor) with 8 hdmi inputs (I am only using 3) and two HDMI outputs - only use one to go to my projector.
1/ Is the Vertex2 connected to the output of the HTP-1 and then connected to the projector with the 3 devices connected to the HTP-1? or...
2/ Vertex2 connected to the output of the HTP-1 and then connected to the projector with the 3 devices connected to the Vertex2?...if this is the way then how do I get audio to the HTP-1?

Sorry if this has been answered previously but as I am suffering with 'lockdown syndrome' I would really appreciate your help
TIA

2681 - 2700 of 2741 Posts