AVS Forum banner

3541 - 3560 of 3584 Posts

·
Super Moderator
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
10,338 Posts
Hello. I switches from Vertex to Vertex 2 because of some instability on the JVC projector with 4K60 HDR. This is now fixed with Vertex2. Great so far. I used the Vertex as a splitter from my NAD M17. One input and two outputs. I have a funny problem with the TV which is on Port 0. Picture works stable in HLG so i don't think the problem is the HDMI cable. But on different settings (1080p50 or 4K) when i change the volume on the NAD the TV makes a HDMI handshake with the Vertex/NAD again... it's mostly the time by changing volume or muting. The TV is a LG OLED B6.

Any idea what can cause the problem? Firmware is 0.60 on Vertex 2.

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Ben
Did you disable ARC (audio return channel) in your TV?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes i tried both with and without ARC... Normally i didn't need and use it. I will post the config later.

What does it mean "Android TV fix" option?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm using a Samsung Q70T TV. I have CEC on and earc on auto. The cable box goes into HDMI0 on the Vertex2. The Vertex 2 is connected to HDMI3 (earc) on the TV.
The Vertex copies the incoming audio from the cable box to audio out, not the earc audio.
I tried to force earc on the CEC/EARC page but it does nothing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm using a Samsung Q70T TV. I have CEC on and earc on auto. The cable box goes into HDMI0 on the Vertex2. The Vertex 2 is connected to HDMI3 (earc) on the TV.
The Vertex copies the incoming audio from the cable box to audio out, not the earc audio.
I tried to force earc on the CEC/EARC page but it does nothing.
Solved by power off/on.
Next issue is it only works for cable TV but not for the built in apps like Netflix and Prime.
How do I enable that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
For clarification's sake, you previously mentioned...

For the EDID page, I have selected Automix (my TV does Dolby Vision and my Yamaha Soundbar does all Audio and Atmos). For the DV page I have selected DV Interface - "Standard DV and Low Latency".

The DV Data Block settings on the DV page are only applied when in Automix mode and the DV FLAGS: CUSTOM DV STRING DV FLAGS: CUSTOM DV STRING check box is enabled. Per your posted config, you do not have the DV flag enabled.

Because you are sending full TV-led Dolby Vision, there is no need to enable the DV flag or set the DV Interface. Automix by itself is all that is needed; your player will handshake with the TV to determine how to send Dolby Vision. Your setting of the DV interface is not needed and will be ignored. No change is needed. Just letting you know that the DV Interface setting is not used in your case.

If you enabled the Automix DV flag, and you made no changes to the rest of the DV data block fields, the Vertex 2 would be telling the player the Dolby Vision attributes of a Sony TV, not your TV. I don't think you want to do that.
Thank you claw!

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Do have the original M17 that is 1080P or M17 V2 that is 4K? I assume it must be the V2 if you have the Vertex 2 connected to the M17 HDMI output.

From the config you have CEC turned ON and configured as Audio Processor.

If you are not using the Vertex 2 HDMI audio output set CEC to video processor and test.

If you have routed the Vertex HDMI audio output to an M17 HDMI input in order to get LG ARC audio routed to the M17, then leave CEC as Audio Processor. But you should try turning CEC and ARC to OFF in the M17 in this case.

In either case, you should try turning CEC and ARC to OFF in the M17 if you are not routing ARC audio to it directly from the LG.

Reactions: BennyTurbo

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah sorry its NAD M17V2 and i am using the 4K HDMI output. It was on Video Processor and no CEC before. Didn't change anything. Both the same.
I interesting, so when i want to use ARC from LG TV, i need to connect Audio Out (3rd HDMI out) to the input. At the NAD CEC and ARC is off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This was a fix for some sony tvs. This is not needed any longer.
What does this option? I tried it on the LG TV and it seems working with that option ticked. No handshakes at the moment.

Before when i had this option off, when i turn the volume 1 down 1 high or mute then LG TV starts the handshake. And this is the same when i used internal BluSound playback from the NAD.

·
Registered
539 Posts
What does this option? I tried it on the LG TV and it seems working with that option ticked. No handshakes at the moment.

Before when i had this option off, when i turn the volume 1 down 1 high or mute then LG TV starts the handshake. And this is the same when i used internal BluSound playback from the NAD.
It is best you post the config file and explain your issue.
As setting random things is not going to help.
Please post a current config file and issue you are having since claw answered you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It is best you post the config file and explain your issue.
As setting random things is not going to help.
Please post a current config file and issue you are having since claw answered you.
I posted it few hours ago. Here actual version again.

My problem is: By changing volume on the NAD M17 V2 the LG TV lost the picture and a HDMI handshake. On the JVC N5 projector this is not a problem. It's only on the TV. Firmware of LG TV is newest.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Config attached.

Cable TV box -> Vertex HDMI0
Vertex TX0 -> TV HDMI3 (earc)
Vertex Audio out to AVR (Meridian HD621 via MHR to G61R). Can not handle DD+ or Atmos.

I get audio out for Cable TV but not for the internal TV apps like Netflix or Prime.

Looking at old posts on page ~30-33 in this thread I see a similar issue was reported. For some reason the Vertex2 couldn't read the EDID from the HD621.
If I set Automix audio flag to "Audio Out" I do get sound via eArc from the cable TV source.
That doesn't work for the sound from the internal TV apps for some reason. I need that to come over eArc so I can't connect to TX1, that just gives me the incoming HDMI sources to choose from.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
I just purchased an ATV4K, it works fine, the picture is great, but i cant seem to get the vertex to recognize SDR1080p snd switch the mode in my PJ using thd rs232

Hello Claw, we were talking on discord !

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Yeah sorry its NAD M17V2 and i am using the 4K HDMI output. It was on Video Processor and no CEC before. Didn't change anything. Both the same.
I interesting, so when i want to use ARC from LG TV, i need to connect Audio Out (3rd HDMI out) to the input. At the NAD CEC and ARC is off.
You can get ARC from the LG in two ways;
  • Direct Connect from LG HDMI ARC input to M17V2 HDMI ARC output.
  • Or connect the Vertex 2 TX0 HDMI output to the LG HDMI ARC input, and connect the Vertex 2 HDMI audio output to a free M17 HDMI input. Select that M17 input when using LG internal Apps.

I found that in my case the second option works the best with my Denon AVR, after I determined I needed to turn off CEC and ARC in the Denon to prevent ARC audio skipping. In this configuration the Denon doesn't need to perform any ARC processing since the audio is received via an HDMI input, not the HDMI ARC output. Plus, I don't need to run two HDMI cables to the TV; one from the HDfury and one from the Denon.

In the HDfury CEC/EARC tab, I have:

CEC Enabled.
CEC Type: Audio Processor.
Enabled DD+/ATMOS over ARC (Keep it unchecked for eARC) because my LG has ARC and not EARC.
ARC and EARC modes set to Auto.

I have the HDfury HDMI audio output connected to my Denon's CD HDMI input.

When I use a LG internal App or the Chromecast with Google TV connected to one of the LG HDMI inputs (I have used up all my Denon HDMI inputs), I select the CD input on the Denon and ARC audio is automatically sent from the LG to the HDfury and then to the Denon.

When I use any of the players connected to the Denon, the audio is output to the connected speakers.

It is all automatic.

Reactions: BennyTurbo

·
Registered
539 Posts
I posted it few hours ago. Here actual version again.

My problem is: By changing volume on the NAD M17 V2 the LG TV lost the picture and a HDMI handshake. On the JVC N5 projector this is not a problem. It's only on the TV. Firmware of LG TV is newest.
Please test the firmware I sent via pm

·
Registered
539 Posts
Config attached.

Vertex Audio out to AVR (Meridian HD621 via MHR to G61R). Can not handle DD+ or Atmos.

I get audio out for Cable TV but not for the internal TV apps like Netflix or Prime.

Looking at old posts on page ~30-33 in this thread I see a similar issue was reported. For some reason the Vertex2 couldn't read the EDID from the HD621.
If I set Automix audio flag to "Audio Out" I do get sound via eArc from the cable TV source.
That doesn't work for the sound from the internal TV apps for some reason. I need that to

That doesn't work for the sound from the internal TV apps for some reason. I need that to come over eArc so I can't connect to TX1, that just gives me the incoming HDMI sources to choose from.
If your meridian cannot handle DD+ or atmos.
Maybe set the vertex 2 as per claws settings below your post for ARC.
As there is no point in sending internal app audio of higher then ARC if the meridian do not support the formats.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If your meridian cannot handle DD+ or atmos.
Maybe set the vertex 2 as per claws settings below your post for ARC.
As there is no point in sending internal app audio of higher then ARC if the meridian do not support the formats.
That worked as far as the "routing".
I set ARC and EARC modes on the Vertex2 to Auto and turned off eArc on the TV.
However for the cable TV audio I get "L-PCM 48kHz 2.0ch 16bit", not 5.1. Trying to figure out why now.

3541 - 3560 of 3584 Posts