AVS Forum banner

3561 - 3580 of 3584 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
That worked as far as the "routing".
I set ARC and EARC modes on the Vertex2 to Auto and turned off eArc on the TV.
However for the cable TV audio I get "L-PCM 48kHz 2.0ch 16bit", not 5.1. Trying to figure out why now.
It seems strange to me that you would get LPCM from a cable TV box. Been a while since I used one, but usually there is an audio setting to enable 5.1.

I could understand getting LPCM from the Samsung TV ARC if the audio format was set to PCM instead of Auto or 5.1. Check if your Samsung has a 5.1 ARC audio format option:
Samsung... Menu > Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Output Audio Format

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
This is a weird coincidence. Two posters with a Broadcom STB.

BennyTurbo Config

"AUD0": " L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit",
"AUD1": "",
"AUDOUT": "L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit",
"SINK0": "LG TV: 4K60 444 DV BT2020",
"SINK1": "EDID not available",
"SPDASC": "Broadcom STB Refsw Desig",
"SPDASC1": "Broadcom STB Refsw Desig",

MagnusB

"AUD0": " L-PCM 48kHz 2.0ch 16bit (EARC)",
"AUDOUT": "from TX0 using EARC",
"SINK0": "SAMSUNG: 4K60 444 HDR+ BT2020",

·
Registered
355 Posts
It seems strange to me that you would get LPCM from a cable TV box. Been a while since I used one, but usually there is an audio setting to enable 5.1.

I could understand getting LPCM from the Samsung TV ARC if the audio format was set to PCM instead of Auto or 5.1. Check if your Samsung has a 5.1 ARC audio format option:
Samsung... Menu > Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Output Audio Format
It's set to pass-through.
I saw an earlier post where the Vertex2 couldn't detect the EDID from the HD621 when connected to the "Audio Out" properly leading to stereo as default.

The odd thing is that I get AC3 from Netflix and Prime.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This is a weird coincidence. Two posters with a Broadcom STB.

BennyTurbo Config

"AUD0": " L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit",
"AUDOUT": "L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit",
"SINK0": "LG TV: 4K60 444 DV BT2020",
"SPDASC1": "Broadcom STB Refsw Desig",

MagnusB

"AUD0": " L-PCM 48kHz 2.0ch 16bit (EARC)",
"AUDOUT": "from TX0 using EARC",
"SINK0": "SAMSUNG: 4K60 444 HDR+ BT2020",
Mine is an Arris XG1v4 (Xfinity). It's set to 4K and 5.1 for audio.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
I have uploaded it. Should i use the config exactly it's configured now or can/should i change something? Here attached the config file. For splitter mode is it correct to COPY TX0 or use both as INPUT1?
Copy TX0 is OK.

You previously posted... My problem is: By changing volume on the NAD M17 V2 the LG TV lost the picture and a HDMI handshake.

Did you try turning off CEC and ARC in the M17 V2 like I suggested?

In the Main Menu of your receiver/processor, navigate to the Setup Menu and Control Setup. Turn Off all CEC / ARC controls except CEC/LAN/BluOS in Standby-leave set to ON.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Mine is an Arris XG1v4 (Xfinity). It's set to 4K and 5.1 for audio.
As a test, try setting the Vertex 2 Automix AUDIO FLAGS setting to 5.1 instead of Audio Out. See if you get 5.1 instead of LPCM from the cable box.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Copy TX0 is OK.

You previously posted... My problem is: By changing volume on the NAD M17 V2 the LG TV lost the picture and a HDMI handshake.

Did you try turning off CEC and ARC in the M17 V2 like I suggested?

In the Main Menu of your receiver/processor, navigate to the Setup Menu and Control Setup. Turn Off all CEC / ARC controls except CEC/LAN/BluOS in Standby-leave set to ON.
I tried exactly the same. Problem is still there. Only the option Android TV Fix works. But I have older LG OLED 2016 model B6. How and why did this option work ?

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
That worked! Thanks for helping.
You must have been right about the Vertex 2 not being able to read the EDID from the HD621.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Would somebody mind to tell me what’s the improvements from Firmware 0.59 to 0.60, which I assume is the latest version ? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Would somebody mind to tell me what’s the improvements from Firmware 0.59 to 0.60, which I assume is the latest version ? Thanks in advance!
All firmware downloads have a read me first file in the download.
This text file shows what has been updated in the firmware.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Very strange. It is set and operates that way, but config shows otherwise. Power cycle on Vertex2, shows exact same config.txt
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to cycle everything off and on to see what happens.
Please send me a pm and I can send you a link to some firmware to test to see if it helps or not.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I posted it few hours ago. Here actual version again.

My problem is: By changing volume on the NAD M17 V2 the LG TV lost the picture and a HDMI handshake. On the JVC N5 projector this is not a problem. It's only on the TV. Firmware of LG TV is newest.
Any news for me? What is the android TV fix doing? It seems to fix the handshake problem on the LG 65B OLED TV from 2016.... Hmm

·
Registered
539 Posts
Any news for me? What is the android TV fix doing? It seems to fix the handshake problem on the LG 65B OLED TV from 2016.... Hmm
I am not certain what the android fix actually does.

It is listed in the release notes if you look through the readme first file showing changes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good Morning,

I am hoping someone can help me out with a couple issues I am having with my Vertex2.
Here is my current setup
Roku Ultra -> Denon X3400H -> Vertex2 TX1 -> Epson 5040UB
Using 3ft Blue Jeans Cable HDMI cables between the Roku and the AVR, a 6ft Blue Jeans Cables HDMI between the AVR and the Vertex2, and a 3ft Monoprice high speed HDMI cable from the Vertex2 to the projector.
I also tried this configuration and the same issues occur.
Roku Ultra -> Vertex2 TX1 -> Epson 5040UB (with audio out going to the AVR)
Using 3ft Blue Jeans Cable HDMI cables between the Roku and the Vertex2, a 6ft Blue Jeans Cables HDMI between the Vertex2 and the projector, and a the HDMI cable that came with the Vertex2 from the audio out to the AVR.

Using custom EDID 11 4k60-444 600mhz HDR BT2020 All Sound
I have custom scaling for TX1 to scale 4k60 down to 1080p60
I also used Mark's custom bt2020 EDID, but switched back to custom 11 to eliminate another variable while troubleshooting.

The first issue I was having seems to be resolved by disabling CEC in both the Roku and the projector. What was happening somewhat regularly when watching Netflix in 4k60 was that the video would cut out for a couple seconds and the Roku would display an "HDCP error detected" page, along with some possible steps to correct it (disconnect all HDMI cables, restart, etc.). I tried a number of things to resolve this (bought all new Blue Jeans HDMI cables, reconfigured to take the AVR out of the picture), but ultimately, this was resolved by disabling CEC.

Now I am currently having two issues. One issue is that auto scaling stopped working at some point. I want to scale down 4K60 to 1080p to keep the color profile, but let the projector handle the up-scaling. Auto scaling used to work, but now I have to set custom scaling and scale 4k60 to 1080p60. Not a big deal, just strange that it seemed to stop working. I even did a factory reset to no avail. I'm sure I messed up some configuration to break this, but I can live with the current setup.

The second issue is more concerning. What is happening is that every now and then, the screen will start flashing static every few seconds. Seems to start randomly and the only way to clear it up is to reboot the Vertex2. I'm not entirely sure what may cause it, but in an attempt to reproduce it, I was switching from movies on Netflix (4k60 HDR) and Amazon prime (4k24 HDR) with going back to the Roku home screen in between. At one point, after after doing this several times, the problem started when I went back to the Roku home screen. A reboot of the Vertex2 cleared it up. The worst part about it is that whenever it happens, my wife says "you paid how much for this thing???" :p

The attached config was downloaded while the problem was occurring. Other than these issues, I love how movies look on my projector! I'm sure I have something messed up, so any tips would be truly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

3561 - 3580 of 3584 Posts