AVS Forum banner

3761 - 3780 of 3867 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
If the fiber optic cable doesn't have it's own power source, that would be why. Essentially, the Vertex2 doesn't have enough power on the HDMI port to properly power a connected fiber optic cable. IIRC, it is possible to use a slightly larger power supply for the Vertex2 to get around this, but the preferred solution is to get a different fiber optic cable that has it's own power source or find a way to provide power externally to your current cable.
l recently replaced my SONY 385ES Projector with a JVC NX7 and now have had a few seemingly HDMI related issues. My projector is connected to my Vertex 2 via a 50 ft RUIPRO fiber optic cable which itself is not powered and I certainly don't want to rerun a new cable through the soffits, etc. The problems seem to happen when I change source material that causes a resync, and typically power cycling the Vertex 2 typically solves the issue, until the the time that is. Based on this discussion I have a C2G HDMI voltage inserter on order from Amazon. I would assume it would go on the output of the Vertex 2, but the discussion above suggests putting it at the projector end of the cable. I can certainly also find a more powerful power supply for the Vertex 2 if needed. Advice please on the right approach here, and will the C2G help?

·
Registered
668 Posts
l recently replaced my SONY 385ES Projector with a JVC NX7 and now have had a few seemingly HDMI related issues. My projector is connected to my Vertex 2 via a 50 ft RUIPRO fiber optic cable which itself is not powered and I certainly don't want to rerun a new cable through the soffits, etc. The problems seem to happen when I change source material that causes a resync, and typically power cycling the Vertex 2 typically solves the issue, until the the time that is. Based on this discussion I have a C2G HDMI voltage inserter on order from Amazon. I would assume it would go on the output of the Vertex 2, but the discussion above suggests putting it at the projector end of the cable. I can certainly also find a more powerful power supply for the Vertex 2 if needed. Advice please on the right approach here, and will the C2G help?
I would review the documentation with the C2G HDMI voltage inserter and see where it should attach.
I am not familiar with that device but the instructions should show how to hook it up.
You will need to test and see if this helps.
If the issue is not voltage related then it will not help.
If it voltage related then hopefully this will fix your issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum
Just bought HD fury vertex2
I have Epson 6050 projector, Denon x4500h av receiver and new Apple TV 4k set up for home theater and my goal was to watch Dolby vision movies and hence bought Vertex2

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Power inserter should go at the output of the Vertex. However I doubt that the Vertex2 power to optical hdmi cable is the issue. I had optical cables connected to both the outputs and never had issues with that.

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
Based on this discussion I have a C2G HDMI voltage inserter on order from Amazon. I would assume it would go on the output of the Vertex 2, but the discussion above suggests putting it at the projector end of the cable.
There was a previous discussion on this topic:

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum
Just bought HD fury vertex2
I have Epson 6050 projector, Denon x4500h av receiver and new Apple TV 4k set up for home theater and my goal was to watch Dolby vision movies and hence bought Vertex2
You were helped by HDfury support in Discord. Custom EDID 10 and Use Custom HDR when input is LLDV. Those are the only settings you need.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have been using Vertex2 for a number of months now, but just changed my projector from an Epson to a JVC NX5. I want to start using macros (and am setting up a Raspberry Pi to run Apex to control the PJ over LAN).

I am interested in whether I can set macros on the Vertex2 that are dependent on the input. For example, I want my HTPC with MadVR to trigger a picture mode on the JVC that does not use internal DTM, but I want JVC's DTM when using HDR from my Apple TV. Is this set-up possible? I seem to only see how I can change the picture mode based on the signal type.
You can configure Apex to ignore the Vertex2 for a specific purpose.

I use that so Vertex does 709 or 2020, hdr or sdr or lldv for appletv uhd bluray and satellite receiver. Then it ignores the vertex for MadVR pc so I can use a P3 mode with 3dlut only for that.

If you don’t use sdr2020 for anything else you can use that for madvr but I want sdr2020 for my uhd bluray player.

Ask in the Apex thread if you want some help setting that up. I posted a guide a while ago but can help you with specifics.

Reactions: by96

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Hi. I have the Vertex2 hooked up with a Sony 75XBR900F on TX0, and a Denon X3600H on Audio Out, and a Xbox One on IN1 and a Nvidia ShieldTV on IN0. The system is configured to automix video flags on TX0, and audio out to the receiver via a Cat6 extender to the basement where the denon is located. It's controlled by a harmony remote with the hub external IR pointed at the front of the vertex2, and running FW 0.60.

I have this issue where starting up the shield TV will result in no video until I power cycle the Vertex2. Once it powercycles, it works great, and can even switch off and go back on for awhile without this problem. But after a few days, the odds are the unit needs powercycling again.

What could be causing this behavior?

thx!

·
Registered
748 Posts
View attachment VERTEX2-CONFIG-6_13_2021.txt

I hope I’m missing something simple.
Now that XBox supports Dolby Vision Gaming it’s important that the Auto Low Latency Mode pops my projector over to game mode.
I have everything set to “follow” on all vertex ports so it can switch, but it never does. I have to manually toggle the projector into HDR game mode.

I am getting LLDV confirmation when it switches the game on, so the DV part is working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
View attachment 3144109

I hope I’m missing something simple.
Now that XBox supports Dolby Vision Gaming it’s important that the Auto Low Latency Mode pops my projector over to game mode.
I have everything set to “follow” on all vertex ports so it can switch, but it never does. I have to manually toggle the projector into HDR game mode.

I am getting LLDV confirmation when it switches the game on, so the DV part is working.
You are not getting LLDV input in the config file you attached.

"RX0": " 4K59.938 420 BT709 10b 371MHz ",
"RX1": " 4K59.938 420 BT709 10b 371MHz ",
"TX0": " 4K59.938 420 BT709 10b 371MHz ",

·
Registered
748 Posts
You are not getting LLDV input in the config file you attached.

"RX0": " 4K59.938 420 BT709 10b 371MHz ",
"RX1": " 4K59.938 420 BT709 10b 371MHz ",
"TX0": " 4K59.938 420 BT709 10b 371MHz ",
Sorry, I just hit export assuming it captures everything, not just the currently live signal.

I’ll do it again tonight with an LLDV stream through it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi. I have the Vertex2 hooked up with a Sony 75XBR900F on TX0, and a Denon X3600H on Audio Out, and a Xbox One on IN1 and a Nvidia ShieldTV on IN0. The system is configured to automix video flags on TX0, and audio out to the receiver via a Cat6 extender to the basement where the denon is located. It's controlled by a harmony remote with the hub external IR pointed at the front of the vertex2, and running FW 0.60.

I have this issue where starting up the shield TV will result in no video until I power cycle the Vertex2. Once it powercycles, it works great, and can even switch off and go back on for awhile without this problem. But after a few days, the odds are the unit needs powercycling again.

What could be causing this behavior?

thx!
Please post the config file from the vertex 2 so we can review it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sorry, I just hit export assuming it captures everything, not just the currently live signal.

I’ll do it again tonight with an LLDV stream through it.

the config export is the setttings and signals coming in and out at the time the config export button is hit only.

·
Registered
748 Posts
See the HDR/AVI Tab

You can set ALLM to the input.
That is what I assumed, but no combination of these settings gets it to work… unless I force it to ON… but then I get the reverse problem, it never pops off to reach a Cinema/Movie mode.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
View attachment 3144346

Here is the config while running Dolby Vision from
The Xbox. It doesn’t trigger low latency game mode.
Does ALLM work when sending HDR10? I found a two week old Reddit post where Xbox X users are reporting that ALLM is turned OFF whenever Dolby Vision is output.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Does ALLM work when sending HDR10? I found a two week old Reddit post where Xbox X users are reporting that ALLM is turned OFF whenever Dolby Vision is output.
It works if I tell the Vertex to set “Always On” - then it switches ALLM with no problem. This makes me think something about “follow” doesn’t trigger correctly.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
It works if I tell the Vertex to set “Always On” - then it switches ALLM with no problem. This makes me think something about “follow” doesn’t trigger correctly.
Or the Xbox is not sending it.

3761 - 3780 of 3867 Posts