AVS Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 2592 Posts

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
How do we program it though what remotes are compatible, from what I see Logitech is one of them but do I have to go and spend at least another $100 for a remote just to be able to change inputs, currently I have an Xbox one, xfinity cable, firetv cube, and an Apple TV 4K, I’ve tried to change settings on the web server to see if doing it on sense or power would work but it’s not reliable as it switches inputs sporadically, is their a dedicated button on the vertex 2 to change inputs ? I am sorry if this has been answered but I could not find it.
Yes you have direct button to change input, see first page of usermanual that describe each button.
Our IR codes are in the most common format Pronto HEX, they are compatible with any universal remote, so as long as you have a remote that allow to paste in IR codes in HEX codes you will be fine

You can also use Android APP (iOS coming) to switch input (as long as your phone/tablet is on the same network)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes you have direct button to change input, see first page of usermanual that describe each button.
Our IR codes are in the most common format Pronto HEX, they are compatible with any universal remote, so as long as you have a remote that allow to paste in IR codes in HEX codes you will be fine

You can also use Android APP (iOS coming) to switch input (as long as your phone/tablet is on the same network)
I guess I’ll wait for iOS update will this be via an app?

·
Registered
7,412 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I got to say, I don't entirely get how to use the Android App. The website on the fury is understandable enough. But the app - I can't tell if it isn't working or what I'm supposed to do with it. Or am I looking at the wrong one? The "4k Vertex 2 Total Control" app

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello, everyone.

I would like to split video and audio from HDFury Vertex2, HDMI TX0 to projector and Audio out to preprocessor.

Do I need to mute TX0 Audio?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Hello, everyone.

I would like to split video and audio from HDFury Vertex2, HDMI TX0 to projector and Audio out to preprocessor.

Do I need to mute TX0 Audio?

Thank you for your help.
No need. The projector will just ignore the audio, or you can turn it down if the projector has audio.

·
Premium Member
23,349 Posts
Finally received it yesterday, Didn't connect it just quickly wanted to see what it about. Bit too technical for me. If I wanted to keep it how do I get the full audio ( Dolby Atmos etc ). Also I have an Epson Projector TW-9400 which I Purchased for the interim while my JVC is getting repaired trying too find how to assign specific memory to its colorspace?

Thank you

Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
No need. The projector will just ignore the audio, or you can turn it down if the projector has audio.
2 more questions, please.

1.When I plug the power supply of Vertex2, it turns on immediately. When I finish watching a movie, how do I turn Vertex2 off?
There is no turn on or turn off button on the Vertex2 unit and I don't see any turn off buttons on the Web server.

2.With latest firmware 0.53, I see one option that is not included in the online manual, TX0 and TX1 +5V FORCE.
What does TX +5V FORCE mean? Right now it is turned on by default. What will happen if I turn TX +5V FORCE off?
I will use Vertex2 with TX0 HDMI to Sony VPL-VW695ES 4k projector and Audio out HDMI to my preprocessor.

Thank you for your help and support.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
I got to say, I don't entirely get how to use the Android App. The website on the fury is understandable enough. But the app - I can't tell if it isn't working or what I'm supposed to do with it. Or am I looking at the wrong one? The "4k Vertex 2 Total Control" app
See here, may be it will be more clear:

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Finally received it yesterday, Didn't connect it just quickly wanted to see what it about. Bit too technical for me. If I wanted to keep it how do I get the full audio ( Dolby Atmos etc ). Also I have an Epson Projector TW-9400 which I Purchased for the interim while my JVC is getting repaired trying too find how to assign specific memory to its colorspace?

Thank you

Cheers
Connect your PJ at TX0 output, and connect your sound system either at TX1 or AUDIO OUT
Any sources at any input, add power and that's it, full video to PJ, full audio to AVR.

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Premium Member
23,349 Posts
Connect your PJ at TX0 output, and connect your sound system either at TX1 or AUDIO OUT
Any sources at any input, add power and that's it, full video to PJ, full audio to AVR.
So I don't have to tick anything in the menu ?

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
2 more questions, please.

1.When I plug the power supply of Vertex2, it turns on immediately. When I finish watching a movie, how do I turn Vertex2 off?
There is no turn on or turn off button on the Vertex2 unit and I don't see any turn off buttons on the Web server.

2.With latest firmware 0.53, I see one option that is not included in the online manual, TX0 and TX1 +5V FORCE.
What does TX +5V FORCE mean? Right now it is turned on by default. What will happen if I turn TX +5V FORCE off?
I will use Vertex2 with TX0 HDMI to Sony VPL-VW695ES 4k projector and Audio out HDMI to my preprocessor.

Thank you for your help and support.
1. There is no real OFF mode, a bit like ATV, when there is no input/output it will go in standby after a while (timing that you can define yourself in webserver by setting OLED timer and OSD No input timer). As soon as a source at any input or a sink at any output turn on, then it will be back on. If you really want to remove power to it and lose web access, you can do that with controlled power plug.

2. This option allow to turn OFF the 5V on TX0 or TX1, this is equal as disconnecting the HDMI cable, it is not useful for you, mainly used for automation when you want to fully remove or add a device from/to the setup without having to disconnect/connect the hdmi cable manually.

Reactions: Nattypol

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
So I don't have to tick anything in the menu ?
As long as there is no problem, then no you don't have to set anything.
And if problem, you export config and post it here as attachment when problem is occurring and we will tell you what to adjust if needed.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Can HD Fury work with Logitech to add Vertex 2 to their list of supported devices? Currently the only available device is an HD Fury “Switch”.
Go here: https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility
Enter HDfury as manufacturer and Vertex2 as model number or product name.
As you see, it's there, now why do they call this"SWITCH" or is that "SWITCH" the same as what they show up here, only them know that, may be some customers sent some lists and they override their own DB with it, who knows.
In all cases, Logitech have IR limit so whatever we can try, it will never give satisfaction to all so if you are a logitech customer, then you have to use their service that are made for that.

You can send any list of MAX 100 IR Codes to [email protected] and they will add to your account.
The day logitech remove their max 100 ir codes list limit then we will be able to make a public version that include everything like for all others devices from us that do not exceed 100 IR codes.

We cannot know which 100 IR codes out of the +200 IR codes, each customer will want, one list won't suit all. For all devices that do not exceed 100 ir codes, it is easy, but here there is a selection to do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,349 Posts
As long as there is no problem, then no you don't have to set anything.
And if problem, you export config and post it here as attachment when problem is occurring and we will tell you what to adjust if needed.
Thanks Mate

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Does anyone know the power supply specs (output pin size, center negative etc) for the Vertex 2? I bought mine from the Australian distributor, and I just got a universal psu with a US to Australian socket adapter. The adapter is your typical sloppy connection with too much flex, not a nice rigid lock like a power socket). So I am wanting to find a suitable supply with an Australian pin configuration

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,349 Posts
Does anyone know the power supply specs (output pin size, center negative etc) for the Vertex 2? I bought mine from the Australian distributor, and I just got a universal psu with a US to Australian socket adapter. The adapter is your typical sloppy connection with too much flex, not a nice rigid lock like a power socket). So I am wanting to find a suitable supply with an Australian pin configuration

Thanks.

I got the same. Plugged mine in today, I’m impressed.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I got the same. Plugged mine in today, I’m impressed.
Impressed with what? The quality of the plug adapter? I'm not. Any time I can wiggle socket and get 30 degrees of slop, I get a gut level feeling of utter disgust and shame at the quality of what I'm holding. I mean I start empathizing and feeling bad for the people on the production line having to have their lives contributing to their creation. I know if I was in their position, my self disgust would be wreaking havoc with my conscience.

·
Premium Member
23,349 Posts
Impressed with what? The quality of the plug adapter? I'm not. Any time I can wiggle socket and get 30 degrees of slop, I get a gut level feeling of utter disgust and shame at the quality of what I'm holding. I mean I start empathizing and feeling bad for the people on the production line having to have their lives contributing to their creation. I know if I was in their position, my self disgust would be wreaking havoc with my conscience.

Impressed with the unit.

1841 - 1860 of 2592 Posts