AVS Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 2575 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Just a point to note, that EDID isn't based on a Sony - it's a fully loaded 4K60 HDR EDID with all sound plus the Dolby Block set at 1000nits in BT.2020.

Calling it Sony might confuse people...

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Just a point to note, that EDID isn't based on a Sony - it's a fully loaded 4K60 HDR EDID with all sound plus the Dolby Block set at 1000nits in BT.2020.

Calling it Sony might confuse people...
Ok noted. will call A1 LLDV BT2020 on next update then.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Ok noted. will call A1 LLDV BT2020 on next update then.
The A1 still refers to the Sony A1 - perhaps makes sense to call it "Full + BT.2020 LLDV" in line with Custom slots 1, 2 & 3 and also that's what people are used to with that EDID.

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
The A1 still refers to the Sony A1 - perhaps makes sense to call it "Full + BT.2020 LLDV" in line with Custom slots 1, 2 & 3 and also that's what people are used to with that EDID.
I think you do have inserted A1 LLDV string and just changed nits and changed DCI-P3 > BT2020 in it, right ? so for me it's A1 string for BT2020 ;)
The thing is also that people in thread history always refer to A1 LLDV, so i'm not sure if changing now will results in more or less confusion.

But just determine what ever name you guys want for it and we will apply to next update.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I think you do have inserted A1 LLDV string and just changed nits and changed DCI-P3 > BT2020 in it, right ? so for me it's A1 string for BT2020 ;)
No, it's a completely different EDID to the A1 LLDV - it is based on EDID "11 - 4K60-444 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound" with the addition of a Dolby Block in CEA Extension 1, so it has no relation to the Sony A1.

The thing is also that people in thread history always refer to A1 LLDV, so i'm not sure if changing now will results in more or less confusion.

But just determine what ever name you guys want for it and we will apply to next update.
I'll ask in the thread and see what folks say.

Mark

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
No, it's a completely different EDID to the A1 LLDV - it is based on EDID "11 - 4K60-444 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound" with the addition of a Dolby Block in CEA Extension 1, so it has no relation to the Sony A1.

I'll ask in the thread and see what folks say.

Mark
Ok, yes do that and let us know what you guys prefer and we will do it that way.

Reactions: MOberhardt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why not eARC to soundbar from Audio Out?

Hi - I just purchased the Vertex2 for one reason only. I loved the idea of a HDMI swizz army knife switch/splitter so I could use it together with a eARC soundbar since my TV don't offer eARC.

Off cause it's my mistake not to read this forum before purchasing, but I did expect that the Vertex 2 would work with a soundbar on audio out (I'm using Sonos ARC and Sonos Beam).

I connected the soundbar to the audio out port on the Vertex2, but the soundbar remained quiet all the time.

Is it really not possible to make the Vertex2 the eARC host my TV isn't.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Ok, yes do that and let us know what you guys prefer and we will do it that way.
Couple of people replied - Dominic suggested just "BT2020 LLDV" but I think that may imply that it just does LLDV and nothing else. Another guy liked "Full + BT2020 LLDV"

The first 3 Custom EDIDs are called "Full" plus the extra detail which implies it's a full EDID (ie all video, all sound) plus the additional stuff, so I still think "Full + BT2020 LLDV" makes the most sense and is least confusing.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Couple of people replied - Dominic suggested just "BT2020 LLDV" but I think that may imply that it just does LLDV and nothing else. Another guy liked "Full + BT2020 LLDV"

The first 3 Custom EDIDs are called "Full" plus the extra detail which implies it's a full EDID (ie all video, all sound) plus the additional stuff, so I still think "Full + BT2020 LLDV" makes the most sense and is least confusing.
I think the more descriptive Full+ BT2020 LLDV would be best. :)

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Why not eARC to soundbar from Audio Out?

Hi - I just purchased the Vertex2 for one reason only. I loved the idea of a HDMI swizz army knife switch/splitter so I could use it together with a eARC soundbar since my TV don't offer eARC.

Off cause it's my mistake not to read this forum before purchasing, but I did expect that the Vertex 2 would work with a soundbar on audio out (I'm using Sonos ARC and Sonos Beam).

I connected the soundbar to the audio out port on the Vertex2, but the soundbar remained quiet all the time.

Is it really not possible to make the Vertex2 the eARC host my TV isn't.
There is no solution in the world for sonos soundbar since they do not use HDMI input, but HDMI output only and in HDMI you cannot connect OUTPUT to OUTPUT or INPUT to INPUT, OUTPUT goes to INPUT only.
We will prolly have one for end of the year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is no solution in the world for sonos soundbar since they do not use HDMI input, but HDMI output only and in HDMI you cannot connect OUTPUT to OUTPUT or INPUT to INPUT, OUTPUT goes to INPUT only.
We will prolly have one for end of the year.
Please explain.

When I put it in my TV on HDMI2 (ARC) and connects it to Sonos Beam, the sound is delivered via ARC. Isn't that input ? Now with the Sonos Arc it's eARC from TV. How can that be output ?

·
Registered
7,390 Posts

Ok noted, fyi : what we call FULL, refer to FULL AUDIO.
Usually in our custom EDID list we take original display EDID and mod them to add FULL AUDIO and 3D support.

Also about A1, without A1 TV original drama there would be absolutely no LLDV mode on any sources and any TV today, and that trick would not be possible without it, so no matter what, A1 is the root of any LLDV, shall not be forgotten.

Reactions: Mike__P

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Please explain.

When I put it in my TV on HDMI2 (ARC) and connects it to Sonos Beam, the sound is delivered via ARC. Isn't that input ? Now with the Sonos Arc it's eARC from TV. How can that be output ?
Crazy how people struggle with this sonos story, i had to repeat this hundred times in the last days...

Since when your TV have any OUTPUT ? ;)

a source have OUTPUT and a TV or display have INPUT, and that's how it works in HDMI, source OUTPUT goes to TV INPUT.

in ARC or eARC; the "R" means "RETURN" that means the sound flow backward ! and that's probably what confuse you here.

So you think your device have INPUT, but in reality it's your TV that have INPUT (cause you can connect SOURCE with output to it) and its your soundbar that have output and it works only because audio is flowing backward in ARC/eARC (the "RETURN" thing)

Basically what SONOS did is just a way to save money by not having to put any receiver IC that would require to process video signal.

Reactions: claw and hummelmose

·
Registered
7 Posts
Crazy how people struggle with this sonos story, i had to repeat this hundred times in the last days...

Since when your TV have any OUTPUT ? ;)

a source have OUTPUT and a TV or display have INPUT, and that's how it works in HDMI, source OUTPUT goes to TV INPUT.

in ARC or eARC; the "R" means "RETURN" that means the sound flow backward ! and that's probably what confuse you here.

So you think your device have INPUT, but in reality it's your TV that have INPUT (cause you can connect SOURCE with output to it) and its your soundbar that have output and it works only because audio is flowing backward in ARC/eARC (the "RETURN" thing)

Basically what SONOS did is just a way to save money by not having to put any receiver IC that would require to process video signal.
Thanks for clarifying. but you think you will have a solution at end of year. Great to hear, and sad to hear that Sonos are cheaps :)

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. but you think you will have a solution at end of year. Great to hear, and sad to hear that Sonos are cheaps :)

Yes we had enough requests about that to understand that there is a need for it.

Don't get me wrong, i think they saved money there to put it elsewhere, they did saved a lot with that trick, cause no video to handle, no need of powerful chipset, no HDCP to handle, that means no license, etc... and they also saved lot of dev time.

Reactions: hummelmose

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I have the following devices: Beamer Epson LS 10500 Reciever Denon AVR 4400 and an Apple TV 4K and an Nvidia Shield.
I want a signal with 4K BT 2020 on the projector without HDR, like the Oppo can, is this possible with the Vertex?

LG
Michael

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Hello,
I have the following devices: Beamer Epson LS 10500 Reciever Denon AVR 4400 and an Apple TV 4K and an Nvidia Shield.
I want a signal with 4K BT 2020 on the projector without HDR, like the Oppo can, is this possible with the Vertex?

LG
Michael
It can easily strip the HDR flag, but I think you're asking can it convert to SDR 2020 - in which case, no it can't.

There are probably more, but the only devices I'm aware of that can do that are Oppo and Panasonic UHD BD machines, the later Zidoo media players and of course VPs like the Lumagen.

Reactions: claw

·
Registered
3 Posts
It can easily strip the HDR flag, but I think you're asking can it convert to SDR 2020 - in which case, no it can't.

There are probably more, but the only devices I'm aware of that can do that are Oppo and Panasonic UHD BD machines, the later Zidoo media players and of course VPs like the Lumagen.

thanks for the quick answer, yes it is right that I want a convert to SDR 2020, so it is not possible, too bad. LG Michael

·
Premium Member
3,890 Posts
Hello,

LG
Michael
Neither the ATV or the Shield can tone map 4K BT2020 HDR to 4K BT2020 SDR.

1881 - 1900 of 2575 Posts