AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 727 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post all questions for HDFury Vrroom in this thread. Please alert me if any information is wrong and I'll correct it as soon as I'm able to.

I've gathered most of the information I could find at the time of Vrroom's initial release (December 2021)

##### FAQ #####

Where and when can I order this device?

Vrroom is shipping now! 8K VRROOM 40Gbps | HDFury.com | Connect and Fix everything in HDMI

What is the HDFury Vrroom?

Similar to the HDFury Diva but support for HDMI 2.1 up to 8K/40Gbps, VRR & ALLM support, more options for extraction and routing of ARC - and eARC including support for Sonos soundbars, full control of HDR and DV metadata, etc.

From HDFury:

WORLD’S FIRST 8K VRR and HDMI 2.1 sound extractor that allows FULL AUDIO (up to receivers audio specs) from ANY external HDMI source to ANY HDMI/ARC or eARC sound system.

State of the art HDMI 2.1 central that support ANY video and/or audio signal in existence today including VRR, DV, LLDV, HLG, HDR10+, DTS:X, ATMOS and more…

Key features:

Best Audio to your sound system and Best Video to your display, Always & Guaranteed!

World First 40Gbps Upscaler, Splitter, Switcher with full audio extraction for VRR and any signals

Full Audio from ANY HDMI source (including VRR signal) to ANY HDMI, ARC or eARC sound system

Full Audio up to Atmos/TrueHD from any HDMI source to SONOS Arc/Beam2 or any eARC sound system

Play Xbox 1X games at 4K120 Dolby Vision on LG C9, BX & SONY HDMI 2.1 TV

Work from ANY HDMI source to ANY HDMI, ARC or eARC sound system

Solve SONOS Arc/Beam2 + other lip sync issue when using external HDMI sources connected to eARC TV

HDMI 2.1 Full Audio/Video passthrough up to FRL5: 40Gbps/1200MHz

Upscale FRL5 and ANY signals 2K>4K, 4K>8K and 2K>8K up to 120Hz (no upscale for VRR/1080i/720p/480i-p)

Downscale FRL0 and ANY signals 8K>4K, 4K>2K or 8K>2K up to 120Hz (no downscale for FRL5/VRR yet)

Add or remove any input from the CEC network at any time via webserver, APP, IR/IP or RS232

Finally allow DTS sound from source to your sound system even if your TV does not support it.

CEC control from TV at output to source at input

CEC volume control from source to eARC or HDMI sound system

CEC volume control from TV to eARC or HDMI sound system

CEC volume works to eARC TX and HDMI OUT using TV remote or source remote

ARC/eARC retrieval from TV ARC/eARC input to ANY HDMI, ARC or eARC sound system

Support for 1080p120, 1440p120 and 4K120 as well as any VRR signals (Xbox series X, PS5, GPU and others)

Allow DV content playback from LLDV capable source on any HDR10 display for improved picture quality

1 HDMI2.1 Audio/Video output has a downscaler for improved picture quality on 1080p/2K or 2160p/4K TV

Allow HDCP 2.3 > 1.4 Conversion

Perform Chroma, Color space and Color depth modification always or only if needed

Increase or decrease nits value of HDR metadata in real-time during HDR playback

Live signal info and details on Webserver, APP, OSD or OLED

4 buttons for OLED menu navigation

Relay Port (for automation)

RS232 jack connector (for integration and control, not needed for the average user)

Technical Specifications:

HDMI revision:HDMI 2.1 FRL5(1200Mcsc – 40Gbps)
Support:1200MHz/40Gbps VRR, QMS, QFT, DSC1.2a, HDR10+, HLG, DV & LLDV, ARC, eARC, ALLM, IMAX
Max Resolution:4K120 422 12b, 4K120 444/RGB 10b VRR/HDR, 8K30 422 12b, 8K30 444/RGB 10b or 8K60 420 10b
TOTAL I/O:4 HDMI In, 2 HDMI Out, 1 HDMI eARC Out, 1 HDMI Audio Out, 1 RS232, 1 RJ45, 2 IR, 1 Relay Control, 1 Analog Jack & Optical Out.
Pass & Upscale TX0 port:FHD 1080p, 2K-DCI or UHD 2160p, 4K-DCI -> UHD 2160p & 4K-DCI or 8K FUHD
Pass-thru 40Gbps VRR + FRL5 Upscaling supports any Frame Rate signal up to 120Hz
Pass & Downscale TX1 port:8K FUHD, 4K-DCI or UHD 2160p -> 4K-DCI, UHD 2160p or 2K-DCI, FHD 1080p
Pass-thru 40Gbps VRR + FRL0 Downscaling supports any Frame Rate signal up to 120Hz
Full HDMI Audio port:Full HDMI/ARC/eARC Audio extraction and forwarding via 720p/1080p self generated stream to any AVR or sound system HDMI input
Full Audio eARC port:Full Audio up to Atmos MAT or Atmos over TrueHD from HDMI source or ARC/eARC display to ARC or eARC sound system
TMDS Switching:Autoswitch support for ATV4K, X1X and others sources continuously sending +5V
Conversion:Resolution, Chroma Subsampling, Color Space, Color Depth, HDCP
HDCP Conversion:Any HDCP to any HDCP with CST1 support
Operating Modes:40Gbps FRL5 Splitter, Switcher, Upscaler + VRR pass and 18Gbps Matrix + FRL0 Downscaler with CEC, eARC, ARC and EDID management
Special Modes:CEC hardware enable/disable for all input ports, CEC Command, HTPC, Disable or replace HDR/HLG, RS232 Macro, DV/LLDV to HDR10 display, Boost HDR nits value, Translate HLG>HDR, HDMI Doctor
EDID Modes:Automix with flags and algo, copy sinks, 100 EDID Banks (10 custom) + optional LLDV datablock
Control Modes:HDfury Webserver, IR, IP, RS232 for Linux/MAC/Win or push buttons via OLED
Input Control:Fully disconnect any input from CEC via software.
Output Control:Fully disconnect any output via software when not in use.
On Screen Display:ON/OFF/timer with choice of text color + Editable custom text and mask. (cover TV channel logo)
OLED:3.12″ Diagonal, 256×64, 16 blue colors
Size:4.5″L x 7.3″W x 0.9″H – in CM: 11.5 x 18.5 x 2.4
Weight:520g – 1.15 LBS
Input Lag:<1ms (nanoseconds count)
Other info:3D Support, CEC Pass Through, DSD, eARC (HDMI2.1)

Link to Users Manual

https://www.hdfury.com/docs/HDfuryVRRoom.pdf

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick note - the initial units firmware at this time don’t support OSD (On Screen Display). The WebUI has the hooks in place. Hopefully in an update soon.
Also, if you want to use Vrroom with a Harmony Remote, at this time it is using the Diva codes. So, set it up as an “HDFury” “Diva”.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have a question for the HDFury team.
I don’t have my Vrroom yet (in transit).

I plan on having my AVR’s Monitor 1 Our (which supports eARC) plugged into Vrroom HDMI Input 0. My Sony A80J supports eARC on HDMI3. I will connect HDMI Out 0 to the TV’s eARC input (HDMI3).
Can I simply route eARC from the TV, through the Vrroom to HDMI0 (AVR)? I would prefer not to use another HDMI input on the AVR…

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I do have a question for the HDFury team.
I don’t have my Vrroom yet (in transit).

I plan on having my AVR’s Monitor 1 Our (which supports eARC) plugged into Vrroom HDMI Input 0. My Sony A80J supports eARC on HDMI3. I will connect HDMI Out 0 to the TV’s eARC input (HDMI3).
Can I simply route eARC from the TV, through the Vrroom to HDMI0 (AVR)? I would prefer not to use another HDMI input on the AVR…
You would need to use the HDMI audio out from the VRROOM to an AVR input.

Or VRROOM eARC port to the AVR HDMI eARC output.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am looking for a cheaper alternative than replacing my Marantz AV7005 pre pro now that I have a 4K projector. I am very happy with the Marantz for audio but would need a good quality switching solution that can feed audio to the Marantz. I have a JVC RS1000 and am looking up upgrade my sources to 4k. The only one I have at present is Apple TV but could easily upgrade my cable. I don't yet have a 4k disc player but plan to get one in the near future. My roadblock is 4K switching. The Marantz replacement would be about $3k. I have looked at the 4x2 from ezcoo but just found this. Early reports say that this is a bit better than the ezcoo but for the roughly $400 price difference, I would expect so.

Looking at the 8K VRROOM unless there is a different solution.

Would this fit my application and what are the benefits over the ezcoo.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I am looking for a cheaper alternative than replacing my Marantz AV7005 pre pro now that I have a 4K projector. I am very happy with the Marantz for audio but would need a good quality switching solution that can feed audio to the Marantz. I have a JVC RS1000 and am looking up upgrade my sources to 4k. The only one I have at present is Apple TV but could easily upgrade my cable. I don't yet have a 4k disc player but plan to get one in the near future. My roadblock is 4K switching. The Marantz replacement would be about $3k. I have looked at the 4x2 from ezcoo but just found this. Early reports say that this is a bit better than the ezcoo but for the roughly $400 price difference, I would expect so.

Looking at the 8K VRROOM unless there is a different solution.

Would this fit my application and what are the benefits over the ezcoo.
If you don't plan on upgrading to HDMI 2.1 for a while, the HDMI 2.0 Vertex 2 that supports 18Gbps 4K60 HDR would also work.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You would need to use the HDMI audio out from the VRROOM to an AVR input.

Or VRROOM eARC port to the AVR HDMI eARC output.
Thanks @claw , that’s (unfortunatly) what I thought going over the users manual.
In that case, I will likely move my PGenerator 1.2 from the AVR to one of the Vrroom inputs. I use it so infrequently and I don’t believe it would affect pattern accuracy. Ill run some checks both ways and make sure ;-)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Thanks @claw , that’s (unfortunatly) what I thought going over the users manual.
In that case, I will likely move my PGenerator 1.2 from the AVR to one of the Vrroom inputs. I use it so infrequently and I don’t believe it would affect pattern accuracy. Ill run some checks both ways and make sure ;-)
A TV can only support one audio device with CEC. If your AVR (like my Denon) has separate options for CEC and for eARC, you could try turning OFF CEC, but setting eARC to ON. Then perhaps you could get eARC audio back through the VRROOM to your AVR. As long as you don't need CEC control.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A TV can only support one audio device with CEC. If your AVR (like my Denon) has separate options for CEC and for eARC, you could try turning OFF CEC, but setting eARC to ON. Then perhaps you could get eARC audio back through the VRROOM to your AVR. As long as you don't need CEC control.
I do indeed have a Denon (X2700) and frankly not a fan of CEC (I use a Harmony Elite).
My Vrroom arrives tomorrow - I wil try to connect it as you describe and see how it goes.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
I do indeed have a Denon (X2700) and frankly not a fan of CEC (I use a Harmony Elite).
My Vrroom arrives tomorrow - I wil try to connect it as you describe and see how it goes.

Thanks again
I am jealous yours is arriving tomorrow. Mine just updated today to say it has been received by DHL but isn't arriving until next Monday (when I will be out of town). If yours shipped out late last week with the first batch, it isn't taking a week like mine. I am in California, so it isn't an issue of it having to travel across the United States.

When yours first shipped, how far out was the estimated delivery date?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am jealous yours is arriving tomorrow. Mine just updated today to say it has been received by DHL but isn't arriving until next Monday (when I will be out of town). If yours shipped out late last week with the first batch, it isn't taking a week like mine. I am in California, so it isn't an issue of it having to travel across the United States.

When yours first shipped, what was the estimated delivery date?
I believe mine was shipped this past Wednesday. The original email from DHL said it would arrive this Wednesday.
It actually arrived today at my local UPS Store. I could pick it up today but I am OOT until this evening...

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
So your shipping estimated a week and it came two days early, with a weekend in between. That gives me hope that mine will be here sooner than next Monday and before I leave town. If I may ask, what part of the country are you in?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So your shipping estimated a week and it came two days early, with a weekend in between. That gives me hope that mine will be here sooner than next Monday and before I leave town. If I may ask, what part of the country are you in?
Sure, Im in Western NY. The package was in Cincinnati over the weekend.
Good luck, hope yours comes in earlier!

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Sure, Im in Western NY. The package was in Cincinnati over the weekend.
Good luck, hope yours comes in earlier!
Wow! And you got it in five days? That is super fast. Fingers crossed I have the same luck! Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
There was a snafu with HDFury giving me the wrong tracking info and I thought it hadn't even shipped from Taiwan yet. Turns out it was actually delivered today.

My mild annoyance has been transformed into pleasant surprise.

Reactions: JGrana and by96

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
There was a snafu with HDFury giving me the wrong tracking info and I thought it hadn't even shipped from Taiwan yet. Turns out it was actually delivered today.

I won't hold onto the hope that a similar mistake was made for mine.

·
Registered
12,233 Posts

My information is indicating that mine was delivered in Phoenix today but I don't live in Phoenix. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it might mean the Post Office will make final delivery?

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
My information is indicating that mine was delivered in Phoenix today but I don't live in Phoenix. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it might mean the Post Office will make final delivery?
If yours is coming via DHL Express for items this small I believe they hand packages over to USPS for last mile delivery.

Reactions: Bahn Yuki and lujan
1 - 20 of 727 Posts