AVS Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well, unit was working fine until....
Swapped out my Sony 800g for a Sony 900f today. Initially I had no issue with the HDF4 path, then the HDF4 seemed to start having issues. Blue light will not stay lit, it is either completely out or a fast pulse but never locking in. No signal is received by the TV. The video path without the HDF4 in place delivers a signal to the tv without issue. Only change to the TV from what I had when powered up is that I set the HDMI inputs to be enhanced from being standard. Setting this back to standard did not resolve the issue.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Well, unit was working fine until....
Swapped out my Sony 800g for a Sony 900f today. Initially I had no issue with the HDF4 path, then the HDF4 seemed to start having issues. Blue light will not stay lit, it is either completely out or a fast pulse but never locking in. No signal is received by the TV. The video path without the HDF4 in place delivers a signal to the tv without issue. Only change to the TV from what I had when powered up is that I set the HDMI inputs to be enhanced from being standard. Setting this back to standard did not resolve the issue.

Suggestions?
Restart the whole chain including your source when you change hdmi input standardenhanced.
IF problem, send email to tech+support[at]tutanota.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Linker

I have the whole chain 4K except my old Epson projector and use a HDFury Linker for 4K - 1080P from the second output from my AVR. Now bought an Apple TV 4K and would like to use HDR but will the X4 work together with the Linker? And can the X4 be connected all the time and it detects and does the HDR - SDR conversion only when the incoming signal is HDR or is it going to mess up the picture when the incoming signal is 4K SDR and need to be disconnected/connected depending on the source material?

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
I have the whole chain 4K except my old Epson projector and use a HDFury Linker for 4K - 1080P from the second output from my AVR. Now bought an Apple TV 4K and would like to use HDR but will the X4 work together with the Linker? And can the X4 be connected all the time and it detects and does the HDR - SDR conversion only when the incoming signal is HDR or is it going to mess up the picture when the incoming signal is 4K SDR and need to be disconnected/connected depending on the source material?
Use Linker thread for Linker question please.

Linker does not do any HDR > SDR conversion, only Diva, X4 or OPPO203/ENVY/LRP can do that

So if you have Linker and X4, you can do 4K HDR > LINKER> 1080p HDR > X4 > 1080p SDR.

And yes it will convert HDR only and pass thru SDR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Use Linker thread for Linker question please.
This was not a Linker question. Had I asked in the Linker thread if the Linker can work with the X4 I guess you would have said "Use X4 thread for X4 questions"...

Linker does not do any HDR > SDR conversion, only Diva, X4 or OPPO203/ENVY/LRP can do that
I didn't ask that nor in any way did I say it does.

So if you have Linker and X4, you can do 4K HDR > LINKER> 1080p HDR > X4 > 1080p SDR.

And yes it will convert HDR only and pass thru SDR.
Thank you, this answers my question.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
It's Xmas time & time for the last promo of the year !

We wish you all the best for this holiday season, enjoy good times ^^
Below is 25% OFF coupon code that you can use to purchase anything from our catalog till the 25 December !
Coupon code to use in shopping cart: XMAS25
------------------------------------
This might be the last usual discount from us, next year we will introduce a new way of providing discount to our customers, fans and supporters where active and supporting members get the most discount as they deserve it. More on that later...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm interested in getting one of these because I read in the manual on page 9 that can display NON-SCALED ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO content.

I have a couple of plasma TV's which require oddball timings 1) 1366x768 [reduced blanking] and 2) 852x480 [via DVI]

If I buy a HDFury X4 can I set up custom timings and output at these resolutions? Will the non scaled original aspect ratio setting (mentioned of page 9 of the manual) work with these custom timings?

How will it handle 720x480 inputs? Most TV's will squeeze this resolution to a 4:3 aspect ratio but I want it displayed as 1:1 (like an Extron 301 HD or Crestron HD scaler would). Is there a setting for that?

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
I'm interested in getting one of these because I read in the manual on page 9 that can display NON-SCALED ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO content.

I have a couple of plasma TV's which require oddball timings 1) 1366x768 [reduced blanking] and 2) 852x480 [via DVI]

If I buy a HDFury X4 can I set up custom timings and output at these resolutions? Will the non scaled original aspect ratio setting (mentioned of page 9 of the manual) work with these custom timings?

How will it handle 720x480 inputs? Most TV's will squeeze this resolution to a 4:3 aspect ratio but I want it displayed as 1:1 (like an Extron 301 HD or Crestron HD scaler would). Is there a setting for that?
Please ask tech+support [AT] tutanota.com
He will be able to answer that better than me.

·
Registered
998 Posts
@HDfury Sorry for the digging, we agree that the x4 is not usable with DolbyVision? And that there is no solution to make DV to SDR ?
Thx
Correct there is no way to convert Dolby Vision to SDR. Only the beta 0.7 hdfury x4 firmware can convert LLDV/HDR to SDR.
Not regular Dolby Vision.

·
Registered
95 Posts
hello ,

Please recommend me a HDfury product for my requirement.
I have 4k HTPC, 4k HDR compatible reciever (Yamaha Rx-A3050), but i have an old 1080p epson projector.

I have a lot of 4k HDR content.

I want to watch it on my 1080p projector.

Please suggest me the right HdFury product to use with my setup.

Thanks

·
Registered
998 Posts
hello ,

Please recommend me a HDfury product for my requirement.
I have 4k HTPC, 4k HDR compatible reciever (Yamaha Rx-A3050), but i have an old 1080p epson projector.

I have a lot of 4k HDR content.

I want to watch it on my 1080p projector.

Please suggest me the right HdFury product to use with my setup.

Thanks
you have asked this question on all the hdfury threads. The diva is the product you need.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm having an issue with my hdfury x4. I just got this device and have updated the firmware to 1.6 but when I try put the setting to 1080p via component I get a huge green bar on the left hand side and the image is shifted to the right. Almost like the auto centering is not working. When in 1080i or 720p it is centered properly.

Is there a setting I am not doing right?

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm having an issue with my hdfury x4. I just got this device and have updated the firmware to 1.6 but when I try put the setting to 1080p via component I get a huge green bar on the left hand side and the image is shifted to the right. Almost like the auto centering is not working. When in 1080i or 720p it is centered properly.

Is there a setting I am not doing right?
Post a pic of the dip switches on the hdfury x4.

But I am guessing the capture card just do not like 1080p via component video.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Post a pic of the dip switches on the hdfury x4.

But I am guessing the capture card just do not like 1080p via component video.
I'm sorry I forgot to mention, the dip switches are in the default position. I am running this from a 1080p bluray player into a denon receiver into the hdfury into an Epson 5030ub. I am not actually using a capture card.

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm sorry I forgot to mention, the dip switches are in the default position. I am running this from a 1080p bluray player into a denon receiver into the hdfury into an Epson 5030ub. I am not actually using a capture card.
Please upload a pic for me to view the switches.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts