AVS Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I just looked up the manual for the Epson 5030ub and it says that it supports 1080p 50/60hz over component. I'm not sure whats going on.
The hdfury does not have the ability to center the image over component video.
If the epson has a vga input you can try using that as the hdfury does allow centering over vga.
You just need to change dip switch 1 on the hdfury.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A question for a very odd project, where the HDFury X4 (with scaler FW) is completely overkill:
- Can the X4 also perform interlacing of a progressive input and supply the output on component/analog? I'm interested in converting older VESA PC resolutions, such as 800x600, 1024x768 and outputs from bluray players such as 720p or 1080p. This must be converted to 576i (System-B/G (PAL)), but I don't see if this can be accomplished. I have read the manual on the HDFury home page, but am unsure how such a setup can be accomplished with the switches.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
A question for a very odd project, where the HDFury X4 (with scaler FW) is completely overkill:
- Can the X4 also perform interlacing of a progressive input and supply the output on component/analog? I'm interested in converting older VESA PC resolutions, such as 800x600, 1024x768 and outputs from bluray players such as 720p or 1080p. This must be converted to 576i (System-B/G (PAL)), but I don't see if this can be accomplished. I have read the manual on the HDFury home page, but am unsure how such a setup can be accomplished with the switches.
No this is not possible the lowest output the hdfury x4 will scale to is 576p/480p.
It will not scale the output to 576i or 480i

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Hello,

I am a recent owner of an X4 and I have a few questions :

Is the HDMI Out a pass-thru or does it scale ?

I want to sue DVI out, what cable should I use, VGA->DVI ?

Thanks

Scott
HDMI can pass thru or UP or DOWN SCALE and even change frame rate, that's up to you and the settings to decide; if you tell more about your setup, we can give better instructions.
For DVI OUT, you might need special firmware, you can join our support server or we can send by PM here, as you prefer.

DVI can be DVI-A and in such case VGA>DVI should be used BUT DVI can also be DVI-D and in such case HDMI>DVI cable must be used.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am about to buy this box, and write the 3Dfury firmware on it in the hopes that it will work with my OLED.
Before I do that, can someone confirm if this is working or not on an OLED display ? Haven't been able to find any information regarding this usecase.
I am truly desperate to be able to watch again my 3D blurays because I don't have a 3D capable display anymore and, of course, you can't buy them anymore...

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi, I am about to buy this box, and write the 3Dfury firmware on it in the hopes that it will work with my OLED.
Before I do that, can someone confirm if this is working or not on an OLED display ? Haven't been able to find any information regarding this usecase.
I am truly desperate to be able to watch again my 3D blurays because I don't have a 3D capable display anymore and, of course, you can't buy them anymore...

THANK YOU!
As per discord I do not recommend this. But please test it out and report back how it worked for you.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts