AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having compatiblity problems between my HDMI 1.3 sources and my projector which uses DVI to a 1080p board. The distance is slightly less than 60 feet which is a problem. Currently using Gefen fiber optic DVI (66 ft).

If I were to switch to HDMI 1.3 for this 60 ft run, what product would you recommend and why.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectionist2 /forum/post/15436714

By large conduit, do you mean fiber?

He means run a large electrical conduit (pipe) in the wall so that you can easily pull a different cable (such as CAT5/6) if the HDMI doesn't work.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutschow /forum/post/15458173

He means run a large electrical conduit (pipe) in the wall so that you can easily pull a different cable (such as CAT5/6) if the HDMI doesn't work.

Yes, I mean large flexible electrical conduit through which you can pull whatever cables you need in the future. If you have open access, then you don't need conduit, and you can pull whatever wire you want and see if it works. If it doesn't work, try the next thing.

Obviously if you don't have access to pull new wire, you can't try new things, thus the recommendation for conduit in place for inaccessible cable runs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.