AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new onkyo 6100 and I have had my hdmi cables for about two y ears. Should I upgrade my cables to the 1.3a specifications to run from my cable box, ps3, xbox into the onkyo and out to my tv or should I just keep my older hdmi cables.

·
Registered
29,190 Posts
Just try your current cables. If you get good picture and sound then there's no need to change. Its either gonna work, or not work at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the newer HDMI specs aren't specific to the cable itself.

In other words (taken from wikipedia)

HDMI devices are manufactured to adhere to various versions of the specification, where each version is given a number such as 1.0, 1.2, or 1.3a.[13] Each subsequent version of the specification uses the same kind of cable but increases the bandwidth and/or capabilities of what can be transmitted over the cable.[13] A product listed as having an HDMI version does not necessarily mean that it will have all of the features that are listed for that version since some HDMI features are optional such as Deep Color and xvYCC (which is branded by Sony as "x.v.Color").[102][103]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. I will stick with my cables now and just add one that I need to go from the Receiver to the TV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts