AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how some of these new Video Processors are going to handle the new HDMI 1.3 format. Yes I know that we would need a source that outputs an HDMI 1.3 at new specs and a device to display.

The reason I ask this is because I am considering getting a VP but am concered that in a year or two it will be obsolete when products/ content start supporting HDMI 1.3.

·
Registered
980 Posts
No VP available to buy now offers a path to HDMI 1.3

The Lumagen Radiance (launch date to be announced) is promising an upgradeable HDMI board. But it's too early to say when the board will be available.

I'm guessing that when the Radiance comes out of beta, they'll announce a dev roadmap.

In 2 years it could well become a factor, but personally 2 years is a long time to try and plan ahead for. I got an HDMI 1.2 VP last summer because 1.3 is was too hazy to base any purchasing decision on imo. ymmv.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HDMI1.3 isn't out yet i'm afraid so you're options are limited. You can wait until the end of the year and go without processor all that time, go with a Radiance and upgrade as and when 1.3 is available, or go with a HDMI1.2 processor and if you really feel you are missing out on 1.3 when the time comes sell on and upgrade.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tend to be upgrade happy but I have twins (instant family) on the way and the span between upgrades will be growing.

Sad to say that I will stick to my current setup until more comes out with HDMI 1.3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.