AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the threads for this info, but found nothing newer than a year old. Sorry if this is sort of a repeat, but I need current info.

Installing a Panasonic PT AE4000U ceiling mounted projector in a home theater room. Running the HDMI from the projector to the receiver (Denon AVR2310CI). This cable run is between 25 and 30 feet long.

I went to Monoprice with the intent of getting a 30' HDMI 1.3a Cat 2 rated cable. I ended up talking with a consultant there because I couldn't find that on their website. They said that in HDMI 1.3a the longest possible is 25'. They said once you get longer than 25' you lose the 1.3a rating.

So to get the 30' length I need, I would have to get this..

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...#specification

It is CL2 rated but HDMI 1.2a.

So here's my question....running from receiver to projector do I really need HDMI 1.3a or will this 1.2a cable work fine? I could move the projector a bit and maybe make the 25' 1.3a cable work.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
364 Posts
1.2a will support 1080p video, but not deep color...you need 1.3 and higher for deep color and to pass the HD audio codecs, but you have no reason to pass the audio from your receiver to your projector, as your receiver will process the audio from your Blu Ray/DVD/SAT Box, etc. and for this connection you can just use a short 1.3a compliant cord.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Check out Blue Jeans Cable. I got 35' 1.3a cables a while back and I know they still have them so I wouldn't believe MonoPrice this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts