AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question pertains to the internet ready TV's. If I have a PS3 and an XBOX connected to my 3d ready TV and my PS3 and XBOX are wired to the internet. If I connect my PS3/Xbox to my TV with a 1.4 HDMI cable would my TV be connected to the internet then also linked through the PS3/Xbox??

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
I think that at the very least, all the components you want to connect that way will have to have full HDMI 1.4-spec jacks that include the Ethernet connection, in addition to the cables. Don't take it for granted that they do because they pass a 1.4 3D signal--you'll need to find out for certain from your user manuals or from the manufacturers' tech support people. Otherwise, you'll have to connect everything separately through a router.

·
Registered
675 Posts
For HDMI 1.4 Ethernet support, all of the products need to support the feature. Not just the TV. The source device (like the PS3), the repeater/switcher (like the AVR), and the TV. If just one does not support, then it will not work. Also all new features of HDMI 1.4 are totally optional, so a device can pass the current basic tests for high speed HDMI and not support any of the new features. HDMI LLC requires the manufacturers to list on the sales specs and owner’s guides which of these features are support if they do support any. If it is not listed, the device most likely does not support the feature.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP /forum/post/20833033

For HDMI 1.4 Ethernet support, all of the products need to support the feature. Not just the TV. The source device (like the PS3), the repeater/switcher (like the AVR), and the TV. If just one does not support, then it will not work. Also all new features of HDMI 1.4 are totally optional, so a device can pass the current basic tests for high speed HDMI and not support any of the new features. HDMI LLC requires the manufacturers to list on the sales specs and owner's guides which of these features are support if they do support any. If it is not listed, the device most likely does not support the feature.

You said it way better than I did!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.