AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run pvc pipe around my basement to the place where the tv will be. I run 4 cat 6 cables which are not terminated as of right now and since I bought cat 6 in bulk i had a lot of cat 6 cable available to me so no issues there.
I also purchased 2 50' feet HDMI cables

http://www.cablesalescanada.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=394_480_625&products_id=447

which turns out to be short if I run them via my conduit but if i run without conduit they length will be just fine. Now my concern is that there are wires for my lights there,AC lines etc. Also there are AC vents in the ceiling. Is there any rules I should follow as to where to place this HDMI cable so I can still use it. I would like to use both of these.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
which turns out to be short if I run them via my conduit but if i run without conduit they length will be just fine. Now my concern is that there are wires for my lights there,AC lines etc. Also there are AC vents in the ceiling. Is there any rules I should follow as to where to place this HDMI cable so I can still use it. I would like to use both of these.
Keep them 12" away from AC (romex) whenever possible, and cross it at right angles, if possible. But in reality, the high-speed digital signals on the HDMI cable aren't going to be bothered by AC power lines...

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
What about lights wiring and ressesed lights? What about duct in the ceiling?
Lighting boxes and fixtures - same answer, try to avoid, but not the end of the world. Ductwork, keep it away so it doesn't get pinched, but otherwise, it doesn't matter...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lighting boxes and fixtures - same answer, try to avoid, but not the end of the world. Ductwork, keep it away so it doesn't get pinched, but otherwise, it doesn't matter...
It wont get pinched by duckwork but it might be sitting on top of it in same places.....so I guess heat/cold from ducttwork doesn't matter

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
It wont get pinched by duckwork but it might be sitting on top of it in same places.....so I guess heat/cold from ducttwork doesn't matter
It won't, but I would avoid laying wires on metal ductwork just to avoid potential points for rattling noises.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts