AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to play a video file that has an audio track that's got several channels embedded, and using a matrox MXO2mini for that. i need to get to those audio channels for further mixing on an analog mixer. no need for balanced XLR, - RCA will do.

what is the eaiest way for this? using an amplifier?

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 639me
i need to play a video file that has an audio track that's got several channels embedded, and using a matrox MXO2mini for that. i need to get to those audio channels for further mixing on an analog mixer. no need for balanced XLR, - RCA will do.

what is the eaiest way for this? using an amplifier?
Keep in mind that HDMI is designed to prevent such tampering. However, if you were to purchase an HDMI switcher that has 7.1-channel analog audio outputs, that would provide a way to do what you asked. Check Octava (and there are a few other companies that have 7.1-channel output for their HDMI switchers).

If you want to use an AVR (which could be cheaper if you have one available), the speaker volume knob will also control the pre-amp outputs on most AVRs. So, you'll have to set your pre-amp outputs appropriately for use as line-level inputs.

I'm assuming you want to use the HDMI output for some reason for this. Any other way I can think of doing this would require software editing using the original file, which is outside of the scope of this forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts