AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finalizing the hook up of my new Panasonic GT30 plasma and Panasonic BDT-210 bluray player using HDMI last night I had a problem with the audio dropping out every 20-30sec or so. The video output (1080p) seemed unaffected.

Bad cable(s)?

When I get home tonight, I will try a new cable directly from the bluray player to the TV but seems odd that a problem with my HDMI cable routing would only affect audio and not the video.

Appreciate any comments.

·
Registered
19,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijourneaux1
I was finalizing the hook up of my new Panasonic GT30 plasma and Panasonic BDT-210 bluray player using HDMI last night I had a problem with the audio dropping out every 20-30sec or so. The video output (1080p) seemed unaffected.

Bad cable(s)?

When I get home tonight, I will try a new cable directly from the bluray player to the TV but seems odd that a problem with my HDMI cable routing would only affect audio and not the video.

Appreciate any comments.
I have the same BD player with no issues at all. Do you see (hear) the audio drop out when you stream from VuDu, Netflix, etc or is it just BD movies? I run mine thru the AVR with High Speed HDMI cables.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot
I have the same BD player with no issues at all. Do you see (hear) the audio drop out when you stream from VuDu, Netflix, etc or is it just BD movies? I run mine thru the AVR with High Speed HDMI cables.
It is only an issue between the TV and the Bluray player. I have a second HDMI connection between the plasma and my HTPC but I am only sending video on that connection. Audio is output from my HTPC to my speaker system via coax SPDIF.

I will try the NetFLix app on the Bluray player tonight to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went directly from the HDMI port on the bluray player to the plasma. NO dropouts in the audio.

So I have a problem with my HDMI connections in the wall from where the bluray player is located to where the plasma is located.

Is there a way to test HDMI cables?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.