AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to google a hdmi audio splitter for my BR capable laptop is showing everything but what i need..

All I want is a "adapter" to extract the hdmi audio from the hdmi cable before it goes into the tv's HDMI input ( as it doesn't have hdmi audio capabilitie) but has both digital and rca audio inputs as well as the dolby receiver i prefer to use...

Most of what I am finding is splitting HDMI into 2 HDMI outputs or xbox stuff...

Thanks ahead...

I prefer amazon or newegg as I get free shipping.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
The proper search term is 'HDMI audio de-embedder'. Try again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilian.ca  /t/1420708/hdmi-audio-extraction-question#post_22227977

The proper search term is 'HDMI audio de-embedder'. Try again.
Ty.

Wow, I googled that search term $$$...

All I was trying to avoid was running a second cable for audio 20 freaking feet...

For those prices I can buy a new tv that has HDMI audio, but I guess I will just get a audio cable. Doesnt seem right.

·
Registered
30,662 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, TY.

Thats the HDX-401TA.

I already have the HDX-401E, almost the same except the audio, guess i could sell the old one....

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Any tape will do nicely. No need to over-react when a simple solution is readily available.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I bought a sheet of "LIGHTDIMS" (link) a while back, but have not yet got around to trying them...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts