AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this but I just got. a great deal on a Samsung UN60FH6003 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED TV

it only has . 2 HDMI outputs however and no audio outs

what do i need to add more hdmi outputs and also an audio out function for my sound bar?

AlsI have a surround sound system hooked to Another TV but the surround sound speakers only work when playing DVD in system..how do I get surround sound to work for all audio on that TV? Like DVD in surround sound player and Xbox and cable. Or if i wanted to hook that up to the new tv and incorporate that into the new hdmi adapter or whatever. Thank you

·
Registered
28,895 Posts

Quote:
it only has . 2 HDMI outputs however and no audio outs

Your Samsung TV doesn't have any HDMI outputs, it has HDMI inputs. With no optical output you're kinda screwed if you want to connect your soundbar.
Quote:
AlsI have a surround sound system hooked to Another TV but the surround sound speakers only work when playing DVD in system..how do I get surround sound to work for all audio on that TV? Like DVD in surround sound player and Xbox and cable. Or if i wanted to hook that up to the new tv and incorporate that into the new hdmi adapter or whatever. Thank you

without a make and model number of this surround system it is impossible to help you. Need to know what kind of connections are available on this unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I typed that in a hurry On lunch break. . I meant inputs

And the surround sound is Panasonic SA-PT650

·
Registered
83 Posts

You have no outputs on that TV.  So that means having a TiVo or Cable DVR to output sound to the Soundbar.  Same with the game system and DVD or Blu-Ray player.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sound bar isn't that big of a deal since its not that good anyway and I dont mind if iI can't use it but basically my only chance of getting the surround sound hooked up to play the audio of everything on the TV I have to route it to my Mediacom box?

also do they make some kind of adapter that plugs into the hdmi input and creates more hdmi ?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicrawl  /t/1521007/hdmi-audio-out#post_24440473

Not that much at the moment since I just played $800 for the tv lol
Ok well come back when you have money to spend. We really can't help you out in terms of speakers without a budget. You need to give us what you are willing to spend and we can help from there

That HDMI splitter will so the trick to give you more hdmi inputs, but so would an AVR.

As for getting surround sound from other devices with your HTIB get an optical/toslink spltter.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicrawl  /t/1521007/hdmi-audio-out/0_100#post_24440127

The sound bar isn't that big of a deal since its not that good anyway and I dont mind if iI can't use it but basically my only chance of getting the surround sound hooked up to play the audio of everything on the TV I have to route it to my Mediacom box?

also do they make some kind of adapter that plugs into the hdmi input and creates more hdmi ?
The mediacom box is an output device, just like the gaming system & dvd player.  It does not have any inputs on it.  Only way you are going to get sound not going through the tv speakers, is either get a better sound bar, or get a home theater, route everything through either one of the two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts