AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together a surround sound system in my bonus room, and my question is :

If my HD components support HDMI V 1.3 and my cables support V1.3 does this mean the wall plates having HDMI porrts must support HDMI 1.3 in order to maximize my bandwidth?

I know that if (for comparison yet related to PCs) if i plug a USB 2.0 device into a USB 1.1 port on computer the bandwidth will be bottlenecked by the USB 1.1 port and bandwidth is restricted by the USB 1.1). I am wondering if this is the same for AV components.

Thanks !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, any drop in bandwidth, anywhere in the line, will bottleneck your throughput. This is true in all cabling, be it ethernet, USB or HDMI.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Its the device, not the cable that is classified as version 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 Several different tests have shown that any HDMI cable is capable of passing the required bandwidth of HDMI v1.3 Many companies however are labeling thier cables as "1080p" or "HDMI v1.3" capable to gain the sales from uneducated buyers. That being said, your wall plates don't need a rating to ensure that they will work with your system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts