AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's an interesting question.

I have a travel trailer and it has a set of outdoor speakers connected to it's entertainment system. I also have an HDMI projector that I plan on hooking up to my Kindle.

So, I don't want to run any cables into the trailer from the outside. I'm going to place the projector and Kindle on a little table and project onto a portable screen on the side of the trailer. I bought a little Bluetooth dongle to hook up to the Aux input of the trailer stereo. The problem is that the Kindle won't transmit audio via Bluetooth if you also have the HDMI connected.

Does anyone know if the iPad can do this? I don't think it can. Any other solutions? I was going to buy a bluetooth transmitter to connect to the audio out of the projector but I assumed that by the time the audio got to the stereo I would probably have some significant lag. If I just can't find a way of doing it I guess I'll just run a cable but I was hoping for something wireless.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Both my original iPad version 1 and my new iPad Air allow you to select HDMI or Bluetooth for audio out when playing video from the iPad. You first must connect to the bluetooth speaker before starting the video. When the video starts, there's a little icon you press and then the sound comes out on the bluetooth. I use the feature every week when I travel for business. Most hotel limit the sound output of their TVs so you don't disturb your neighbors, I just use the bluetooth speaker to get enough volume to hear all the dialog.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts