AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys know a better trick or idea to hide the unsightly hdmi cables hanging from the back of a wall mounted TV other then the below link:

They say you can paint this the same color as your wall but is their anything else on the market this long [30"] or longer that accomplishs the same concealment:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_717CMK3...0.html?tp=1290

I do not want to run the cables down thru the inside of the wall.

Regards & Thanks for any replys.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Those kits are also available at Home Depot and Lowes.

If you only have to hide a HDMI cable and maybe a power cable you may find some other products from wiremold that will suffice and have a smaller footprint

Once you paint it the same color as yer wall you won't hardly notice it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanski /forum/post/16911051

Those kits are also available at Home Depot and Lowes.

If you only have to hide a HDMI cable and maybe a power cable you may find some other products from wiremold that will suffice and have a smaller footprint

Once you paint it the same color as yer wall you won't hardly notice it.

Thank you Sir for the tip & advice ! It is very much appreciated !

Regards,

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 /forum/post/16911000

Any of you guys know a better trick or idea to hide the unsightly hdmi cables hanging from the back of a wall mounted TV other then the below link:

They say you can paint this the same color as your wall but is their anything else on the market this long [30"] or longer that accomplishs the same concealment:

Kinda the same thing.....

http://archive2.avsforum.com/avs-vb/...=wiremold+2300

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
yes, there is another possibility but that depends on your power cable. you mentioned hiding the hdmi, what about the power? is there an outlet behind the tv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 /forum/post/16911000

I do not want to run the cables down thru the inside of the wall.

Regards & Thanks for any replys.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanski /forum/post/16918017

Randy...those are all Wiremold products.

Yeah i know, but the Crutchfield product is very similar to the Wiremold line that i've been selling to electrical contractors for over 30 years
The products in my post are available locally from electrical wholesale distributors.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtytwoinch /forum/post/16918023

So, basically, only options are cable runways and they seem to look pretty good.

Well, the best option is the one you are not open to - running the cables within the wall.

In wall installs look very clean and professional. Everything else look like you're trying to hide cables.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtytwoinch /forum/post/16920978

But thats expensive.

It's actually not bad to do it yourself. The best trick that I've seen is to make a small hole in the wall, and then make another along (or behind) the molding directly plumb beneath it along the floor. Then, buy about 10 feet of pull-chain cord that you use to turn on overhead lightbulbs (maybe 5 cents per square foot at home depot, so $.50) and drop it in the top hole. Because the stuff has some wait, it will go straight down. Pull the chain through the hole on the bottom, tie and tape the HDMI cable to the top of the chain real well, and then pull the whole thing through the wall. Easy as pie, and cheaper than those ugly runners. (In my opinion)

·
Registered
626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethhorwitz /forum/post/16921848

It's actually not bad to do it yourself. The best trick that I've seen is to make a small hole in the wall, and then make another along (or behind) the molding directly plumb beneath it along the floor. Then, buy about 10 feet of pull-chain cord that you use to turn on overhead lightbulbs (maybe 5 cents per square foot at home depot, so $.50) and drop it in the top hole. Because the stuff has some wait, it will go straight down. Pull the chain through the hole on the bottom, tie and tape the HDMI cable to the top of the chain real well, and then pull the whole thing through the wall. Easy as pie, and cheaper than those ugly runners. (In my opinion)

But what do you do with the power cord?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts