AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed some in-wall 1.3a HDMI from monoprice to run from my wall mount LCD to my receiver. It was working great for about 3 weeks but now my Samsung LCD shows "NO SIGNAL" for all devices. I took the cable out of the equation and ran another HDMI cable from the TV to the receiver and it works fine.

Are HDMI cables known for failure? Nothing has changed in my configuration, everything else works.

I loathe having to open my walls up to pull this cable out and run another. And I doubt I will be buying the same one off Monoprice if this is apt to happen again.

Is this known to happen?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Cable failure is rare, but certainly not impossible.

Have you tried wiggling the cable at both ends while the units are on to see if that makes a difference? The most likely place for a failure would be the connectors or the internal connections of the cable wires to the connectors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have almost the identical problem as the person who posted here. I have a 25' HDMI cable in the wall and after working for about 3-4 weeks with only some intermittent failure has now completely quit working. At first I had to just wiggle the short cable between wall plate and TV to get the signal back to the TV but now that won't work either. I have changed the wall plates on each end to no avail. It is connected to a 52 inch Samsung LCD T.V. and it doesn't matter what the AV source is (as I have tried several different ones). A short HDMI cable works but not the 25 ft. one. Could a nail through the cable cause this? It does undergo two 90 deg turns that are pretty tight in the wall - could that be it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts