AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to buy the HS20 and I wanted to make sure and take full advantage of the HDMI on my AV59i. I need a 12 meter HDMI cable as it is a long run to my projector. I don't mind spending more money if it makes a difference...I just want to make sure I don't lose any signal with the long run. Are there any recommendations on which brand/make of HDMI cable I should purchase?

Thank you in advance...

Jack

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't think you are going to find a 12m HDMI to HDMi available yet, in fact you probably won't find anything over 6 feet or 2M just yet. I have the exact same setup and run both DVI and HDMI in 10M runs. My DVD is hooked up via Bettercables 15 foot HDMI to DVI, I have that spliced with a DVIgear DVI-DVI splicer and then back into another DVI-HDMI betterbcables 15 foot cable. While I don't like the splice it does serve the purpose and the picture quality from what I can tell is not hampered by the connection. Now for your setup should you really need that extra 6 feet you are going to have to add two more splices and a DVI to DVI in the middle. Unless you can find a female to female 6 foot DVI cable. I wasn't able to find anyone who makes the cable with a female end on it. As far DVI in 30 foot runs, I know that cobalt cable makes a great cable and my 30 foot run once again shows no signal degradation. There are several other vendors out there too that make these cables, that is the only one I can speak to.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here - here for the cobalt cable DVI cable. they were even honest enough to refund the 15% discount which came just after I placed the order. Cannot speak enough of their customer service. In regards to the HDMI 30 foot+, I have not seen any yet either.

However, might be worth contacting the companies directly to see if they will do a custom cable for you. I don't think it will be long before these extra lengths come out though as HDMI gains more support from the manufacturers. Good luck !

Cheers,

Alby

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.