AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BDD to one HDMI input and my UVerse box plugged into the other. Sometimes the center channel cuts out on the input and pushing in the HDMI cables can make it cut in and out. Sometimes it stays on.

Is this thing gone or is there anything that can fix it? The center channel can also turn on when I push on the top of the AVR. Any ideas beyond getting a new one?

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Id refloow the sloder on the HDMI board and see if that fixes it. Sounds like a bad connectionif it sort of woks then it dont...And by pressing on the top of the receiver sounds like something is loose.

1. just try another HDMI cable and or HDMI input.

2. If problem presists Id try solder reflow.

·
Registered
12,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chood /forum/post/20820096

I have a BDD to one HDMI input and my UVerse box plugged into the other. Sometimes the center channel cuts out on the input and pushing in the HDMI cables can make it cut in and out. Sometimes it stays on.

Is this thing gone or is there anything that can fix it? The center channel can also turn on when I push on the top of the AVR. Any ideas beyond getting a new one?

Most likely a bad connection or cracked circuit board..

When pushing on the HDMI connector the circuit board can flex, making or breaking a connection. Also the HDMI signal is digital so if you interrupted its path all channels would cut out not just one..

Another thing to check when pulling off the top cover is the ribbon cables...

Pioneer uses these(like other AVR makers) and they fit into a slot, if loose and/or partially slipped out of their socket an intermittent signal can result..

Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a feeling it is some loose connections considering pushing on the top makes it work/not-work. Have tried swapping cables many times.

I have had it apart and nothing was broken. i would need to look on the amp section and not the HDMI section right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.