AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 55" Samsung LCD and need to make a run of approximately 25feet.

Question: What size HDMI cable should I go with? 22,24,28?

After reading reviews on Monoprice seems as if the cables are stiff and will cause problems trying to hook into TV and then bend to go back through wall channel. If I buy a 22AWG 1.3a cable, is it OK to terminate it at my walls and then use a more flexible cable to hook to TV and to my cable box and DVD on the other end? Will this cause any loss of signal?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have quite a few 6' HDMI cables, no need for ferrites in my book. And the 25' run, check Monoprice, probably a 24ga cable. Just to be safe, you may also want to get a couple of the cable holders or a 90 degree attachment for where the cable hooks into your gear.

Mike

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeCA /forum/post/16851596

Also...if I use a shorter cable to attach to TV, do I need the ferrite cores?

I saw no difference between ferrite and non-ferrite 6' HDMI cables. Where the HDMI port on my TV is located, the HDMI cable has to bend and the ferrite really got in the way. As for your 25' run, I would do it exactly as you described. Low AWG to preserve the signal over the distance and higher AWG for flexibility to make the connections. Also, the lighter HDMI cables seem to stay connected into the ports better. The heavier ones want to fall out.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.