AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsianMan /forum/post/0


It is a digital signal, so no, brand doesn't matter. Like digital TV, you either get it or you don't.

Well, sort of. I'd suggest picking up the 24 AWG cables since they are the latest and best support HDMI 1.3. Lower XX AWG, the better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsianMan /forum/post/0


It is a digital signal, so no, brand doesn't matter. Like digital TV, you either get it or you don't.



I wish that were completely true.. Try using an antenna for HD and you will see that's just not the case.. HDMI isn't that expensive as most have told you and wait till you get it. I was expecting it to like coax but it's like a power line cable.. I got a 50ft one for 75bucks.. My component cables at 30ft was around the same price..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain /forum/post/0


agreed. anyone telling you otherwise is full of it...

or justifying their purchase
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Lies!


My Monster Cable M Series 8' HDMI A/V Cable was a steal at only $219.99 + tax


Does your cheap Monoprice cable offer:


- High-velocity, silver-coated center conductors for picture detail and color saturation?


- High-density, quad-layer shielding for high-quality 7.1 surround sound?


- Nitrogen gas-injected dielectric for improved signal strength?


- 24K gold contacts for enhanced signal transfer and corrosion resistance?


I think not! Peasants! Now pardon me as I leave to enjoy the sweet sounds from my Bose Wave Radio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
I just did a home theater install over the weekend and picked up all of my cables and so forth from monoprice at the cost of one Monster or Acoustic Research Cable..


Like with most things, who cares who made it or what name's on it as long as it offers great quality.


But then again, people love filing up their signature lines with name brand mumbo-jumbo....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
I like bluejeans cables myself, but that's neither here nor there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswell /forum/post/0


Lies!


My Monster Cable M Series 8' HDMI A/V Cable was a steal at only $219.99 + tax


Does your cheap Monoprice cable offer:


- High-velocity, silver-coated center conductors for picture detail and color saturation?


- High-density, quad-layer shielding for high-quality 7.1 surround sound?


- Nitrogen gas-injected dielectric for improved signal strength?


- 24K gold contacts for enhanced signal transfer and corrosion resistance?


I think not! Peasants! Now pardon me as I leave to enjoy the sweet sounds from my Bose Wave Radio.

Nice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 /forum/post/0


I wish that were completely true.. Try using an antenna for HD and you will see that's just not the case.. HDMI isn't that expensive as most have told you and wait till you get it. I was expecting it to like coax but it's like a power line cable.. I got a 50ft one for 75bucks.. My component cables at 30ft was around the same price..

Correct point, bad example. Antenna's, by definition, pick up analog signals so it's not an all digital connection from source to destination as with HDMI. While it conceptually true that since the connection is purely digital you either get or don'tm the reality is that particularly over long runs you can a lose a "bit" of data here and there that can cause some picture anomalies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Krypton /forum/post/0


And I thank them with my 10 dollar purchase. I hope they stretch that extra 10 cents they get tonite.

i think its 10c per month... not sure, maybe they got union thing going on, never know...
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top