AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the Onkyo 606b whos HDMI ports keep blowing up/Not syncing (see 1000 threads
. For 6 months it worked perfectuy with TV volume, inputs, and on/off

TV: Mits 73" DLP - 73736

I have a PS3

XBOX

HTPC with ATI 5870/Bitstreaming

IS there any other brand that seems to be as compatible as the Onkyo's with HDMI-CEC? Seems that even the pioneers are having problems.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Honestly, to improve system usability and WAF, I'd just turn HDMI CEC off and get a universal remote control rather than trying to use your receiver remote to control the entire system via HDMI commands. You'll get a lot fewer headaches setting up the new remote control than trying to sort out the various CEC compatibility issues.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would lead to more expensive non-IR based systems etc. I was trying to avoid that. Had a harmony working well since all I need my hidden receiver to do is switch on/off, input, volume.

If the onkyo made a quality product....

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
It's not Onkyo... AFAIK, no manufacturers really agree on any kind of standardization for HDMI CEC. It may work, or it may not. It's a total crap-shoot that's best avoided unless you like headaches. If your receiver is "hidden" a simple IR repeater may be all you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts