AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! New member. Just did a major update of my HT system - Pioneer Elite VSX-92 Receiver, Pioneer Blu-Ray DVD, and Samsung 5281 Flat Panel. I tried to integrate them using the Samsung Anynet (HDMI-CEC) function. I do a device scan from the Samsung setup menu and it finds the player and the receiver fine. You can even use the Anynet function to activate the DVD player. Anynet even shows the Receiver, but it's grayed out and shows status as "Off".

Any suggestions, or will this just likely not work due to incompatibility between the different brands? (Although it works with the DVD player!)

SeattleStarGazer

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleStarGazer /forum/post/13000572

Hi! New member. Just did a major update of my HT system - Pioneer Elite VSX-92 Receiver, Pioneer Blu-Ray DVD, and Samsung 5281 Flat Panel. I tried to integrate them using the Samsung Anynet (HDMI-CEC) function. I do a device scan from the Samsung setup menu and it finds the player and the receiver fine. You can even use the Anynet function to activate the DVD player. Anynet even shows the Receiver, but it's grayed out and shows status as "Off".

Any suggestions, or will this just likely not work due to incompatibility between the different brands? (Although it works with the DVD player!)

SeattleStarGazer

what's the problem except gray color? Can you switch on TV with bray? Can you control volume from both remotes?

·
Registered
12,230 Posts
This has been posted previously...

Samsung did not follow the defined HDMI standards for the CEC protocol..

Therefore the Samsung display will have some function issues..

Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
3,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggydog666 /forum/post/20923113

what's the problem except gray color? Can you switch on TV with bray? Can you control volume from both remotes?

You realize you're responding to a 3.5 tray old post.
Doubt the OPis here or cares about the response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You do realize that forums get picked up by search engines, and many people (like myself) find the information useful, nonetheless, right? I have the same problem as the OP, with a Samsung lnt4061 lcd display and an Onkyo receiver. Even thouh the Anynet menu says "receiver: off", I observe the following with Anynet turned on:

Powering off the tv can power off the receiver if that feature is turned on from the tv side.

The receiver switches to the tv/cd input which is designed for the tv's audio return. Problem is, I hear no audio because the receiver expects an optical cable on the tv/cd input, and I'm only using a single hdmi input to the tv.

I'm posting in case this helps someone else in confirming their problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts