AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around to obtain a switch with
  • at least 3 HDMI inputs
  • 1 HDMI output to a video processor (Radiance mini)
  • at least 1 component input with stereo analog L + R audio
  • Also, it should route the audio (be it stereo analog or digital HDMI) of the active source to a toslink or coaxial out which is connected to my receiver.
  • auto sensing inputs are a bonus

I suppose it should do a good job digitizing the audio and the analogue video. And equally important or even more, it should at all cost avoid tampering with already digital signals. It needs to route them to the VP with minimal quality loss.

I can't seem to find such device that combines these fucntions. And I'm not sure whether I can combine several devices.

Or, should I just skip on the Radiance mini and save up for a more expensive 1?

Many thanks for suggestions!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own an EDGE, and looking to trade in for a iscan duo (no issues here) or a Radiance mini. If I go for the mini, I need a switch that provides me with said features. OR I could save for a more expensive Lumagen VP.

My personal preference would be a mini but not at any given expense. I need a quality solution switch for this to work out.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Any component video switch with a fourth channel can also switch coax digital.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.